Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All Worlds Maintenance (Aug. 21)

Originally posted by Haggai
    Unfortunately, we don't know if we can ride up in Xarcabard or not. We've never been able to have a chocobo in that area. Though I assume that since it's considered an outdoor area, we'll be good.

That and I've been told that Bards can only use Chocobo Mazurka in an area that chocobos are allowed. We know that Mazurka works in Xarcabard and Beaucedine.

Now that makes me wonder something else. I would like to assume that Zeruhn Mines is not considered a dungeon, because you cannot use escape there, and using escape in Korroloka puts you in Zeruhn. I wonder if we would be able to call them in Zeruhn. I doubt it, but it would be pretty funny. There'd be no reason to do it anyway, except to see if it is possible.

Hehe since i ordered the game today and never played it before you know more . Man im dying to play

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Wow, this developed into a wall of text, sorry.

Zeruhn is a dungeon, according to ffxi-atlas.com, but it still would be funny.

After my previous post, I got thinking of places that we may be able to call them that we've never had chocobos before. Of course, SE could always just restrict them anyway.

Now this is just a list of outdoor zones from ffxi-atlas.com that we can't have chocos in now.

* Xarcabard
      * Beaucedine Glacier
      $ Uleguerand Range
      * Misareaux Coast
      # Lufaise Meadows
      * Cape Terrigan
      * Valley of Sorrows
      # Qufim Island
      $ Behemoth's Dominion
      * Mount Zhayolm
      # Caedarva Mire
      # Attohwa Chasm
      % Ru'Ann Gardens
      % Al'Taieu

Here is the key of how I feel.
      * Possibly allowed
      # Possibly allowed, but may be overpowering. See below
      $ Doubt it
      % No way

Lufaise Meadows would be a bit overpowering just for the simple reason that when you are dropped from that last Promy, you need to make it to Tavnazian Safehold as the quest. They may want to disallow that.

Qufim Island would be overpowering because getting to EXP camps would be aggro free.

Caedarva Mire would be nice, but that means that nobody has to worry about dealing with True Sight from Imps, providing they have their callable chocobo. Now, I don't know how a chocobo and True Sight would work, as I can't think of any place they have crossed paths. I'd assume that the Imps would ignore you as any other mob.

Attohwa Chasm is considered an outdoor zone, but there is that mission where you have to run to the top of a mountain or something. I don't know, I haven't done it yet. Attohwa also suffers from the chocobo + true sight question, with Tiamat.

I do know that getting to camp for EXP parties in Quicksand Caves, Kuftal Tunnel, and Cape Terrigan will be a bit quicker, as you can call your choco from the Altep Crystal and you don't need to make a pit stop in Rabao.

Getting from Jeuno to a party in Yhoater will be easier, too. Just get a Teleport-Yhoat, call chocobo, and ride to camp. I have a feeling we'll be seeing more Teleport-Yhoat shouts.

Non-airship people will also have an easier time getting to Jeuno from home town. Outpost Warp -> Meriphataud, Passhow, or Jugner and choco from there.

Choco from Vahzl crystal would be the bread and butter, though.
      Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
      I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Comment

It's about time they nerfed PuPs. That job is totally overpowered.

Comment

Yay looks like we're getting our chocobos a day earlier. Their other release date was the 22nd.
          MisterCookie: Alla refugee since May 2006

MisterCookie: Writing poor signatures since January 1999

http://www.songbirdnest.com - OSS Media Player

Comment

Pretty much, the only universal way to tell if an area is an indoor or outdoor area is to engage a monster, and listen to the battle music that plays. Ro'maeve, dispite not being able to take a chobo, is actually an outdoor area.

If an area has no monsters, I would, personally, consider it a town. This includes Hall Of The Gods. All town zones have their own theme music. I beleive it is also prohibited to use Tractor inside a town. Any SMNs, are you able to call avatars inside HOTG? Just out of curiousity.

I beleive Al Zahbi is actually considered a deungeon, not a town.

