Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustments to Einherjar (06/02/2008)

Adjustments to Einherjar (06/02/2008)
    The next version update will contain a number of changes to the Einherjar venue.

Click here to view all the details.

The next version update will contain a number of changes to the Einherjar venue.

A recent increase in the number of player suggestions and concerns received regarding Einherjar has led the development and operations teams to reconsider a number of that system's features.

Particularly, many players are of the opinion that the efforts demanded by Einherjar yield too little return, that the structure of layered challenges makes it difficult to introduce new members midway into a progressing group, and that players who may miss out on even a single chamber may find themselves unable to participate in subsequent runs with their group. All of this constructive feedback has led to a series of changes whose implementation will begin in the next version update.

Ampoules of Therion Ichor
    Until now, the acquisition of ampoules of therion ichor has been contingent upon successful clearing of an entire chamber. However, this will no longer be the case. Instead, regardless of whether the chamber is cleared or not, players will receive ampoules in proportion to the total number of monsters they have slain. In addition, the amount of ampoules available per chamber will be increased. Defeating the final bosses, the so-called Guardians of Asgarth, will not yield additional ampoules.

Entry into Wings
    Entry into all wings of Einherjar will be made less demanding for the majority of participants. The organizing player who obtains the Smouldering Lamp and reserves an Einherjar chamber will still need to fulfill all of the same requirements as before. All other players, however, will now be able to enter any of the chambers in Wings I, II, and III regardless of previous clears or valkyrie feathers in their possession.

Entry into Valgrind
    At present, entry into Valgrind, the most remote chamber in the Hazhalm Testing Grounds, requires that all participants have cleared all chambers in Wings I, II, and III, and have the appropriate key item in their possession.
    This requirement of clearing all nine wings will now apply only to the player making the reservation for Odin's Chamber. All other participating members now need only have cleared one chamber from each wing, and thus be in possession of a total of at least three valkyrie feathers.
    Entry into Valgrind will still result in the loss of any and all related key items in all player inventories.

Rewards
    Though we are still looking into ways to increase compensation and rewards, players can expect to see a number of new items added to the Einherjar lineup. More detailed information regarding how to obtain these new items will be released in the Topics post on the day of the version update!

Re: Adjustments to Einherjar (06/02/2008)

damn i got beaten ; ; to this
    Last edited by Sevv; 06-02-2008, 03:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Well, I'm glad they're making Einherjar a lot more accessible. Now maybe more people will give it a try and we'll be seeing more of the stuff from there make its way out into the world, cuz as it stands, I've heard a lot of people on both Kujata and Cerberus say that it's a waste of time atm.

Valkyrie's Fork and Hofud all of a sudden became a lot more of a possible reality than before.

Comment

yeH I just started doing runs on this last week or so ago. there hell'a fun, Got raped by the big bufflo boss with the chiego's for pet.

Comment

The madrid has the chigoes, buffalo does the knock back
          [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Great that they're updating it, but ever since I got my new job, I missed out on Einherjar since I work weeknights. ; ;

Originally posted by FFXI's view on other MMORPGs
            'Start learning boy, no you don't get a tutorial, this is man's country! Tutorial's are for little sissy babies who need their mommies! Now, are you a sissy baby or a man?"
            Dymlos
            Bahamut server
            Lv 75 Ranger Lv 75 Samurai

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if the new items in question were used to upgrade the Nyzul relics. However, as it is now, I only know of maybe one or two Einherjar shells on Fairy. I've always wanted to try Einherjar, and now it seems I'll have more incentive to do so. Now I just need to get my ass in gear and get PLD and BLU to 75.

Comment

Never participated in this, but I appreciate new content, so woo, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Illuen View Post
                  Particularly, many players are of the opinion that the efforts demanded by Einherjar yield too little return
                  Wow, that statement could be for a lot of endgame content.

Comment

Cool stuff.

If they're considering adding things to Einherjar, allow me to nominate all abjurations and EX items that drop from a "claim competition" HNM (well, maybe not BB items, which are already obtainable in KS99). If some people want to stand around for hours spamming claim macros (or bringing claimbots), that's their business, but that should never be the ONLY way to get any item. (If only for the simple reason that more people doing that content won't actually get any more of the item, unlike all other endgame content. IOW the supply doesn't respond to the demand.) SE already recognized this with regard to the BB items and abjs that already drop in Einherjar, so why not extend it?

This need not apply to non-EX items since they can be bought from the campers, and some already appear as possible loot in KS99 or other contexts (although it still wouldn't hurt). Actually, some people buy the EX drops too, but that's not so legitimate... and giving people an attainable way of getting those items themselves would discourage it, as well as make the content that has them more attractive.

At least, I can guarantee you *I* wouldn't call the rewards of Einherjar inadequate if they included Algol, Aegishjalmr, Hrotti, Ridill, D-Ring, Hauteclaire, Seveneyes, Ace's Helm, etc., even as quite rare drops. (I doubt anyone would care much about Sipar, Andvaranauts, Reviler's Helm or Mercurial Pole, but what the hell.)
                    Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                    RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                    All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                      Never participated in this, but I appreciate new content, so woo, I guess.
                      You're always apathetic about stuff, aren't you?

But, yes, in this particular case, I guess I would have to join the Apathetic Tarutaru Group, as well.
                      Originally posted by Armando
                      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                      Originally posted by Armando
                      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                      Originally posted by Taskmage
                      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                      Originally posted by Taskmage
                      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                      Matthew 16:15

Comment

Of course I'm not. But as I said, I've never participated in this event, so an update to it, while interesting from a new content perspective, is not really relevant to me directly.

Comment

Well this makes me happy, because my sea LS was supposed to start it months ago and kept pushing it back. Now there's no excuse.

I want a Morgana's Choker so badly.
                          sigpic
                          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

I want a Pony. Unfortunately, SE has stopped responding to my suggestions ever since I sent them that idea for an HNM that looks like a steam shovel and crunches things in it's cold iron maw. It even came with a Santa hat for the holidays.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X