This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Besieged Update

Owners of the FINAL FANTASY XI Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion disc will be able to experience a whole new way of doing battle--"Besieged"!

Besieged is a form of Conquest on the new continent of Aradjiah. After creating a new town, the development team decided to utilize the opportunity to implement beastman attacks within the city walls, and thus began the idea of Besieged. We then decided that these invasions were to be a struggle over a single treasure of great power.

The Empire of Aht Urhgan and the beastmen of the western half of the Aradjiah continent are in a constant state of battle over this magnificent treasure--the "Astral Candescence."

Only you can protect the Astral Candescence from the beastman threat by fighting off the savage hordes. If the Astral Candescence should be taken, you must gather your fellow adventurers and storm the beastman strongholds in order to return the Empire's treasure.

So if you thought fighting for control over regions with your fellow adventurers was tough, just wait until you find yourself Besieged by hordes of monsters!

Re: Besieged Update

Awesomme =)

Comment

I'm still not getting what this treasure is, though.

Is this the "physical" manifestation of the Conquest Points? After the treasure is taken by Mobs, the region is under Mob control?

Don't get me wrong, this sounds great and I think should be implimented in every town, whether it be small Gobby Raids, or whatever. I'm just not seeing how this Treasure, that's unclaimable by PC's, is going to affect the enviroment.

Comment

sounds like fun, cant wait for it to come out.

Comment

I wonder what sort of lvl cap will/may be imposed on this event.

Comment

If you look closely at the picture, you will notice a home point crystal in the back. I imagine if you log into the game in the middle of chaos LOL. I wonder if people will actually like having their HP here.. also.. what happens if you are in the AH, assuming there is one, and you get attacked? What if you are in the middle of a bid? Lots of quetions....

What if you are in the middle of a small CS with an NPC and the Beatmen attack?

Any comments guys?

Comment

Well, most likely they wont have the AH in that particular area of the city. And as far as NPC's in the area, it looks a bit like -everyone- in the city picks up a sword to fight, so your event would be interrupted and the NPC would either flee or go to fight too.

Comment

Only a part of the city? Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Now that I think of it... will there even be an AH here? Stabled... etc? So many questions.... how often will this event take place...?

Comment

They've released details already about Al Zhabi being broken down into different sections, with the outermost the part vulnerable to the beastmen attacks.

Also, if you notice in the last picture, you see a Flan and a Moblin.. so we now know that there'll be at least 3 beastmen groups fighting for control of the Astral Candescence. Lamia/Merrow/Undead, Mamool Ja, Trolls/Moblins.

You shouldn't fret and panic about what the Astral Candescence is, basically these besiege missions are like "Capture-the-Flag" sort of missions anyways. And if you're really worried, wait for the Tau Missions and it'll be explained for you.

Comment

Essentially Beseiged and Assault are tied together. When there are more Assault runs, there will be less Beseiged attacks on towns. There are several steps to this of course.
                    Originally posted by http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/ahturhgan/battles/besiege/besieged_allies.html
                    Serpent General: These five generals have been personally charged by the Empress with the defense of Al Zahbi. They are each allowed a name that corresponds with the symbols of the Empire. The Imperial symbols consist of five serpents, each associated with an element--fire, water, earth, wind, and the heavens. Each general possesses a mirror used to open the Hall of Binding, so their protection in battle is crucial.
                    Certain Sections will fall under each General's Command. Protecting the General at all costs, or else that section will be overran by the Mamoo Ja and Puk's (damn I hated those birds/dragonflies, couldn't sleep them for the life of me) and thus pushing our ranks further back to the core of the capital. The Hall of Binding holds the Astral Candescence, which is like the Crystal or power core of the city.

My question is, if we set our home point in Jeuno, then go to Al Zahbi, and during Beseige we die, if we home point would we go back to Jeuno? When I was playing the demo of Beseige, when we hit the Home Point button, we would be warped back to the area we first started when the Mamool Ja first invaded the town. I wonder if there will be a Temporary Home Point during Beseiged. (They didn't last too long, I guess since it was just a demo it was a very short attack, and when the attack was finished the Beastmen's Black mage would cast Escape and get all of their Mamool Ja out.)
                    Last edited by Omniblast; 03-27-2006, 12:37 PM. Reason: Spelling and Gramatical Errors
                    Hacked on 9/9/09
                    FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

It definatley sounds interesting! We shall wait and see how it turns out!

Comment

Cool !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkhound
                          What if you are in the middle of a small CS with an NPC and the Beatmen attack?
                          Nothing would happen. So long as you're in a cutscene, you can't be touched by monsters, or spells. Although teleport/escape/warp II seems to stick...it just doesn't take effect until they finish the cutscene.

I found that out when somebody in my party on CoP teleported out next to me while I was still in the cutscene. A few minutes later I finished the cutscene and it took me to the crag.
                          Generic Info!

Comment

cool. guess thats a heads up.
                            Woot!
                            Dying in the city.

I AM VENCE, of Remora! Remember It!

Comment

Working...
                            X