Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mar. 8, 2007 (JST) Update Details

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: Mar. 8, 2007 (JST) Update Details



    Just finished my first run, and first of the server's about 5 mins ago, link takes you to what info i gotten off of it
    Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi


    Comment


    • #62
      Re: Mar. 8, 2007 (JST) Update Details

      Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
      For the next week or so I figure O. Kotes prices will skyrocket
      Yep, and I just started leveling SAM, too. Yay.
      I bet Ebow does too, and I still need one. Maybe it'll drop from the new assaults and I'll get hella-lucky.
      I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

      PSN: Caspian

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: Mar. 8, 2007 (JST) Update Details

        Well, I'm still trying to get on, but talking to a friend about Sozu. Four people in his LS have popped him, and all 4 have gotten the drop. I'm sure this will be fixed soon, but if you have a THF, or plan on having a THF, then this might be the time to get your THF's knife.
        I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

        PSN: Caspian

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: Mar. 8, 2007 (JST) Update Details

          I'm just getting onto SAM too (31 as of last night)

          You sure it'll sky rocket? I'm not sure if I want to hold onto it, or sell it if it jumps another hundred thousand or so...

          I got mine fairly cheap relative to current prices (1.18 Mil vs the trend of 1.2-1.3)


          EDIT: DEAR GOD REALLY? > - > ME WANT THF KNIFE!
          sigpic


          "BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: Mar. 8, 2007 (JST) Update Details

            Well, both Emp pin and Lizzy boots jumped quite a bit when they were moved to bcnm's. It'll probably jump some to begin with, what happens after that depends on the drop rate in the new method (guessing that its the new assaults). The camps for the new r/ex items will probably be pretty hammered for the next few weeks too, as everyone tries to get the drop. It will probably eventually slow down, much the same way its slowed down in the last year or so at the spots for VE and LL.
            I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

            PSN: Caspian

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: Mar. 8, 2007 (JST) Update Details

              what is the pop item for sozuo rogueberry? anyone know yet? Gonna help a friend get it while he can.

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: Mar. 8, 2007 (JST) Update Details

                flickering lantern
                persuers and stabbers drop them
                I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

                PSN: Caspian

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: Mar. 8, 2007 (JST) Update Details

                  anyone else notice the flying horse in the first picture up there beside the castle that the puppetmaster girl is looking at. could ixion be in aht urghan?

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: Mar. 8, 2007 (JST) Update Details

                    I'm sure that's Odin charging at Alexander.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: Mar. 8, 2007 (JST) Update Details

                      It's Odin's horse. Or rather the "Dark Rider's" horse. With Odin on the horse.
                      I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

                      PSN: Caspian

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: Mar. 8, 2007 (JST) Update Details

                        The name of Odin's steed is Sleipnir, an eight-legged horse in Norse mythology.

                        Ixion was a mythological Greek king, but we know how the FF series has a propensity for shaking things up.

                        However, given that this incarnation is currently reffered to as the "Dark Rider," and his steed is decidedly quadripedal, it's anyone's guess what it's name will be.

                        Oh, and Wikipedia for the win, by the way.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: Mar. 8, 2007 (JST) Update Details

                          O.o wow major fix to major problems, I'm glad SE finally dealt with these issues. This almost makes me want to come back to FFXI but I'l be holding out till they fix bst.


                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: Mar. 8, 2007 (JST) Update Details

                            Originally posted by Caspian View Post
                            Well, I'm still trying to get on, but talking to a friend about Sozu. Four people in his LS have popped him, and all 4 have gotten the drop. I'm sure this will be fixed soon, but if you have a THF, or plan on having a THF, then this might be the time to get your THF's knife.
                            Hopefully, it is meant to be this way. The increase to TH of the knife is so minimal its pathetic. TH is crap as it is. We have some people who make a virtual living off camping this and selling it. Price yesterday: 7 - 14 million gil. So, now Thieves can get an item that will give them a minimal increase in TH without camping for months or shelling over a ton of gil to someone who has the hours on end to camp a mob with a horrible drop rate (find a new career Cowcow). BTW, having a TK doesn't mean you are any more skilled at being a Thief (since many of us have made multiple claims with no drop). It means you are luckier since nothing you can do skill-wise will make the knife drop.

                            Yeah, it sucks if you camped it for months but I went through CoP with the experience loss and I'm just happy for those that don't have to deal with the experience loss on top of the challenge. Loosing exp didn't make me anymore 1337. S/E didn't make the mobs any easier. People will still give up on CoP out of frustration with some of the missions.

                            In a lot of situations, the only thing Thief brings to the table (if hate control isn't an issue) is TH and, at that, it's barely noticeable. Go to Sky as THF sometime. You pretty much get rotated in just to make sure there is TH present when the mob dies. Why? Because THF damage on gods is horrid.

                            Anyway, I'm tired. I've been trying to get the drop for Sozu's pop since 2 a.m. And, speaking of crap TH, with 2 other Thieves we killed a ton of Pursuers with no pop item dropping. So, it's about time S/E did something to give a little boost to the only other thing THF's can do besides hate control.
                            Randwolf - Tarutaru
                            Windurst Rank 10
                            75MNK/37WAR
                            75THF/75BLU/45NIN/37RNG
                            15BRD/13WHM/12BLM
                            14PLD,10DRG,10SMN,9BST,8RDM,8DRK,8SAM
                            1PUP/1COR
                            Goldsmith 53, Blacksmith 39, Alchemy 51
                            World - Sylph

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Re: Mar. 8, 2007 (JST) Update Details

                              i wish we never had this update, yesterday 7 hour maintance so i couldn't play and now a 10 hour update, it stupid so i cant play today
                              "Death shall seek you out, If death fails, I promise you, i wont." ~ Srxjo (me)
                              "My lips are stained scarlet red from my blood" ~Srxjo (me)
                              "The greatest pain in this world is losing that which is closest to ones own heart" ~Srxjo (me)

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: Mar. 8, 2007 (JST) Update Details

                                Originally posted by Srxjo View Post
                                i wish we never had this update
                                This cracked me up so effing hard.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X