X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merit Adjustments

o.o!

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...84/detail.html

With the upcoming merit point additions, you will be able to improve your character even further with all-new abilities and spells in the existing 15 job categories.
    Merit point job categories will also become available for blue mages, corsairs, and puppetmasters.

Merit Point Categories

The existing 15 job categories will be improved to allow players the opportunity to further customize their level 75 characters with unique abilities.
    These improved categories will include 4 to 8 abilities for each job. Depending on the distribution of merit points, it will be possible for players to access multiple new abilities.
    Check out the upcoming version update news for what's in store.

- Subcategories
    The 15 existing job categories will be divided into subcategories. Group 1 will include conventional abilities, while Group 2 will include the new job abilities, job traits, and spells.

- Accessing New Abilities
    You can access Group 2 abilities by spending 1 point on the ability you wish to learn. Additional points spent on the same ability will shorten the recast time or enhance the effect (refer to the help text for each ability to learn the specific bonus).
    Lowering the number of merit points in an ability to zero will cause it to disappear from your ability list.

- Ability Point Maximums
    The Group 1 and Group 2 subcategories have separate totals for the maximum number of possible ability increases. Spending merit points to improve conventional abilities will not affect the acquisition of the new abilities.

Merit Points for Blue Mages, Corsairs, and Puppetmasters

In the upcoming version update, merit point job categories will be added for the three new jobs introduced in the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion disc.
    These categories will initially contain only the Group 1 subcategory, allowing players to improve the basic abilities for these jobs.

Re: Merit Adjustments

First post! Man this is going to be great, a little bit like WoW's Talent system. But sadly I'm not Lv 75 so I can't gleem in this awesomeness.

Originally posted by FFXI's view on other MMORPGs
    'Start learning boy, no you don't get a tutorial, this is man's country! Tutorial's are for little sissy babies who need their mommies! Now, are you a sissy baby or a man?"
    Dymlos
    Bahamut server
    Lv 75 Ranger Lv 75 Samurai

Comment

I'm absolutely frothing at the mouth to know what BRD gets. I really hope we get Massacre Elegy or maybe some tier II lullabies.
      A Day in the Life of a Taru

Comment

Massacre Elegy O_o? Isn't that like 75% slow? As if Carnage wasn't slow enough. lol.

But this should be really really damn interesting once put into place. I'm curious to all the jobs.

San d'Oria 8-2 :: ZM14 :: PM Storms of Fate :: ToAU 15
        Want an Optical Hat? 1M (Your cluster) / 2.5M (Cluster suplied). /tell Cesario, Firedevil, or Duong. (Siren)

Comment

Carnage Elegy is already ridiculously powerful... Massacre Elegy would just be sick. I think you are right that it is 75% slow.

Imagine if we got some of the BRD songs that some BRD mobs have like Thornsong >.>

Comment

Please, SE, be creative..

Comment

Only 14 levels to go until I can experience merits.

Pehehe... "Only".

I'm dying to know what abilties they've added to Ranger.

The new summoner abilities look interesting; Heavenly and Meteor Strike FTW! /goes to play FFX.
              http://semicoherant.blogspot.com/ - My FFXI Blog

Comment

yeah, im hoping brds will be great, i need to finish lvling it to 75 first tho, rofl <_< and, i hope war gets some neato stuff! Double Attack II [Yes, please.] or, berserk/agressor II >_> that'd be wicked *starts meriting*
                WAR75/ MNK45/ WHM38/ RDM6/ DRG13/ RNG42/ BLM21/ THF45 /SAM22 /NIN53 /BRD64 /DRK11 /SMN12/BST28/ PLD13/18 BLU/17 COR/1 PUP

"The man all the ladies want."

Comment

Akai: WAR will most likely get Axe Toss, and improvements to other weapons like Great Axe Great Sword and Sword.

Comment

Originally posted by Yeargdribble
                    Imagine if we got some of the BRD songs that some BRD mobs have like Thornsong >.>
                    Only thing I've encountered with Thornsong is the Shadow Dragon in Xarcabard and it was rather weak. 0 dmg. Granted I don't exactly fight it on low lvl jobs. lol.
                    I don't do HNM/Dynamis so no clue if they are used there. How strong is Thornsong normally?

San d'Oria 8-2 :: ZM14 :: PM Storms of Fate :: ToAU 15
                    Want an Optical Hat? 1M (Your cluster) / 2.5M (Cluster suplied). /tell Cesario, Firedevil, or Duong. (Siren)

Comment

Looks like they're really gettin' specific with the merits now. From the screen shot of Summoner Merits, you can add merits to specific Bloodpacts. Man... sounds cool, but doesn't work for me, as I'm primarily a Monk and then a Corsair. Ah.. SE teases badly with this. Any number of abilities to add to Monk... and I can't even think of a possible one....

Only thing I've encountered with Thornsong is the Shadow Dragon in Xarcabard and it was rather weak. 0 dmg. Granted I don't exactly fight it on low lvl jobs. lol.
                      I don't do HNM/Dynamis so no clue if they are used there. How strong is Thornsong normally?
                      In the KSNM, Double Dragonian, you fight a Warrior type Shadow Dragon and a Bard type Shadow Dragon. Killing one powers up the other. Fought a powered up Brd type with Thornsong.... was getting over 100-120 dmg back per hit. As a Monk.... that hurts. I'm sure if Brd could merit Thornsong though, it wouldn't be that strong, but not too bad nonetheless. Kinda like Gallant's Roll for Corsair...

Comment

The BRD in the Double Dragonion BC has Thornsong that does 100 damage every time it gets hit. It once dropped a NIN I went with (that didn't know to expect it) in around 10 seconds.

Something like Lodesong would give BRD/NIN the ability to Gravity kite mobs effectively.

Comment

I'm fairly sure thornsong is a dragon WS, not a BRD song.

Comment

Fine then Feba... crush my dreams ; ;

Must've gotten confused considering that I've seen casting it the most was a Dragon BRD.

Comment

New SMN Blood Pacts { Can I have It } /drool

Wind Blade went right through NIN shadows for 600+ damage (NIN75) when we duo'd Garuda.

It better do that well against exp mobs....

Wind Blade FTW!

Comment

Working...
                              X