Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"A Moogle Kupo d'Etat" Advance Order Details! Official Site Goes Live! (06/29/2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat" Advance Order Details! Official Site Goes Live! (06/29/2009)

"A Moogle Kupo d'Etat" Advance Order Details! Official Site Goes Live! (06/29/2009)

Hear ye, hear ye! Heroes and heroines of Vana'diel, know well that advance orders for "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat—Evil in Small Doses" will be accepted via PlayOnline from Monday, July 6th. This add-on scenario, the second of three, spins a tale of Mog House mayhem. What manner of stirring adventures and rich rewards await you this time? Why, just wend your way over to the newly launched official site and see for yourself!

A promotional video and more will grace the site in the coming days, so keep your eyes peeled for the latest news!

Access the official add-on scenario site here.

*Purchasing users will be able to access the new content with the release of the next FINAL FANTASY XI version update, currently scheduled for late July.
    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Re: "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat" Advance Order Details! Official Site Goes Live! (06/29/200

Wow, that's the day after my birthday. Awesome
    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Re: "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat" Advance Order Details! Official Site Goes Live! (06/29/200

must no....re...subscribe..... ah -.-

and WTF with pic 5, we have a Moogle with the Pimp job class ;p
      Last edited by Kailea; 06-29-2009, 05:39 AM.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Ok, the gear presented on the site has got to be the result of SE saying 'what is the ugliest shit we can make that players will still use?'

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
        must no....re...subscribe..... ah -.-

and WTF with pic 5, we have a Moogle with the Pimp job class ;p
        It looks to me more like they know Kung-Fu.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Looking at the augments, I have to honestly say I am not at all impressed. >_>
          Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

Originally posted by Shirai View Post
            Looking at the augments, I have to honestly say I am not at all impressed. >_>

Really?

+4 STR, +15 WS Accuracy and +10 Accuracy, +5 Attack

That looks ok to me!
            Originally posted by Raydeus

Other than that the only thing I'd like to see is SE changing Homam so RDM can use it, but the chances of that happening are the same as those of me winning the Mog bonanza.

Comment

Moogle gang wars, kupo!

Why aren't there any Mogs in suits with tatoos covering their back? o_O

PS > That head gear isn't that bad for RDM melee, but it's so freaking fugly that it makes the fuglingote look pretty.

Still not buying it though.
              Last edited by Raydeus; 06-29-2009, 06:54 AM.
              sigpic
              "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
              Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Once again the worst appearance items go to medium armour. The mirke looks like ass and they put zero effort into this headpiece either. At least the heavy / light armour headpieces look like a designer gave them more than 2 seconds thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Amberly View Post
                  Really?

+4 STR, +15 WS Accuracy and +10 Accuracy, +5 Attack

That looks ok to me!
                  Nice, but I am mage main >_>
                  Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

Tred moov'd!
                    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Shirai View Post
                      Nice, but I am mage main >_>
                      Cure Potency + Fast Cast? (I dunno much about WHM)
                      Rothy of Valefor Server. MyLittleChocobo Shell Holder Join DiV v2 Today!
                      Jobs: | BLM 90/90 | THF 90/90 | WHM 51/90 | SCH 34/45 | RDM 46/49 | WAR 30/49 | NIN 49/49 | DNC 35/49

Comment

I saw the stats for those head pieces and was severely disappointed. Then I remembered the augments.

Too many options for either my melee or mage jobs.

+15 WS accuracy would be nice for DRG and SAM when its at the level to use it.

Then again BLM head with some combination of INT, M.Acc, M.Att, Fast Cast.

Hmmm, options, options, options.

Comment

The prize would have to be the best head piece available for RNG (and COR, I assume). You get +10 acc and +5 atk with only one augment, then add in +4 str... I'm just not sure I want to be seen wearing the thing. It looks more like a heavy piece than a medium piece.

Comment

So apparently nobody noticed that the Champion's Galea is the Onion Knight's helm and the Selenian Cap is the Magus' hat, both from Final Fantasy III?

I'd say they made the transition perfectly intact, and well done. A great nod to the franchise's history. The augments this time will require a bit more thought, but to be honest, they're pretty well planned out to make you think about how best to make your FF3 hat. Also, remember: you can make this hat work with your ACP body, so that you can have them compliment each other, so keep that in mind when choosing augments.

Me personally, I'm gonna be thinking about what jobs needs a helmet upgrade, or, at the very least, which job would benefit the most out of the choices, and go with that. A strong choice would indeed be the STR+4/WS.Acc+15 and Acc+10/Att+5 augments for melee (pretty damn good macro piece, if you ask me), or you could opt out for a Wal-Mart Turban replacement by going Haste+3%/Snapshot and one of the base attributes/Haste+2%, possibly make a Turban equivalent with STR or DEX instead. Plus, you get to look like an Onion Knight (bonus)!

While other mage jobs might scoff at these augments, as an up-and-coming Scholar, I see quite a few good options here. Additional INT or MND would be handy at times, and the MAB and M.Crit augments look pretty tasty. Scholar doesn't get a whole lot in terms of head gear that's really outstanding (some of the best being its AF hat, Relic hat, and Yigit Turban), so this can really be made to order to the SCH's tastes. One could get a solid INT or MND+6, Fast Cast+2%, and either M.Acc+2 or Cure Potency +3%, depending on if they went INT or MND. Alternatively, you could go with the INT+4/M.Acc+2 and pair it with either the M.Acc, MAB, or M.Crit piece for a damn good Dark Arts piece, while getting other bonuses as a side effect. For Light Arts, you can mix and match between several aguments, such ast MND, Fast Cast, Cure Potency, hMP, or -Enmity.

While it may not be the end-all-be-all of uber for WHM, BLM, or RDM, for a SCH, this piece is pretty damn good, and you'd be a fool to pass it up (unless you had a really good reason, such as having other jobs that could make use of one of the other helms). Plus, you get to look like a Magus (bonus)!
                            Last edited by LilithAngel; 06-29-2009, 09:53 AM. Reason: Between DRG, BLU, COR, PLD, SAM, DNC, and SCH, I'm gonna have a LOT of thinking and planning to do over the next month...

Comment

Originally posted by Cometgreen View Post
                              The prize would have to be the best head piece available for RNG (and COR, I assume). You get +10 acc and +5 atk with only one augment, then add in +4 str... I'm just not sure I want to be seen wearing the thing. It looks more like a heavy piece than a medium piece.
                              No, this is.

Nice augments all around actually. It's too bad you still can't get a good alternative to the W. Turban but oh well.

Once again, the mage and pet buffs are insane. Hi2u Magical Crit +10%

Suddenly Witch's Sash & Wise Strap not looking so lame.
                              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X