X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augmented Items Abound! (07/13/2009)

Augmented Items Abound! (07/13/2009)

Hear ye, mighty champions of Vana'diel!
    Have you gazed longingly at the augmented apparel donned by your lower-level peers, wondering when similar equipment would be introduced for those of powers puissant?
    Consider your wait over! A host of new augmented items designed especially for high-level characters will be one of the many exciting additions in the upcoming version update.

Read on for the details!

Have you gazed longingly at the augmented apparel donned by your lower-level peers, wondering when similar equipment would be introduced for those of powers puissant?
    Consider your wait over! A host of new augmented items designed especially for high-level characters will be one of the many exciting additions in the upcoming version update.

Further Fields of Valor!
    Elite training regimes will be added to the following areas:
    Cape Teriggan / Eastern Altepa Desert / The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah / Ro'Maeve / Yuhtunga Jungle / Yhoator Jungle / Western Altepa Desert / Valley of Sorrows / Ru'Aun Gardens

Thus far, Elite training regimes have yielded augmented items intended for players level 50 and below. Those who demonstrate their valor by completing the new regimes in the fields above, however, will be rewarded with a new selection of augmented items suited for levels above 50.

A New Challenge Awaits!
    The greatest heroes and heroines of Vana'diel—those who have achieved the pinnacles of their respective professions—can also look forward to a new quest that will test the limits of their prodigious powers, and promise rich rewards in kind.
    With hordes of fell beasts threatening their ancestral homelands, the pixies would entreat your aid. By entering into a pact with the fey folk to slay one of their notorious foes, high level players will have the opportunity to obtain an augmented item to add to their arsenal.
    While Fields of Valor and the elite training regimes offer quick, straightforward objectives that can be enjoyed by lone wolves, this new quest is intended to provide a significant challenge to full parties of up to six veteran adventurers.

To participate in this quest, players must first craft a suitable weapon via a set of new recipes that will be introduced in the coming version update. Entrust one such weapon to the new quest-giving NPC and successfully complete the assigned task, and your weapon will be retuned, freshly endowed with an augment of impressive potency. Should the initial enchantment not be to your liking, you will also have the opportunity to slay a different foe—up to a maximum of five times—to receive a new augment that may better suit your needs.

This quest will offer something for everyone, as each member of the victorious party who has accepted the quest will be eligible to reap the augmented reward. Even players who have not accepted the augmentation quest will be compensated for assisting fellow adventurers with a bounty of their own.
    Last edited by LilithAngel; 07-13-2009, 02:45 AM. Reason: Nice, instead of introducing a bunch of premade new weapons, they're giving us the opportunity to make our own...

Re: Augmented Items Abound! (07/13/2009)

Hmm. I haven't done much with elite regimes, but this might be pretty interesting. Or not, depending on what the base stats and augments are.
    Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
    RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
    All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Looks like Job Updates are done.. but damn this actually looks fun!
      Rothy of Valefor Server. MyLittleChocobo Shell Holder Join DiV v2 Today!
      Jobs: | BLM 90/90 | THF 90/90 | WHM 51/90 | SCH 34/45 | RDM 46/49 | WAR 30/49 | NIN 49/49 | DNC 35/49

Comment

Wait, "Silence +7"? As in increased resistance to silence? or increasing the effect of silence on enemies?

Comment

Cool I was just about to start experimenting with FOV elite training so I guess I would hold off. Hopefully they will have less augments that give horrible negatives for a less the opitimal boost. I guess I better start doing a page per day I log so I can have enough stored.

Comment

wow this update just keeps getting better, I am loving the FoV stuff, and even though I don't have anything yet, I am trying to finish the mini expansion so I can get my body armor.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

B...to the A, Come on broken Manoploes!!! (or how ever that hand-2-hand weapon is spelled)

Comment

Originally posted by ShepardG View Post
                B...to the A, Come on broken Manoploes!!! (or how ever that hand-2-hand weapon is spelled)
                I would love for a way to get an augmented item, that could be a replacement for Joyeuse. Tired of camping for that thing...... That or a Polearm with the added effect of "bad ass" ;p
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                  Wait, "Silence +7"? As in increased resistance to silence? or increasing the effect of silence on enemies?
                  They've taken to adding many normally % boosts as '+#' with augments, my best guess would be that it meant an additional Silence effect with a 7% proc rate.
                  Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

If the augments weren't completely random it would be a lot better, IMO. Who wants to spend their gil on a bunch of the same thing to trade day after day hoping for something good?

