No announcement yet.

The Myriad Arms of Balrahn (02/05/2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Myriad Arms of Balrahn (02/05/2008)

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
    Yes. There are.
    No, there isn't. You can't justify over a year of worth and hundreds of millions of gil to obtain one fucking item in a GAME. Most of them aren't even that game-breaking compared to other weapons that are more easily availaible! *cough* Ridill* *cough* *Destroyers* *cough* *Kraken Club* *cough* *Rune Chopper* *cough* shall I go on? Never mind Hagun and Eurytos...

I actually don't want Bahamut because I'm not at all happy with how SE changed him from his well-established non-elemental (and there ARE non-elemental magic attacks in the game) Mega and Giga Flares to Fire Element.

I mean that was the whole point of him; he dealt massive damage that ignored resists/magic defense, and now they can be resisted. Cool as he is, I really don't care for that rather drastic change in a well-established and beloved icon of the series. As for Phoenix, bring on the Rebirth Flame! Oh man that'll be just evil in Campaign; AoE R3 + Fire Damage!
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
      No, there isn't. You can't justify over a year of worth and hundreds of millions of gil to obtain one fucking item in a GAME. Most of them aren't even that game-breaking compared to other weapons that are more easily availaible! *cough* Ridill* *cough* *Destroyers* *cough* *Kraken Club* *cough* *Rune Chopper* *cough* shall I go on? Never mind Hagun and Eurytos...
      Though I can't speak for the knuckles and the Gkatana, I do know that the Apoc *blows away* the Rune Chopper, the Ridill can't be used by the jobs that get Exca, but even then isn't as good imo, the K club is *only* good once every 2 hours for 30 seconds and the ability to [b]self Skillchain Light[/i] with the Relic bow is pretty damn impressive. Not to mention the Relic Shield allowing for 300+ dmg Shield Bashes, the Relic Horn increasing *every* song dramatically while allowing a third song to be stacked on and the Mandau *totally dominating* every other dagger in game by a wide wide margin.

So yes, they ARE justified as being so hard to get. And just because you can't get one doesn't change that fact.
      "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

the K club is *only* good once every 2 hours for 30 seconds
        Or a good DD whm/nin to off hand with a perdu wand, morgestron, relic, new relic or one of the pirate clubs main hand would be effective use of it ;3
        Sadly I have none of the mentioned ;;
        Time to spam assults and merit for perdu! T_T
        Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

the K club is *only* good once every 2 hours for 30 seconds
          Or for every Slugwinder. Which would happem much more often than Blood Weapon. K Club is a lot better than just for being DRK's one-trick pony at endgame.

Comment

song dramatically while allowing a third song to be stacked on
            Proof of this? This is the first I've heard of that. And Blau Doch is still pretty damned good by comparison in terms of the effort put in, as are Hagun/Soboro vs Amano, and E-Bow vs Eurytos and even Hellfire(+1)/ Culverin(+1) to the annihilator.

They're pretty powerful weapons to be sure, but a lot of them don't dominate the way they ought to to justify the hard work (Excluding of course the Apoaclypse, Aegis and Gjallar Horn). Think about how silly it sounds to spend well over a freaking year, assuming you do Dynamis every 3 days and hundreds of millions of gil on one item. You don't see anything wrong with that? Most players don't even have an honest chance at it, only the super rich do which is probably the one thing that pisses me off most; I hate the damned money barrier. "RICH PPLZ ONRY!!! GTFO N00BZ!" is not the kind of attitude I appreciate coming from SE.

How about "If you really want this, keep working at it for several months and you might just get it." as opposed to throwing one's game/social life away for the prospects of an all-powerful item.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
              Or for every Slugwinder. Which would happem much more often than Blood Weapon. K Club is a lot better than just for being DRK's one-trick pony at endgame.
              My apologies, so it's a four trick pony (Drk, Rng, Cor, Whm/nin?)

