No announcement yet.

Battle System Adjustments (03/05/2007)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle System Adjustments (03/05/2007)

Battle System Adjustments (03/05/2007)

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...33/detail.html

In the upcoming version update, we plan to introduce two new dark knight spells, as well as implement changes to Signet that will improve party play for smaller groups.

Signet Bonuses

The adjustments made to improve player accuracy and attack versus monsters of a higher level, as well as the measures implemented to benefit full parties and prevent unfair pulling practices, have made it difficult for smaller groups to cooperate efficiently against weaker opponents.

In order to address this issue, the following bonuses will be added to the Signet effect in the upcoming version update:
    - Increased Healing HP
    - No TP loss while resting
    - Bonus experience earned in smaller parties
    - Increased defense and evasion against attacks from your auto-attack target

- Increased Healing HP
    The initial value for Healing HP (based on the character's level), as well as the incremental jumps in Healing HP (based on the character's maximum HP), will be increased.
    This change will improve Healing HP in a similar fashion to the bonus granted to Healing MP by the Clear Mind job trait.

While this bonus is in effect, TP will not be lost while resting.
    This will allow players to rest fully for their next battle while still maintaining the store of TP they had built from their previous opponent.

- Bonus experience in small groups
    The amount of experience earned while in smaller parties will be increased.
    This bonus will be applied on the following scale:

*The experience earned for defeating special monsters will remain unaffected.

- Increased defense and evasion against attacks from your auto-attack target
    Players will gain a bonus to their defense and evasion against their auto-attack target.
    This bonus only applies to attacks from an opponent who you are auto-attacking with a drawn weapon. There is no effect against attacks from other sources, including monsters that unexpectedly join the fray.
    *This bonus will only apply to monsters that check as "even match" or weaker to the player.

The bonuses described above will only take effect when a player has received Signet, and is within the usual Signet-specific areas.
    These bonuses do not apply during Ballista, or other PvP events.

New Dark Knight Spells

The following dark knight spells will be introduced in the upcoming version update.

- Drain II (Lv.62 Recast Time: 3 minutes Duration: 1 minute)
    Steals an enemy's HP, potentially increasing maximum HP. Ineffective against undead.

HP drained that exceeds the amount necessary to fully heal the dark knight will temporarily boost maximum HP.
    As well as healing the dark knight, this spell should prove useful in providing extra HP for abilities such as Souleater.

- Dread Spikes (Lv.71 Recast Time: 3 minutes Duration: 1 minute)
    Covers you with magical darkness spikes. Steals HP from enemies that hit you. Ineffective against undead.

While Dread Spikes is in effect, the dark knight will drain an amount of HP from an enemy corresponding to the amount of damage inflicted by each of the enemy's attacks.
    Dread Spikes will wear off after the dark knight has absorbed an amount of HP equal to a certain percentage of his maximum HP, regardless of the remaining duration.

*The effect of Dread Spikes will be adjusted during PvP.

The HP absorbed by the reactive effect of Dread Spikes will not generate enmity for the dark knight.
    *The dark knight will still be KO'd if a single attack inflicts an amount of damage that exceeds his remaining HP.
    Generic Info!

Re: Battle System Adjustments (03/05/2007)

O.o

Crazy.

- Increased Healing HP
    Both of these will be pretty handy.

Comment

What I got out of this:
      -DRK gets a boost.
      -Kraken Club DRKs are even more broken.
      -Clear Body - FINALLY
      -Easier to solo jobs past the valkurm/qufim levels.

I have a friend leveling DRK (and his qufim level WAR sub) that I'm sure will love this.
      Generic Info!

Comment

Heh, I was just about to post this myself, if not for the lag of the local Internet slowing me down.

Interesting, regardless. Signet effects and more DRK spells; I'm waiting to see what the rest of this update holds in store for us.

Comment

This update is a direct result of people being ToAU onry i think, while they are nice additions...I can't sit right about them. I really feel that they're toning down the game to compensate peoples' whining to make everything easy and instantly gratifying...but it's not like what I think matters to SE.

