Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on LS Community at PlayOnline.com!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on LS Community at PlayOnline.com!

Welcome to Dreams in Vanadiel!!

During September 2006, we conducted a survey on linkshell communities via the official FINAL FANTASY XI website. We gathered over 10,000 responses, which is a huge success. We are greatly pleased to have heard so much from our players. We would like to take this opportunity to share the results of the survey with you.

On November 28th, 2006, we will be making the beta version of the new “FINAL FANTASY XI Linkshell Community” service available. This new version is based on feedback from the aforementioned survey, the discussions we’ve seen across all the premier sites worldwide, and the many comments and suggestions we have received via the mail forms.
    We have carefully considered how much time and work it will take to make the changes and additions we want for the current linkshell community. As a result, we have decided to roll out the new calendar and auto-login features now, along with a few changes to the way the community currently works.

The New Calendar Feature
    A calendar has been added to each community. To register an event, select the date that you will be holding the event from your community’s calendar, then simply enter the required information such as “Preferred number of participants” and “Recruiting period.” Configure options such as whether or not you will be holding this event more than once, and event registration is complete.

Events registered on the calendar come in two types: “Looking For Participants,” where you can receive applications from members interested in participating in the event, and “Event Announcement,” which can be used to simply announce the details of an event.
    You can configure event display settings for both of the above types to either be displayed just to community members or you can announce your event on the World Portal (by setting your event’s display settings to “Display on World Portal (public)”), much in the same way you would use “/shout” in the game, to recruit participants from all over your World.

The “auto-login” Feature
    Normally when logging in, you have to enter your PlayOnline ID and password every time you log in, but by enabling auto-login, you can simplify this process. Auto-login can be enabled or disabled for any account*.

For security purposes, the auto-login feature does not use your PlayOnline ID and password, but instead uses a special form of encryption.

*An account on the Linkshell Community refers to the combination of a character’s World, participating community, and the member him/herself. Because of this, a user can possess multiple accounts and use them separately.

Changes to the World Portal
    The “New Community” section on the world portal has been changed to “Linkshell Event Information.”

This new section was created for those of you who have thought, “I’d like to participate in an event,” “I’d like to recruit party members to participate in my event,” or “I’d like to pick a day where I can host an event with other linkshell members.” Using linkshell event information, you can easily check any of the multiple events currently planned.

Besides the new features and design changes described above, we are also planning to improve and add other features in the future.

We still want to hear more from the FINAL FANTASY XI community, and the special premier site forums are where you can make yourself heard. As we head into the official release of the new “FINAL FANTASY XI Linkshell Community,” we hope you will enjoy using it as much as we enjoy running it.
    Last edited by PiNG; 11-20-2006, 11:09 PM.

Re: Update on LS Community at PlayOnline.com!

Feedbacks On The New Update Is Welcome!

Comment

Thumbs up for the calendar...
      Character: Bricklayer
      Server: Ramuh
      31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Comment

I hope this doesn't sound too grumpy, but am I the only one who thinks they were working on a calendar already, and thus that's why it's the only one of those things that they are actually adding?

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
          I hope this doesn't sound too grumpy, but am I the only one who thinks they were working on a calendar already, and thus that's why it's the only one of those things that they are actually adding?
          Or it's one of the easiest things to implement. I know they've got calendars for WordPress and PHPBB out there already, which would probably be fairly simple to... well... reverse engineer. Still, you're probably right, and I'd say that's just a healthy level of realism.
          Character: Bricklayer
          Server: Ramuh
          31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Comment

I figure adding any of the other things will take a bit more time, so the things that they were likely already working on are the things that they are going to be implementing right away.

Comment

No. 3 A data display for chocobo raising
              ...wtf

If only chocobo raising was worth wasting that on...

75 BLU | THF | PLD

Comment

So have they implemented the calendar yet? I can't seem to find it. The Linkshell Community listing is cool though.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
                SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

Very nice work on the calendar. Should making doing and finding event 100 times easier. After talking with my LS one key issue as to why they don't want to use the Linkshell Boards over our forums is because you can't attach signature pics and can't use format tags to insert html links and pics as well as change the color of text. I understand this is superfical and does eat up alot of space but it's those little things ppl love.

Also another key thing ppl wanted from my LS was the chat function, No.1 on Things you would like to see added.

Comment

I'm glad to see that user-friendliness was their number one thing that people wanted improved. I can't even figure out how to change my linkshell on there. -_- It still has me in a LS I left quite awhile back.

Rank 10 All Nations
                    Zilart/CoP/ToAU Complete
                    Assault Rank: Captain
                    Campaign Rank: Wings of Honor ∮∮∮∮
                    Unique Quests complete: 465
                    Maps Obtained: 79/79

Comment

Originally posted by Kyrial Arthian View Post
                      I'm glad to see that user-friendliness was their number one thing that people wanted improved. I can't even figure out how to change my linkshell on there. -_- It still has me in a LS I left quite awhile back.
                      You probably have that LS set as your default linkshell.

• Click on your character. (this should take you to that old LS)
                      • Click on your character's pic at the top (not the pearl icon)
                      • Scroll to bottom and click "Member Profile Editor"
                      • Uncheck "Set this linkshell community as your default community." at the bottom.
                      • Click Confirm at bottom
                      • Click OK at bottom (make sure you do this, I miss this every time I update this screen, it should really be an OK then a Confirm page with the button at the top)
                      • Now log out then back in
                      • Click your character name
                      • You should now see a list of "Unestablished Communities"
                      • After you establish multiple communities, you can change between them with the drop-down at the top
                      I suggest that you do not set any community as default in case you want to establish more communities.
                      Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
                      I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Comment

Working...
                      X