• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Worlds Maintenance (Sep. 16)

FINAL FANTASY XI Official Web Site

Sep. 14, 2008 10:00 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI
    All Worlds Maintenance (Sep. 16)

At the following time, we will be performing FINAL FANTASY XI maintenance on all worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

* The World Transfer Service will be unavailable starting 30 minutes before the maintenance. Please wait until after the maintenance is completed before attempting to use this service.

[Date & Time]
    Sep. 16, 2008 from 10:00 to 12:00 (PDT)
    * Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XI

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Sep. 16)

Squenix:" We have discovered that dark knights equipped with Kraken Clubs using Souleater and Blood Weapon are able to defeat Absolute Virtue. This was not how we intended and creates an inbalance. After this update, souleater will only take effect on two handed weapons.

We thank you for your understanding in this matter and wish you the best of luck in finding the secret to defeating Absolute Virtue."

Comment

The rumor is they're fixing AV. Consider the last week a freebie.

Comment

lol well at least some people have bragging rights for beating with out the wall or locking of the old days.

sig courtesy tgm
        retired -08

Comment

They better not "fix" shields. Someone @ BG put up a screeny of a shield block on Tiamat (critical hit no less) for 0 dmg.
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

This is the part where I mention SE chose precisely the day I'm off work to do their maintenence.

PS > Followed by: I wouldn't be playing the game on my day off at that hour anyway.

PPS > Mal I'm of the idea that it was better back in the day when Shields blocked full dmg, even if the proc rate wasn't good.
            sigpic
            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

This is the part where I also mention it falls on my day off.

Also followed by: I probably won't even be up by then as I intend to sleep in very late to make up for lost sleep on 12 hour shifts.

Then followed by: I had planned to work on my crafting on LotRO anyway mostly this week.

lolAV fixes.
              "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

Comment

We should start a club.

By the way is LotR good? I've been really bored of XI lately, so my patience for enduring time sink after time sink has gone down to zero.

Heck I got grumpy just having to backtrack from my home point in Sandy (Present) all the way to G. Citadel [S] just a few mins ago so, I just couldn't bare to play anymore and logged out.

And I certainly don't have the patience to lvl blm just for retrace.
                sigpic
                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I always have terrible luck with maintenance so I don't even bother. At least I'm only missing a Prommy run that we probably would have lost anyway. Sucks to be the people who have days off
                  Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                  Reiko Takahashi
                  - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                  Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

By the way is LotR good?
                    Do they have catgirls? Do they have foxgirls? I think NOT!!!

And I hear that SE is going to nerf Dynamis drops to compensate for more people starting Dynamis with the lower entry costs.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Do they have catgirls? Do they have foxgirls? I think NOT!!!
                      What foxgirls?

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                        What foxgirls?
                        Vanguard has foxgirls.

Comment

*Buys Vanguard*
                          Last edited by Lmnop; 09-16-2008, 08:13 AM. Reason: But not really. I still can't get over the beard that Shikaree Z has.
                          "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                            By the way is LotR good?
                            Much less unforgiving/timesink-ish... except for Epic Book 13. I swear someone got a XI-bone in them when they devised that one. Entirely too much running around from one side of this huge ass zone to another, where the only fast travel horse available to help is only available after doing some random quest.

It's more casual friendly. Has a lovely storyline, nice graphics, and it's fun to play. I've heard some people here moan about hitting buttons to do your attacks, but I don't see any difference between that and what I do on my summoner anyway. Just loads of macros. R/L1, X, R/L2, X. Rinse and repeat. Still plenty of 'strategy' and 'skill' (what little can be said for any game) to be needed. Still idiots who can't play, and those who shine.

I like both, but when I get annoyed as piss at XI, I go to LotR to relax.
                            "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

Comment

took me long enough to move this one to the right place... completely missed it / forgot
                              signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Working...
                              X