Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doll festival

The Doll Festival (02/23/2007)
    Do you like dolls? Do you like diamond-shaped sweet rice cakes? Do you like being mysteriously transformed into a little girl? Well, then we have the event for you! The three nations of Bastok, Windurst, and San d'Oria have broken out the peach trees and life-sized dioramas and turned up the festivity meter to 10, all in time for the legendary Doll Festival!

And what would a festival be without the meddling of those merry moogles down at the MHMU? Your cuddly friends have been working 25-hour days without overtime for the past three and a half weeks to prepare sweet snacks just for you and the other one million adventurers out there.

But that's not all! Your other friends here in Topics-land have also been planning an exciting contest for all the aspiring artists in Vana'diel.

To learn more about the Doll Festival, click here.
    To learn how to enter the Fan Art Contest, click here.

EDIT:

Bwahahahahaaa! Finally I got a piece of news up first!

I cut and paste the content from the links:

First link:

The Doll Festival
    The Doll Festival is a solemn Far Eastern celebration in which displays of dolls and sweets are used to congratulate young girls on their growth.

The festival is supposed to be for young girls only, but the M.H.M.U. (Mog House Management Union) has been working with Windurst's Rhinostery to develop a special variety of rice cake that turns anyone who eats one into a little girl, ultimately allowing boys and girls of all sizes to participate in the festivities!

To make sure that everyone receives a piece of the magical cake, moogles down at the MHMU have been stuffing envelopes full of the tasty treats and sending them to every single Mog House in Vana'diel.

*Rice cakes should start arriving in Mog House delivery boxes sometime on or around February 23. Not everyone's will arrive at the same time.
    *Only characters starting their adventures before 2/18/2007 will receive a cake.
    *If you return your cake to the MHMU, you will not be able to receive another one.

Doll Festival Decorations
    The following areas will be decked with Doll Festival decor from midnight on February 23, 2007 (PST) to midnight, March 4:

- Southern San d'Oria
    - Northern San d'Oria
    - Bastok Mines
    - Bastok Markets
    - Windurst Waters
    - Windurst Woods

Second link:

Fan Art Contest
    To ring in the Doll Festival, we have decided to hold a very special Fan Art contest. All entries will be judged by an all-star panel of development and operations team members. Not only will those selected as winners have their illustrations displayed on the FINAL FANTASY XI official homepage, but will also be presented with the prestigious Nomad Moogle Rod, for use only in Vana'diel.

Requirements
    Must have an active FINAL FANTASY XI account.

Deadline
    Entries will be accepted from midnight on February 23, 2007 (PST) to midnight, March 4.

Illustration Theme
    The "Ladies of Vana'diel"
    From nobles to peasants, queens to commanders, if she's a lady of Vana'diel, we want you to draw her! While not a requirement, Doll Festival-themed illustrations are more than welcome!

How to Enter
    All entries must be sent by e-mail to the following address:

doll-festival@playonline.com

Please title your mail [Doll Festival Fan Art Contest] and include the following information in the body:

1. Your nickname
    2. The title of your illustration
    3. A comment (under 15 words)
    4. The character and World to which you wish to have any prizes sent

*The attached illustration must be in .jpg or .gif format and be less than 1 MB in size.
    *Multiple entries are accepted, but you may only attach ONE illustration to each mail.
    *Winners will be announced in a future Topics article. Individual mails will not be distributed.
    *Prizes can only be sent to the character indicated in the entry mail.
    *All player information provided for the contest will be maintained by Square Enix and will not be distributed to any third parties.

