Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billing Reminder to PlayOnline Users

I think this one is important.

Oct. 24, 2006 09:00 [PDT] From: PlayOnlineBilling Reminder to PlayOnline Users

Thank you for your continued use of PlayOnline service.
    We would like to remind all of you that the registration server maintenance will be held in the near future.

Please be advised that you will not be able to register or unsubscribe PlayOnline accounts, review or update your member information, or review, purchase, cancel, or reactivate Content IDs during the maintenance period.

You may also be disconnected from PlayOnline services during the maintenance if there is a problem with your payment method. To avoid this, please complete all necessary billing changes in advance.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

From Playonline
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Re: Billing Reminder to PlayOnline Users

Clever, SE, but you won't be able to avoid people accusing you of springing registration server maintenance on them!

Comment

lol is registration server maintenance sneaking up on people really a problem?

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

This is the same maint they have every month right?

Originally posted by Aksannyi
        "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Yes. And you'd think it wasn't, eticket, but just this past month we had several folks here complaining about how inconvenient it was that SE just decided to do registration server maintenance.

You know. At the time that they have done it since the game launched. XD

Comment

Yup because they usually perform the maintenence the 1st or something, but this time they are upgrading the billing and other stuff so they had to perform the upgrade before the billing day.

Not many people read this though so many returning players are posting about being unable to activate accounts and stuff.
            sigpic
            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Almost everytime that im on during registration server maint., someone allways pops in ingame and says "wtf i thought there was a maintenance going on!", and there will allways be someone who doesnt know why they cant register all of a sudden, people are mis-informed most of the time, and SE probably sent this reminder to make those people aware that during reg. server maint. you cant create/edit/delete accounts.
              signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

what time is the account managment due to work again ??
                Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimesConfucius

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves Confucius

Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous Confucius

Comment

/em raises hand.
                  Somehow CoP is the only expansion that didn't get registered when I reinstalled Sunday, and ofcourse xp party wanted to go to Bibiki Bay. So...I get there and suddenly can't enter. Go to register, and lo and behold they're doing maintenance...all day.
                  Is it always a 24 hr thing? My own fault for missing the registration, it registered RoZ and ToAU no problem so I didnt really pay attention to CoP.
                  It was supposed to be over an hour and a half ago, but its 3:30 here and its still down. Suppose I'll give it a whirl tomorrow morning. Got so used to ignoring registration maintenance that I didn't even look at first. Finally started digging through previous update notes and found the times. Always hits when you need it to be up.
                  I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

O.o I have never had to re-register when I have reinstalled, and have done a couple of times. As long as the discs go in in order, it's been fine... Wierd.

And yes this is a slightly longer one, but even so...

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                    "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

I see that it's scheduled for yesterday and today, but for the past three days I've been unable to access the billing and Content ID sections.

This is bad, because I need to cancel because SE will overdraw my bank account if I don't...
                      ~=~=~=Sasaki=~=~=~

Comment

Does anyone know just how long this is going to last because it was scheduled to finish about an hour and a half ago and still i'm not able to access the registration process. Really getting pissed off and was really looking forward to returning to FFXI too...

Comment

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/645178-post27.html

1800 pdt now. le sigh. A day and a half and counting.

Comment

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news8883.shtml

Oct. 25, 2006 18:42 [PDT] From: PlayOnline

Registration Server Maintenance Extension: Followup 2
                            The registration server maintenance that is currently underway will be extended until Oct. 26, 2006 0:00(PDT).

We apologize for the inconvenience.

[Affected Period]
                            From Oct 24, 2006 0:00 to Oct 26, 2006 0:00(PDT)

[Affected Services]
                            PlayOnline
                            Still going, nothing outlasts the Playonline server maintenance, it keeps going and going and going and going...

Comment

When the sun descendeth and the seas boileth. Thou mayeth installeth thy CoP expansion packeth. :loleth:
                              signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Working...
                              X