Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 - (01/30/2008) Valentione's Day Fast Approaches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 - (01/30/2008) Valentione's Day Fast Approaches!

Attention, all adventurers! The time has come to spill your guts to that person closest to your heart! That's right. Valentione's Day cometh, kupo!
    As in past years, the Mog House Management Union is planning to hold the traditional chocolate exchanging event for the enamored youth of all nations. And it goes without saying that we'd like the help of all you intrepid adventurers out there, kupo! Hm? You're a young'un too, you say? Well, in that case, couple up and get it done, kupo!

Illustration by Mitsuhiro Arita

Master!? Why are you all balled up in the corner there? Have you been crying, kupo?
    ...kupo? What's that? You envy us Moogles for being so giving and unselfish? And you find you can't sleep at night when you think of the fast-approaching Valentione's Day? I'm not quite sure I follow, kupo. Is it because you're nervous? Or......lonely?
    L-leave it to me, kupo! Moogle is going to make it all better. Moogle is going to make the hurt go away. I've been out asking Vana'diel's adventurers all about the upcoming Valentione's Day, and I've amassed some pretty enthusiastic responses. Give us a listen, kupo!
    Alright, Master! First, just hear what some fellow Vana'diellers have to say, kupo! And remember, I'm pulling for you, Master! May it be a truly memorable Valentione's Day for you, whether it be as sweet as heart chocolate, or as bitter as Goblin chocolate!
    Ms. L (Hume, female) Diabolos

I'm farming crawler cocoons. My betrothed gave me the most beautiful ring before we unexpectedly...parted ways. So in return I'm going to make him a swanky silk robe. I'm planning to give it to him on Valentione's Day, at the exact spot where we first met.
    Despite my pleas to the contrary, I know in my heart of hearts that he probably won't come. But he is the only one out there for me...
    Ms. J (Elvaan, female) Remora

People always seem to get the wrong idea. We're just friends! Sure, he's a nice guy, but... Well, he's a grrreat paladin, and we all know how hard those are to find. I just feel so...safe. You know, when I'm in a party with him. Like just a few days ago, he rescued me from a rrreally sticky situation. I figure the least I can do to show my appreciation is give him a couple of chocolates on Valentione's Day...
    What? Seriously, it doesn't go any farrrther than that. What!?Stop it! No seriously, stop it.
    Mr. H (Tarutaru, male) Shiva

When Valentione's Day finally gets here, I'm supposed to deliver some message this G.G. guy in my linkshell gave me to some girl. Where'd I put that thing, anyway...? Ah, here it is. To "S." it says. Apparently her name starts with an "S." G.G. is a junk food addictaru, always raiding the Auction House for cookie-wookies. So one day he checks the auction history and finds out that it's this "S." who has been whipping up all the cookies he loves. He says he has seen her around town a few times, but can't bring himself to talk to her...
    Oh, and here we go—this is rich. "I want to eat your cookies." Sounds like he's just hungry... Not the most articulataru guy in the linkshell, but what can you do, right? That's love for you.
    Still, all the hype has even gotten me nervous. I'm palpi-walpitating.
    Ms. M (Mithra) Valefor

Even now, I can rrremember it like it was yesterday... Joshing with each other as we stumbled our way around Jeuno. Chasing one another around the Altepa Desert on our chocobos. Going crrrazy on the beaches of Bibiki Bay under a firework-filled sky. Whenever I look back, it seems C. was always at my side...
    And we squandered it all, went our separate ways over a childish rrrivalry. Now there's another girl by his side, laughing with him. Like they say, you don't know what you got till it's gone...
    But it's almost Valentione's Day, and love is in the air. So I've made up my mind. If I'm ever lucky enough to be visited by love again, I won't let it get away.
    Mr. K (Galka) Gilgamesh

One Valentione's Day, I...I just couldn't do it. I tried to work up the nerve on more than one occasion, but to no avail. I let her get away without ever telling her how I felt.... So I threw myself into a rampage of blood, sweat, and honor, destroying any enemy who dared stand before me in Assault, Pankration, and any other venue of battle I could find! But I've come to the painful realization that I cannot escape this perpetual longing, no matter how much I kill...
    So that's it! No more! I shall turn this pining into raw bravery! And this Valentione's Day I will tell her how I feel, whether she likes it or not!
    Event Schedule

Monday, February 4th, 2008 at 0:00am – Friday, February 15th, 2008 at 0:00am
    Moogle Locations=

Throughout the event, Moogles can be found at any of the locations listed below. Players can ascertain information regarding the Valentione's Day event by speaking to these Moogles.

EDIT:

NVM, just saw the other one that was posted

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Re: 2007 - (01/30/2008) Valentione's Day Fast Approaches!

Oh great depression day is approaching, time to buy some flowers for you partner to proove you love her/him (even thought hey know you do) and the moths from the wallet have to vacate while you take them to an expensive restaurant, yes folks Valentinos day in the game is approaching and depression day in real life.

Jarreouge

Comment

/sulk

Time for the lonely ones to swap to drk or blm and hide in the shadows

that and beating away horney tarus with sticks lest your leg gets humped 100x over

Comment

Why does the Elvaan F roll her r's like a mithra? >.>
        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

She's a furry, obviously.

Comment

Man I'm probably going to have to drop money on g/f both in game and out...

On the upside, Imma get some booty!

Comment

On the upside, Imma get some booty!
              Would that be pirate booty by anychance?

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

I'd have posted this a while ago with my awesome l337 Japanese time warp ability, but I'm actually rather against this "holiday", so I said no.

Not having a g/f for, oh, about a good 25-28 years kinda makes it difficult to see this as anything other than just another Thursday.

Comment

This is one event I've never participated in, maybe now that I've actually got someone I'd like to share it with, I will.
                  sigpic
                  ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                  ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                  ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                  ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

I wish I could give my RL GF an in-game gift! Ur lucky IMHO... (She won't touch this game with a ten foot pole, or me when I'm on it.)
                    Current Server: Asura
                    Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
                    Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
                    Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
                    Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
                    Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
                      Why does the Elvaan F roll her r's like a mithra? >.>
                      Because the Wiki messed up, she doesn't do it on the original SE page
                      "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Looking forward to this, its mine and my boyfriends first event back in the game so it should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                          Because the Wiki messed up, she doesn't do it on the original SE page
                          She did when it was first posted (I saw it with my own eyes!). They must've fixed it.

(Wiki would've just copy and pasted; they'd have no reason to type this by hand and add inexplicable rrrs.)
                          Ellipses on Fenrir
                          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                          . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses View Post
                            She did when it was first posted (I saw it with my own eyes!). They must've fixed it.

(Wiki would've just copy and pasted; they'd have no reason to type this by hand and add inexplicable rrrs.)
                            Or maybe that's just what the want you to think!

>.>

<.<

Add: I was going to fix my typo, but instead I'm going to go ahead and take this opportunity to say this:

Fuck you, Y button. You've failed me for the last time.

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
                              Fuck you, Y button. You've failed me for the last time.
                              That made me giggle like a schoolgirl.
                              sigpic
                              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Working...
                              X