Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Year's Greetings! (01/01/2009)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: New Year's Greetings! (01/01/2009)

    Well, if you're aware that it's your own fault for this, even though it doesn't suck any less, just accept the /facepalm situation with good grace instead of unleashing the Five Fingers of the Apocalypse upon SE.


    You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

    I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: New Year's Greetings! (01/01/2009)

      SE deserves all the yelling for not changing something that stupid after all these years. And of course it's common sense not doing that if you are aware of it, but sometimes you simply forget.

      Although I have to admit the -If I can lose a bunch of arrows due to paralyze then everyone else has to lose items like me (because I wont say anything bad about SE, as the paralyze thing makes perfect sense. Since we all know arrows are made of glass.)- really made me laugh.

      So it's not all bad.


      Edit > Oh right... Happy New Year everyone! \(^-^)/


      ... <_<;
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

      その目だれの目。

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: New Year's Greetings! (01/01/2009)

        Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
        SE deserves all the yelling for not changing something that stupid after all these years. And of course it's common sense not doing that if you are aware of it, but sometimes you simply forget.

        Although I have to admit the -If I can lose a bunch of arrows due to paralyze then everyone else has to lose items like me (because I wont say anything bad about SE, as the paralyze thing makes perfect sense. Since we all know arrows are made of glass.)- really made me laugh.
        You really want to bitch about Paralyze, remember when Call Wyvern was a two hour? Yeah, I'd lose Muffin to that shit. Still sucks when its a 20 minute recast, still sucks when it procs on Phantom Roll or Invincible or Manafont. But its intended design, you know, just like you intend to think SE fails at everything.

        Funny thing is, SE's designs aren't getting old as your "SE fail" comments are. SE's improving, you're not.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: New Year's Greetings! (01/01/2009)

          I thought if it procs on 2hr you still keep your 2hr ... at least when I had Bene paralyzed once, I got to try again (three times) to get it to go off. I know with everything else it fucks you over, but not your 2hr.
          sigpic
          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~




          Comment


          • #20
            Re: New Year's Greetings! (01/01/2009)

            Well, I had it proc on the two hour back in the day, perhaps they changed that. If they didn't change it universally and only changed it with the two hours, that just proves even more that its intentional.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: New Year's Greetings! (01/01/2009)

              I've seen someone get para'ed on Mijin, was kinda hilarious actually, he was on vent going, "Damn it! I wanna blow up! NOPE. Damn it! I wanna blow up! NOPE."
              sigpic
              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~




              Comment


              • #22
                Re: New Year's Greetings! (01/01/2009)

                Originally posted by BBQ
                Also, they're using buffalo to reflect "Year of the Ox" from the Zodiac, so its not just them being lazy with planning events. Buffalos most closely resemble the Ox. More specifically, its the Year of the Earth Ox. The Chinese Zodiac overlays five elements (Wood, Metal, Water, Fire, Earth) which overlap the twelve animals of the Zodiac. The last Year of the Earth Ox was in 1949
                Acctually the year of the OX occurs every 12 years just like every other animal related year.

                since 1949 there have been 5 years of the OX

                1961,1973,1985,1997,2009

                I know this because my mother and I are both OX's (1961,1985 respectively)

                sig courtesy tgm
                retired -08

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: New Year's Greetings! (01/01/2009)

                  Originally posted by MrMageo View Post
                  Acctually the year of the OX occurs every 12 years just like every other animal related year.

                  since 1949 there have been 5 years of the OX

                  1961,1973,1985,1997,2009

                  I know this because my mother and I are both OX's (1961,1985 respectively)
                  There's 60 years between the Current Earth Ox and the next, as well as the previous Earth Ox. We cycle through the twelve animals five times and the five elements twelve times in 60 years. If the Earth Ox was 60 years ago, it would time for Earth Ox again by now. All the other types of Ox would have been Cycled through, leading us to another Year of the Earth Ox now.

                  This is basic math at work, coupled with reading comprehension it works great wonders - like preventing an attempted correction from looking like a brain fart.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: New Year's Greetings! (01/01/2009)

                    Originally posted by MrMageo View Post

                    I know this because my mother and I are both OX's (1961,1985 respectively)
                    Well your mother and I are both Metal Oxen! LOL
                    Originally posted by Feba
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    Originally posted by DakAttack
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: New Year's Greetings! (01/01/2009)

                      Metal Ox sounds like a monster in Dragon Quest.

                      A metal ox appears!
                      Eight attacks the metal ox.
                      The metal ox takes 1 point of damage.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: New Year's Greetings! (01/01/2009)

                        Ya we usually run away too.
                        Originally posted by Feba
                        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                        Originally posted by Taskmage
                        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                        Originally posted by DakAttack
                        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: New Year's Greetings! (01/01/2009)

                          Stupid metal slimes... ><
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X