Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quests for Blue Mages, Corsairs and Puppetmasters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quests for Blue Mages, Corsairs and Puppetmasters!

Quests for Blue Mages, Corsairs, and Puppetmasters!(07/06/2006)

The artifact and limit break quests for the blue mage, corsair, and puppetmaster jobs will be added in the next version update! More details here.

The version update was scheduled to take place in mid-July, but has been postponed until late July.

The artifact and limit break quests for the blue mage, corsair, and puppetmaster jobs will be added in the next version update. You must have attained a certain level with each job to access its new quests.

New Artifacts

The artifact quests are continuations of the previously available "An Empty Vessel," "Luck of the Draw," and "No Strings Attached" quests. Like the artifact quests for other jobs, there will be three quests for each new job that the player must complete in order to attain the artifact weapon and two pieces of armor.

The other three pieces of artifact armor will not be available in coffers, but instead can be obtained by a new method. The Aht Urhgan areas are for high-level players, and placing coffers in these areas would make the artifact quests significantly more difficult than those for the other jobs.

Limit Break Quests

The NPC Maat, famous or even infamous for his part in previous limit break quests, will not be appearing in the new quests due to his lack of expertise in the jobs of the Near East. Instead, the player will have to battle against important figures for each job in order to breach their innate limits.

You must complete the three artifact quests for each job before attempting its limit break quest.

Double Post Edited:
    I had wondered what they would do about Coffers for Expansion jobs. I wonder what the "new method" is going to be?
    Last edited by Aelathir; 07-07-2006, 07:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Re: Quests for Blue Mages, Corsairs and Puppetmasters!

Cool.

One thing though, aren't there already lvl 75 people with the new jobs already? Will they have to do the limit break quest? What if the new jobs could get to 80 ?

Also, I think this is the first time SE has flat out said "The Aht Urhgan areas are for high-level players"

Comment

Originally posted by Hamlet
      Cool.

One thing though, aren't there already lvl 75 people with the new jobs already? Will they have to do the limit break quest? What if the new jobs could get to 80 ?

Also, I think this is the first time SE has flat out said "The Aht Urhgan areas are for high-level players"
      There are, but I assume those folks who are already level 75 BLU COR or PUP had at least one other job at 75 already (I could be wrong) so they wouldn't have needed to fight Maat anyway.

Comment

Cool.

They're level 75 because they completed Limit Breaks on another job. Once you complete them on any one job, you can level subsequent jobs to 75 without doing it. New jobs won't be able to get to lv80.

Comment

I guess those BLU PUP and COR who aren't yet past 70 are going to have to fight the NPCs from their respective job quests. That's kind of a cool way of doing things. Almost makes me wish that things had always been done that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Aelathir
            I guess those BLU PUP and COR who aren't yet past 70 are going to have to fight the NPCs from their respective job quests. That's kind of a cool way of doing things. Almost makes me wish that things had always been done that way.
            Hmmm. Yeah, it would've been cool to fight the legendary San D red mage elven guy. I'd kick his ass cause I would have way more mp then him lol. Also, I wouldn't have had to deal with ausuran fists in an "even matched" fight or rdm vs rdm.

Comment

Hmmm. Yeah, it would've been cool to fight the legendary San D red mage elven guy. I'd kick his ass cause I would have way more mp then him lol. Also, I wouldn't have had to deal with ausuran fists in an "even matched" fight or rdm vs rdm.
              A RDM in my LS finally beat him on her 27th run. I can't imagine how frustrating that had to be.

Comment

I just cant wait to see what the new methods are :D:D:D And im just so happy blu will be the first job ill bring to 75, since the limit break fight should be damned fun! We'll prolly have to beat the general of the immortals =x
                Only Pure Souls Can Resist The Stain Of Blood.

~Yokho~
                63mnk /63Blu/ ~61 Smn~ /54pld /52rng/46drk/43nin34war/35thf/29whm/18rdm/15drg
                Former beta tester (Yoko)(drk43/mnk36/sam20/war15)

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

That pretty much if I reach lvl 50 around... better forget about getting my AF until I am lvl 70+ something. Time to make some money for Scorpion Harness...I guess.
                  Last edited by Awilo; 07-06-2006, 04:51 AM.

Comment

This is cool, I won't have to fight Maat and my af will be waiting when I make it to the right levels .

Comment

Originally posted by Awilo
                      That pretty much if I reach lvl 50 around... better forget about getting my AF until I am lvl 70+ something. Time to make some money for Scorpion Harness...I guess.
                      Why wait til 70? They specificly said they WONT put coffers in the new areas because it would be too hard, so you WILL be able to get AF at the right levels, its just a new method of getting AFs >.>
                      Only Pure Souls Can Resist The Stain Of Blood.

~Yokho~
                      63mnk /63Blu/ ~61 Smn~ /54pld /52rng/46drk/43nin34war/35thf/29whm/18rdm/15drg
                      Former beta tester (Yoko)(drk43/mnk36/sam20/war15)

Comment

MONKEY NINJA MOD POWARS GO!

:3

Im very curious as to what methods they are coming up with...
                        signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

This looks awesome, you have to fight a figurehead in the job to obtain your last 2 pices of artifact armour? looks nice.

Comment

New AF method: ??? ITEMS! ~_^

Comment

I hope the COR AF does something about roll effects. BRDs still buff better than us
                              The Tao of Ren
                              FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                              Originally posted by Kaeko
                              As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Working...
                              X