How about "If you really want this, keep working at it for several months and you might just get it." as opposed to throwing one's game/social life away for the prospects of an all-powerful item.
              Ya know, if you keep working at it for several months, you can make all the money you need too.

The only limiting factors in getting one of these items is the time and effort you put into getting it. All those weapons you mentioned are good, and many of them are pretty damn expensive. But the relics are better then the best and show that in their price tag.
              "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

My apologies, so it's a four trick pony (Drk, Rng, Cor, Whm/nin?)
                ToA/WotG jobs cannot use KC.

Ya know, if you keep working at it for several months, you can make all the money you need too.
                If you read this again, perhaps several times in your case since you clearly support it, you'll eventyally realize how crazy the statement is. Do you know how much time is wasted on Northlands Dynamis for people who never complete relics? And do you realize just how much more a linkshell could benefit if they just rotated cities and geared for everyone instead?

While the restrictions of Dynamis are understandable given the design and its understandable they want this all to be rare stuff, don't you think that getting your ultimate weapon should be done by doing something a little more epic than grinding in Dynamis for years or farming several months for the gil to fund them?

Couldn't it have just been incredibly difficult quests would could do with your friends instead of needing an LS to spam Northlands?

Comment

The point of RELICS is that not every one would have them.

How hard is that to understand?

They're a very powerful reward for those who DO want to "waste the time" getting them.

They're not "your" ultimate weapons, they're super rare, pain in the ass, highly powerful weapons that very few people will obtain. These aren't like the CoP rings or the ToAU Crown or some such thing, these are supposed to be rare and the only way to do that is to A) Make them drop off an unbeatable monster (AV) or B) make the gil and time requirements so absurd most people quit before they even begin.

You *do* work for relics, more so then any other item in this game. And that's the point. SE does not want anyone and everyone to be able to obtain them and that's why Dynamis drops are still so crappy.

And the Nyzul weapons will not be as strong as the old Relics, I can pretty much gaurentee that. And if they even come close to being on equal terms as them, SE is sure to boost the original relics in some way.

Comment

Here's how I see it as, and of course my opinion may change depending how Nyzul Relics are. Nyzul Relics are for those people who want a relic weapon, but are unable to obtain them for various reasons, so hench, it's another 'omgthisweaponisshawt' option for the player.

Even though I'm annoyed that they didn't give RNGs two Relics (Bow/Xbow).

Originally posted by FFXI's view on other MMORPGs
                    'Start learning boy, no you don't get a tutorial, this is man's country! Tutorial's are for little sissy babies who need their mommies! Now, are you a sissy baby or a man?"
                    Dymlos
                    Bahamut server
                    Lv 75 Ranger Lv 75 Samurai

Comment

No, I believe the point was to give players an epic challenge with an equally epic reward.

Unfortunately as BBQ pointed out, it just ended up being an epic grind-fest that will run you enough gil to take every job to 75 in a month.
                      sigpic

Comment

SE accepts suggestions/requests from players or atleast they seem to. Have you made yours? giving them your alternative?
                        signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

No, since they claim any and all ideas as their own so they can kiss my ass.

Though I'm making an exception for the next fan fest.
                          sigpic

Comment

You could share them with us though lol.
                            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Nagi looks like a cool weapon and you could be fooled in to expecting it to be wielded similar to a kusarigama. Then you realise they have to fit it around current ninja wielding animations and you end up with this monstrosity.

Comment

No, since they claim any and all ideas as their own so they can kiss my ass.

Though I'm making an exception for the next fan fest.
                                Don't forget how they ignore everyone's suggestions except JPs! :p

Originally posted by FFXI's view on other MMORPGs
                                'Start learning boy, no you don't get a tutorial, this is man's country! Tutorial's are for little sissy babies who need their mommies! Now, are you a sissy baby or a man?"
                                Dymlos
                                Bahamut server
                                Lv 75 Ranger Lv 75 Samurai

Comment

Working...
                                X