Feast of Swords (04/20/2007)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feast of Swords (04/20/2007)

The Feast of Swords is a Far Eastern festival in which town residents celebrate their sons' healthy growth by dressing them in traditional armor to participate in mock battles, and raising banners in the shape of enormous fish.
    Starting at 01:00 PST on April 27, the Feast of Swords is once again coming to Vana'diel. And once again, nothing the Moogles plan ever seems to go smoothly... Adventurers, be ready to brandish your Kupelcian-designed wooden katana, and help save the day!

Further details regarding the festival will be released on the day of the event.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

Re: Feast of Swords (04/20/2007)

Yay!
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I have always enjoyed beating a taru in the head with a stick.
      Thanks Kazuki.
      Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Originally posted by Skoal View Post
        I have always enjoyed beating a taru in the head with a stick.
        Taru's prolly love this too...they like beating Galka's groins....

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

I don't really care for this event. I haven't seen any reward that I really wanted from it and I always die - even though you're capped at one it's still just a royal pain in the ass. Not really worth it IMO.

Maybe if they gave some cool rewards like the city eggs or the city pumpkins for other events I'd be more into it but otherwise ... no.
          sigpic
          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Is this the one where the Nomad Moogle would cast a spell on you to hasten your speed, then you would run around looking for a Samurai to beat with a wooden stick?

I agree with the previous poster. The rewards were minimal, and it hurt my ego to consistently lose to that over-powered Mithra Samurai.

I just used this event to do supply runs for my country in the same area. I could run back and forth in Sarutabaruta delivering supplies in no time flat with the Nomad Moogle's spell on me.

Comment

ZOMG!

Is that on the pic a Shinai at last? If so I'm so gonna do the quest for it.
              sigpic
              "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
              Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I did this event last year and obtained a Kingdom Stables Collar (instant warp to Sand'Oria Chocobo Stables) and the Republic Stables Collar (instant warp to Bastok Chocobo Stables) 10 uses each, i believe.

These prizes at the time, and still are, in my opinion, awesome and oh-so-handy for those times I have to be in one of those cities, like yesterday >.> (ie. omgiforgotwehavedynamisrightnowgogogogogogogo *instant warp to bastok*)

The other less exciting prizes were the coloured drops which gave some sort of effect, like stat boost or something (ie. +5 STR etc) if I remember rightly, although I may be wrong.

I really only found this event fun when I did it with friends, and despite it's repeativeness (eek is that a word?) with friend's it was really fun. I did it for a while and then got a bit bored, until I got one of the good prizes finally, after which I thought it was worth doing over and over to get another one.

Of course its personal choice but I thought it was a lot of fun and worth the time!

http:// cerberusatemycookies.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Malevolent View Post
                  Taru's prolly love this too...they like beating Galka's groins....
                  I prefer headbutting.

Comment

Yay! Another event I missed when FFXI-less, that now I can finally do! Beating things with a wooden sword sounds like fun!
                    Originally posted by Yygdrasil
                    Originally posted by Nandito
                    Ponies.

Duh.
                    You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

I hope the wooden G. Katana looks like the one the galkas using in the pic...i'd just start the event just for the g.katana

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

Kupelcian? Wouldn't that be Kupolcian?

Comment

I hope this event is like the first one, with he wooden and hardwood katanas? Not the same rewards, but the same rewards system, where you get more prises based on how many people you beat up. Not hte random drop way, that was to fusterating.
                          Originally posted by Ellipses
                          Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                          Originally posted by MCLV
                          A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                          More Sig:

Comment

I just want to use this event to get my mule, Corndog, the title "Hot Dog" from bastok, then run her back to jeuno. So yay for this event. >_>
                            Generic Info!

Comment

Working...
                            X