Guidelines
    The following types of illustrations will NOT be accepted:
    1. Any Sexually Explicit/Violent/Discriminatory/Etc. material
    2. Any plagiarized material or content copyrighted by a third party
    3. Any slanderous material or material that may infringe on a third party's privacy
    4. Any material the judges' panel considers unfit to display
    5. Any entry that is missing the required information specified under "How to Enter"

*All entries are protected by SQEX copyrights.
    *Square Enix reserves the right to choose when, where, how, and if an illustration and the illustrator's nickname is displayed.
    *Square Enix reserves the right to adjust any material received.
    *All entries not selected will be deleted after the selection process.
    *To the fullest extent permitted by law, Square Enix Limited and its affiliates shall have no liability, howsoever arising, in relation to this competition or the prize, including without limitation liability in respect of personal injury and/or any loss or damage to property.
    *Terms & Conditions: No purchase necessary. The prizes are as stated and cannot be modified. There are no alternative prizes or cash substitutes.
    Square Enix employees, agencies, contractors or anyone professionally associated with this promotion are not eligible to enter. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
    *SQUARE ENIX OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES
    All entries and other materials (the "Entry Materials") (including all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary rights associated therewith) submitted by you become the property of Square Enix upon submission, and Entry Materials will not be returned to any contestant. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge that Square Enix will own all rights to use, modify, and make derivative works of the Entry Materials, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity. You agree to take, at Square Enix's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Square Enix to effect, perfect, or confirm Square Enix's ownership rights as set forth above in this paragraph. Entry Materials may be used by contestants only for purposes of the Contest or for private, personal, non-public viewing. Entry materials received by Square Enix may be destro yed by Square Enix at any time following the Contest.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Re: Doll festival

Heh, I was just about to do this myself, but it looks like it's all yours. Nice.

I think I still have Doll Cakes from like 2-3 years ago on a mule somewhere; I used them once, and never used them again. I think I was saving them for some fanfic I was gonna do at some point, but I never got around to doing it. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
      Bwahahahahaaa! Finally I got a piece of news up first!
      {Congratulations!} {Good job!}
      FFXIV Balmung Server
      Tenro Matashi
      PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

Sooo just change into a little girl and run around?

Comment

ok a galka turning into a lil girl...that really doesn't sound right...nor does it feel right

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

Sooo just change into a little girl and run around?
            As I recall from last year you had to get a party consisting of a certain number of little girls from each race to get some kind of prize, but I don't think it was anything really good, although I don't remember what the prize was. It was fun to run around as a little taru kiddie though

The art drawing contest really interests me, sadly even the Stick figure Dom days on the megatokyo website put my drawing skills to shame:

http://www.megatokyo.com/

I really want to learn how to draw someday, I've got all these images in my head that I want to share with the world!

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

I remember bringing a stack of Mithran Rice Cakes to a LS event one time. We were all goofing off running around at the bottom of Heaven's Tower, and some other players wandered down in the middle of it. Just imagine going down there middle of Summer and finding a bunch of little Mithran girls running around playing tag. >_>; It was hilarious.
              FFXIV Balmung Server
              Tenro Matashi
              PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

Lol lucky you. Posted that earlier here http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...23-2007-a.html and nada, lol. Anyways, I'm gonna have fun searching through AtlanaViewer/Model viewer for some NPCs to draw for this
                Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

I don't know why they send these to the male characters, nor do I want to know. However, it is kinda funny just to use costume items and chase people around a zone for no good reason.

I like the idea behind the art contest, I actually wish we saw that sort of thing more often from SE.

Comment

They explained why they sent them to male characters in the announcement.

Originally posted by The Announcement
                    The festival is supposed to be for young girls only, but the M.H.M.U. (Mog House Management Union) has been working with Windurst's Rhinostery to develop a special variety of rice cake that turns anyone who eats one into a little girl, ultimately allowing boys and girls of all sizes to participate in the festivities!

Comment

I got doll cakes sent to me 2days ago and Im a female character, whats up with that?
                      75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
                      Woodworking 91.9+2
                      ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Everyone gets them!

Comment

Rdm in my sky ls didnt get them.
                          Woodworking 91.9+2

Comment

Originally posted by Aeolus View Post
                            Rdm in my sky ls didnt get them.
                            What's your friend's name? My mules got cakes before I did on Murphie, because I'm further down the alphabet than they are.

Comment

Y something, cant remember the spelling. Thats probably it. Mines G but its still been a day and shes not got anything.
                              Woodworking 91.9+2

Comment

Working...
                              X