Every time I did an elite, I got +resist of some sort. Not worth it, I'd spend less gil on something else with solid stats than constantly buying things in attempt to augment them.
                    sigpic
                    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Yeah, I'm hoping they expand the stat options. I was really hoping to trade in some bows for a shot at a minor amount of Enmity+ for PLD, but it doesn't appear that Enmity is currently an available augment from FoV.

At least with the higher level FoV I can pop in my Lamian Kaman and hope for something decent, I'm sitting on an assload of tabs from doing FoV on Despot PHs anyways.
                      Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Originally posted by LilithAngel View Post
                        A New Challenge Awaits!
                        This should've said "Here Comes A New Challenge!" instead for epics.

I just hope the high level augments are good. When Somebody trades a Hauberk in and gets -5 STR and +5 AGI it'll be game over.
                        {New Sig in the works}
                        -----------------------
                        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                        "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                        Originally posted by Solymir
                        What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Hey, all you higher-level players with some nice crap!

Mighty Champions of Vana'diel (MCoV'd): Nnnnnnope.

MCoV'd: So now we get to turn our perfectly good equipment in to junk items too? Oh goodie goodie!

Thus far, Elite training regimes have yielded augmented items intended for players level 50 and below. Those who demonstrate their valor by completing the new regimes in the fields above, however, will be rewarded with a new selection of augmented items suited for levels above 50.
                          An Errant Body with 34 MP. Truly the game-breaking pinnacle of what this system has to offer.

Really, everybody who even looked up FoV NMs knew this was coming, so why announce it after the job updates? The priorities in S-E's mind baffles me . . .

A New Challenge Awaits!
                          The greatest heroes and heroines of Vana'diel—those who have achieved the pinnacles of their respective professions—can also look forward to a new quest that will test the limits of their prodigious powers, and promise rich rewards in kind.
                          MCoV'd: So, there was a pixie right there, so I'm guessing this means a system more in line with ANNMs. Hey, junk from this actually tends to be not half bad! But, hey, we won't be . . .

With hordes of fell beasts threatening their ancestral homelands, the pixies would entreat your aid. By entering into a pact with the fey folk to slay one of their notorious foes, high level players will have the opportunity to obtain an augmented item to add to their arsenal.
                          MCoV'd:

/sigh of relief

So we're helping the pixies. That's good, we don't exactly wanna hurt those guys.

To participate in this quest, players must first craft a suitable weapon via a set of new recipes that will be introduced in the coming version update.
                          MCoV'D: Uh . . . huh. Well, good for crafters, at least!

Entrust one such weapon to the new quest-giving NPC and successfully complete the assigned task, and your weapon will be retuned, freshly endowed with an augment of impressive potency.
                          MCoV'd: So, let us get this straight: we're going to have to procure these new, craftable weapons for the sole purpose of giving them a random augment from this fight? Kind of a roundabout way of doing things, but at least I won't see a crossbow drop when I'm looking for something for Dragoon or whatever.

Nice, instead of introducing a bunch of premade new weapons, they're giving us the opportunity to make our own...

Should the initial enchantment not be to your liking, you will also have the opportunity to slay a different foe . . . —to receive a new augment that may better suit your needs . . .
                          MCoV'D: AWESOME!!!

—up to a maximum of five times
                          MCoV'd: . . . oh . . .

Really, I can tell that S-E is trying, but . . . could you please show me the part that's awesome enough to postpone this news until after the job updates, again?
                          Originally posted by Armando
                          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                          Originally posted by Armando
                          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                          Originally posted by Taskmage
                          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                          Originally posted by Taskmage
                          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                          Matthew 16:15

Comment

Here's hoping I can get something good out of my Haubergeon trading it @ Sky >. >
                            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I wouldn't trade anything worth more than 50k, because I sure as hell wouldn't want to be stuck with like a 400k item I can't sell back.
                              sigpic
                              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Working...
                              X