Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Azimuth Circle Begins on July 31st!(07/28/2006)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azimuth Circle Begins on July 31st!(07/28/2006)

Jul. 18, 2006 05:00 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI
    The Sunbreeze Festival
    The days just keep getting hotter and hotter! But according to our sources in the Mog House Management Union (M.H.M.U.), the officials from each nation have decided to hold another festival to beat the heat! Yes, the Sunbreeze Festival is back with its upbeat music and dancing to bring cool breezes down from the heavens to Vana'diel.

The rumor is out, and the nations are getting into the festive mood. Volunteers from various shops and guilds have gathered to create town decorations and fireworks for the festival, and the moogles are out searching the nations of Vana'diel for Rakapopo Dancers. The goldfish scooping merchants are also hard at work mass-producing super scoops that break under the weight of particularly jumpy fish.

And of course, the master alchemist Azima is hard at work on-you guessed it-Azimuth Circle II! Once again, adventurers will need to team up and maintain close communication in order to find a specific target. It should be easy with good teamwork, but this time the event will be held outside of town, so you will have to keep a lookout for monsters as well!

Azima claims that she decided to hold the event outdoors this year to add an extra dimension of excitement. So with your heart racing at the end of the day, you can don a yukata together and have an even greater appreciation for the beautiful sight of fireworks.

Nights filled with music, dancing, fireworks, and games... Be sure not to miss this year's Sunbreeze Festival!

[Event Details]
    This event is scheduled to commence on July 25, 2006 and will last until August 21, 2006 0:00 (PDT). The Azimuth Circle II event is scheduled to commence on July 31, 2006 at 17:00 and will last until August 21, 2006 0:00 (PDT).

[Event Locations]
    The following areas will feature fireworks and festival music from 19:00-6:00 (Vana'diel time):

West Ronfaure/East Ronfaure
    Southern San d'Oria/Northern San d'Oria/Port San d'Oria
    North Gustaberg/South Gustaberg
    Bastok Mines/Bastok Markets/Port Bastok
    East Sarutabaruta/West Sarutabaruta
    Windurst Waters/Windurst Walls/Port Windurst/Windurst Woods
    Eastern Altepa Desert/Western Altepa Desert
    Rabao

[Firework Vendor Locations]
    Port San d'Oria (J-9)
    Port Bastok (J-12)
    Windurst Waters (E-9)

[Goldfish Scoop Vendor Locations]
    West Ronfaure (G-10)
    South Gustaberg (E-8)
    East Sarutabaruta (H-8)
    Rabao (F-7)

[Azimuth Circle Moogle Locations]
    Southern San d'Oria (K-9)
    Northern San d'Oria (D-8)
    Bastok Mines (I-9)
    Bastok Markets (G-9)
    Windurst Waters (F-5)
    Windurst Woods (K-10)

*The information posted for [Firework Vendor Locations] was incorrect.

The correct locations are as follows:

[Firework Vendor Locations]
    Port San d'Oria (D-8)
    Port Bastok (L-8)
    Windurst Waters (G-10)

This information was updated on Jul. 24, 2006 17:45 PDT.
    We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news8112.shtml
    Last edited by neighbortaru; 07-28-2006, 06:29 AM.

Which FF Character Are You?

Re: Azimuth Circle Begins on July 31st!(07/28/2006)

Oh sweet! More reason to wear on my Lord's Yukata set again!
    And first post!! =D
    Almost four years experience playing FFXI. I am a Raccoon, not a Hyena--despite my name states I am one.

Get creative and pretend these happened.
    Flaremoogles! Maester Hare HNM Fight! Charmander HNM!

Ow...

Comment

Well, it's my first year in Vana'diel, so i don't have any previous experience with this festival.

But I have to ask: is there anything more to this, other than headache in form of extremely annoying music and sparkles? Talked with several ppl on our server (Fenrir), and it seems almost everyone hates what's going on...

It's like the feast of the sword or what it was called - sounded exciting at first, then "everyone" realized this was no fun at all...

Ppl on our server talks about the chocobo upgrade as the next happening which gets lots of attention, but will eventually get lots of hate - let's hope they're wrong

Comment

Is this where we can get in the Nomad Moogle's Rod or is that in a later update? I need to dual wield moogle rods...
        Hacked on 9/9/09
        FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Originally posted by Omniblast
          Is this where we can get in the Nomad Moogle's Rod or is that in a later update? I need to dual wield moogle rods...
          I doubt it. It's probably the new Yukatas and that's all.
          Ellipses on Fenrir
          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
          . . .

Comment

Indeed the reward are the Yukata's.

Fun times. You are required to partner up like last years swimsuit event. Only this time you are level 1 restricted in K.Highlands, La Theine, and I don't know about windy. First time nets you NQ yukatas that dispense Firework once every 168 hours. Second time I assume will reward HQ Yukatas.

Also... not sure of this bit of info yet... seems the moogles are only out in town during the night hours.

Though I may be wrong.

Comment

ok i got my yukata and then did it again and instead of saying go north or south it says like "321 yalms" what the heck it that about anyone know please help!!

Finaly in full Red Mage AF

Comment

It's basically saying, you're xxx amount of yards/feet away from the checkpoint

Comment

This just popped up in game.

Never mind my comment in the middle there. I was just kidding (mostly).

edit: I should resize that. But...too much effort.

Comment

Do the Yukata's look any different this year or are they the same?

Comment

I believe they look the same.

Comment

They look the same, but they dispens stacks of fireworks (99)- and they're by far the coolest fireworks I've seen. (Roman candles)

Comment

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news8261.shtml

Aug. 1, 2006 00:30 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI
                          "Azimuth Circle II" Recovery

At Aug. 1, 2006 0:00 PDT, a maintenance was performed on the "Azimuth Circle II" which was temporarily suspended.
                          The event was resumed at 0:10 PDT.

We thank you for your patience in this matter.

It's back!

Comment

Originally posted by Mazon
                            Indeed the reward are the Yukata's.

Fun times. You are required to partner up like last years swimsuit event. Only this time you are level 1 restricted in K.Highlands, La Theine, and I don't know about windy. First time nets you NQ yukatas that dispense Firework once every 168 hours. Second time I assume will reward HQ Yukatas.
                            What?? Let's see if I got this right:

We're supposed to run around in a 2-member pt at lvl 1 in areas with FAR tougher mobs than us? And the reward is FIREWORKS?????

How lame!!

What's fun with that?? I'm really starting to hate Square-Enix...

Comment

Originally posted by Netspook
                              What?? Let's see if I got this right:

We're supposed to run around in a 2-member pt at lvl 1 in areas with FAR tougher mobs than us? And the reward is FIREWORKS?????

How lame!!

What's fun with that?? I'm really starting to hate Square-Enix...
                              Here's a tip, in case you've been living in a cave or something: Event rewards are hardly ever worth it in their own right. The events are a fun distraction and nothing else. The reward is the event; items are a side-effect.
                              Ellipses on Fenrir
                              There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                              . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X