Comment

Pups over powered, Explain.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocster
                Pups over powered, Explain.
                sarcasm

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Isn't the only way to get a Chocobo Egg through a ISNM75? So basically a good portion of the community pretty much can't participate in this unless the eggs aren't Rare/Ex, though that won't help... as people will jack the prices up high fast. Sad how predictable that is. I really don't understand why they would go to add this as something new the community can get in on and toy with, and then shut out all the newbies and mid-levellers.

I don't really care about myself. I'm on a sort of hiatus where I'm not doing much in-game, and I'll be 75 relatively quickly anyway. If my static ever gets their act together, but that's neither here nor there. x_x And I'm not really sure what I'd do with the breeding anyway. I enjoyed it in FFVII. But as bad as I am with Gardening... ^_^'

It's more about all the little guys who've looked forward to this and have no real way to enjoy it.
                  "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

Comment

Originally posted by Telera
                    Isn't the only way to get a Chocobo Egg through a ISNM75? So basically a good portion of the community pretty much can't participate in this unless the eggs aren't Rare/Ex, though that won't help... as people will jack the prices up high fast. Sad how predictable that is. I really don't understand why they would go to add this as something new the community can get in on and toy with, and then shut out all the newbies and mid-levellers.

I don't really care about myself. I'm on a sort of hiatus where I'm not doing much in-game, and I'll be 75 relatively quickly anyway. If my static ever gets their act together, but that's neither here nor there. x_x And I'm not really sure what I'd do with the breeding anyway. I enjoyed it in FFVII. But as bad as I am with Gardening... ^_^'

It's more about all the little guys who've looked forward to this and have no real way to enjoy it.
                    There is an egg vendor in Ru'Lude Gardens as well. Available to all.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba
                      This is true, Chocobo Mazurka doesn't work here. Retarded as hell if you ask me >.>

Comment

It's been SE's method of operation to make things incredibly difficult to obtain in this game. It's their way of keeping people playing and paying for as long as possible.
                        75BLM/37NIN
                        Malevolent
                        Midgardsormr

Comment

Originally posted by Telera

Wow thats all wrong. A vendor in Ru'lude Gardens sells three different kinds of eggs for about 1000g. Anybody can afford that. Yes there are two more eggs which are available only to higher players, but I would hardly say that this is an advanced players only feature.

Also, the eggs are Ex, so they can't be traded or sold. In other words RMT can't ruin chocobo raising like they ruin so many other things. At least they can't ruin the eggs, food may be a different story, we just don't know yet.

SE has so far done everything right to make sure that anyone who wants a chocobo can get one.
                          Main Jobs: DRG75 PLD56
                          Sub Jobs: WAR37, BLU37, SAM37, DRK46

Merits:
                          Angon (1) Deep Breathing (1) Empathy (2)
                          Polearm (6) Sword (2) Crit Hit % (2) MP (2)

Crafts:
                          Smithing (26.0), Clothcraft (59.8)

Mission Progress:
                          Bastok Rank 10, ZM 16, CoP 3-5
                          ToAU 44, Chief Sergeant
                          WoTG 7, Mythril Wings $$

Comment

Originally posted by Feba
                            Pretty much, the only universal way to tell if an area is an indoor or outdoor area is to engage a monster, and listen to the battle music that plays. Ro'maeve, dispite not being able to take a chobo, is actually an outdoor area.

If an area has no monsters, I would, personally, consider it a town. This includes Hall Of The Gods. All town zones have their own theme music. I beleive it is also prohibited to use Tractor inside a town. Any SMNs, are you able to call avatars inside HOTG? Just out of curiousity.

You can summon in Ro'maeve, but when you zone into Altana's brothel they disaapear until you arrive in Tulia.
                            It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                            それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                            Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                            A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Oh. >.< My bad. A friend of mine on Ifrit kept rubbing it in my face, telling me he had an egg and I wouldn't get one because it was a ISNM75 only drop. He's kinda a prick like that sometimes. -_-' I haven't poked around Ru'Lude in a while...sorry.
                              "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

Comment

I am excited beyond belief! YAY! This is the thing I've been looking forward to the most recently. :D
                                --
                                Hi! If you visit my website, I promise not to blow schhhmoke in your eyes...

Comment

Working...
                                X