With the signet change, people now have no reason not to leave Whitegate to group when all the new camps are taken (Although, they didn't have any reason before this update), instead of just ignoring it and making everyone get horrible experience.

Oh! And the change to resting TP is great news to Paladins, Dark Knights, and Blue Mages, very awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Auron517 View Post
            With the signet change, people now have no reason not to leave Whitegate to group when all the new camps are taken (Although, they didn't have any reason before this update), instead of just ignoring it and making everyone get horrible experience.
            I thought they are just adjusting Signet, and not Sanction? (Are they both "signet"?)
            Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
            yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
            Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
            leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Interesting. This seems like a good boost for BST and other solo/duo jobs. It will be interesting to see how this will effect lower level party dynamics.
              FFXIV Balmung Server
              Tenro Matashi
              PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

- Drain II (Lv.62 Recast Time: 3 minutes Duration: 1 minute)
                Steals an enemy's HP, potentially increasing maximum HP. Ineffective against undead.

HP drained that exceeds the amount necessary to fully heal the dark knight will temporarily boost maximum HP.
                As well as healing the dark knight, this spell should prove useful in providing extra HP for abilities such as Souleater.

- Dread Spikes (Lv.71 Recast Time: 3 minutes Duration: 1 minute)
                Covers you with magical darkness spikes. Steals HP from enemies that hit you. Ineffective against undead.

While Dread Spikes is in effect, the dark knight will drain an amount of HP from an enemy corresponding to the amount of damage inflicted by each of the enemy's attacks.
                Dread Spikes will wear off after the dark knight has absorbed an amount of HP equal to a certain percentage of his maximum HP, regardless of the remaining duration.
                I have been wanting these spells for so long. It just flat out sucks that they are DRK onry. I was already ticked that Black Mages were passed over when it came to Bio III. They gave it to the job that has an E in Dark Magic skill. I know that skill has no bearing on landing Bio, its just the principle. They got it because it is an enfeeble.

Granted, these spells fit DRK better than BLM, but I've been wanting them for so long. I guess I'm just whiny... I'll shut up now.
                Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
                I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Comment

Since most BLMs can't be trusted to cast Bio at the appropriate times (ie: very rarely), I'm kind of glad they didn't get Bio III. Of course, I'm a RDM, so I guess I have a bias.

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                    I thought they are just adjusting Signet, and not Sanction? (Are they both "signet"?)
                    Huh!? Maybe because it's so early in the morning, but I don't understand what you said.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                      Since most BLMs can't be trusted to cast Bio at the appropriate times (ie: very rarely), I'm kind of glad they didn't get Bio III. Of course, I'm a RDM, so I guess I have a bias.
                      Nah, it's not just your bias. I completely agree.
                      A Day in the Life of a Taru

Comment

Seems like ToAU areas will still be better to exp in, since you don't get an exp bonus in the middlelands with 6 people. But maybe people won't scoff so much at the idea of exping in a non ToAU area. I'd rather exp in sky or KRT than Caedarva Aery. (The mire when everybody fights for a single monster.)
                        Generic Info!

Comment

Originally posted by Auron517 View Post
                          Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                          Yes, Signet and Sanction are similar. Signet gives you Conquest Points while Sanction gives you Imperial Standing credits.

I think what Auron was trying to say is that now with the update for Signet, people will want to go back to camping in old camps outside ToAU zones when the ToAU zones are heavily camped.

Comment

I think this is terribly exciting, mainly because of the fact that me and 2 friends were planning on staticing together, and instead of going to Valkurm now...we can just go however high we'd like with just the 3 of us. :D And any type of duoing/trioing at low levels is really really great now, more HP and TP saving? Woot! :D

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

No TP loss while resting is very interesting for DRK, PLD, and BLU. It is very helpful to DRK if the DRK is not the puller in the party.
                              Server: Quetzalcoatl
                              Race: Hume Rank 7
                              75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Working...
                              X