Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Worlds Emergency Maintenance (Nov. 20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Worlds Emergency Maintenance (Nov. 20)

Because of this:

Current Known Issues (Nov. 20)

Since the implementation of the latest version update on Nov. 19, 2007, we have confirmed the following issues. Investigation and recovery work is currently underway.

- Effect of Reraise wears off when a player is KO'd in level-restricted areas.

- FINAL FANTASY XI may slow down when USB keyboard or USB mouse is connected(Windows only).

We apologize for the inconvenience.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/pol...ews11914.shtml

we are getting this

At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on all Worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

Maintenance operations will delete any reservations for Pankration matches. Players who are scheduled to participate in Pankration matches, those who will enter Assault, Salvage or Einherjar areas, or those who will participate in Dynamis or Limbus at the time of the maintenance, we ask that you please wait until maintenance is complete before engaging in these activities. Please note that we cannot replace items that are lost during the maintenance process.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

* The World Transfer Service will be unavailable starting 30 minutes before the maintenance. Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign will also become unavailable once the maintenance begins. Please wait until after the maintenance is completed before attempting to use these services.

[Date & Time]
    Nov. 20, 2007 from 9:00 to 11:00 (PST)
    * Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XI

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/pol...ews11925.shtml

Hope it helps -.-
    sigpic
    Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Re: All Worlds Emergency Maintenance (Nov. 20)

Hopefully that fixes the problem for those who are having the USB issues
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Its not just any USB keyboard...its actually any Logitech USB keyboard and mouse. Spoke with a pol CSR over chat and said i should possibly find another mouse and keyboard with the PS2 connectors or not play. I don't have PS2 connectors on my motherboard so thats out of the question...

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

I'm not having any issues with usb. I'm using a Logitech Keyboard G15. It doesn't affect that one then? My mouse is usb Microsoft mouse...
        Hacked on 9/9/09
        FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

And I was having issues with my BTC keyboard before I disabled HID stuff. Mouse is Logitech, but it's on a P/S2 port and wasn't a factor. It's "certain" USB hardware. Logitech or not.
          Ellipses on Fenrir
          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
          . . .

Comment

Not just usb I use wireless, I'm lagging like mad even though connection is great died 3 times already because of it will SE give my blm and bst back the exp... no.Even though there only losing lvl8 and lvl 11 exp its so annoying when you lvl up die delevel lvl up die delvl all cause of lag ><
            Mouse is shagged up too in windower try too max a page it minimises or closes ect. game was good the way it was why dear god why?
            Last edited by Kurb; 11-20-2007, 07:03 AM. Reason: made a balls of it

It ain't tanking unless you get hit
            To those who are about to tank I salute you.

Comment

I have a logitech mouse, I would really like to figure out what is wrong with the game before the patch comes out, because at the current rate of lag, I'm not gonna spend any more money on the game. You can't do anything when you play at half speed.

Bah SE.

Comment

I'm glad it wasn't just me. I haven't had much time to log on, but I gave the game a shot for a few minutes after updating all night, and I grew impatient with things before even getting out of my moghouse.

Comment

I'm honestly soooo glad for these forums when they they always take their time up to warn us about maintenance and game issues and such. It helps when I can so easily find the correct topic to post in too. (instead of making the mistake of starting my own)

But anyway.....

I do feel a little peeved to know that I am going to have to update my game... YET AGAIN, (due to some issues with USB kyboards/mice and other things) when I have only just finished updating from the WoTG update about 2-3 days ago.
                  So ultimately, I felt I was all ready to go in there, get some stuff done, (crafting, levelling and quests e.t.c) then suddenly..... WHAM!! Maintenance yet again!!

I don't really understand what kind of issues this USB thing has been causing with logitech hardware to be honest. I'm using a logitech PS2 gaming keyboard for use with FFXl, (and use USB leads or connectors to connect to my PC) and have been doing for a while now.

The only problem I can truly admit to with it, is that everytime I logged into the game, my character would continously move around none stop, even when I didn't want it to, so it would make trying to stop when opening a door or speaking to an ingame NPC somewhat awkward for me. However, this didn't really last for too long, and would always ware off after a while of gameplay. To be honest though, I'm not really sure if this has anything to do with these USB issues here or not, and my keyboard isn't exactly new or an up to date one anyway, so this minor problem I have, could just be a technicality of my keyboard or maybe the controls are wearing down a bit maybe, and may not have anything to do with the USB issues being reported here.

I guess I will only find out after maintenance when I can get to log back in again.

Btw - the maintenance times are only shown for countries under PST.
                  I don't really know which countries use this setting. Why isn't there times shown for GMT? (my time setting) Because of this, I don't really know how long maintenance is going to be, and when it started and finishes.
                  This confuses me a bit.
                  Last edited by Snowball; 11-20-2007, 10:46 AM.
                  (\ /)
                  ( . .)
                  C('')('')

Comment

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
                    Btw - the maintenance times are only shown for countries under PST.
                    I don't really know which countries use this setting. Why isn't there times shown for GMT? (my time setting) Because of this, I don't really know how long maintenance is going to be, and when it started and finishes.
                    This confuses me a bit.
                    Maintenance is over now. If you check the PlayOnline site for Europe, they give times in GMT. Or you can just add 8 hours to PST.
                    Ellipses on Fenrir
                    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                    . . .

Comment

Or add 3 to EST, which is what I do.
                      The Tao of Ren
                      FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                      Originally posted by Kaeko
                      As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
                        Or add 3 to EST, which is what I do.
                        ... Which would be wrong. EST is UTC-5.
                        Wii Number - 2810 2423 4673 3261 - Please PM me if you add me!
                        How to ask smart questions: catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Boom! (On SCH75/RDM)

Comment

Whoops. I meant that EST was 3 hours ahead of PST.

/noob

; ;
                          The Tao of Ren
                          FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                          Originally posted by Kaeko
                          As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishmaster3K

/noob

; ;
                            (/comfort)
                            Hacked on 9/9/09
                            FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post

/noob

; ;
                              /slap

No just kidding. I used to make that mistake as well. EST is GMT-5, so PST would be GMT-8. So for all the kiddies out there that don't do time zones very well, if the time is listed as PST and you live in a GMT zone, add 8 hours to the number(s).

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                              ------
                              Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                              When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Working...
                              X