X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synthesis Changes

Synthesis Recipes

The following changes and additions will be made to synthesis recipes and items in the upcoming version update.

-Synthesis
    In the previous version update, a special cooking ability was added to the key items available for purchase with guild points. Several new special synthesis skills such as this one are scheduled to make their debut in the February version update, along with all-new synthesis recipes.

Let's take a look at some of the new key items and synthesis goods.

-Key Item
    -Concoction
    An alchemy skill that allows the creation of solid medicine drops that have the same effects as their liquid equivalents.

Items that can be created through synthesis:

Smithing
    - adaman kris

Goldsmithing
    - shield plaque

Clothcraft
    - Royal Squire's robe +1

-Changes to Synthesis Recipes
    Changes will be made to the skills and items required for certain synthesis recipes. Please visit the relevant guild after the version update to find out more.

Affected synthesis recipes:

Clothcraft
    - Yasha Sune-Ate
    - Field Tunica
    - Trader's Saio

Leathercraft
    - Raptor Helm
    - Wise Gloves
    - Seer's Pumps

Cooking
    - Dried Marjoram
    - Dried Mugwort
    - Carbonara
    - Bataquiche
    - Green Quiche
    - Windurst Taco
    - Tavnazian Taco

-Changes to Item Stack Numbers
    The stack number for items used in the creation of arrows and bolts has been increased from 12 to 99. Several new synthesis recipes will be introduced to allow for greater quantities of these items to be created at one time, however the number created by existing recipes will remain the same.

-Items that will have their stack number increased:
    beetle arrowheads/ horn arrowheads/ scorpion arrowheads/ demon arrowheads/ poison arrowheads/ sleep arrowheads/ karimata arrowheads/ fang arrowheads/ armored arrowheads/ gold arrowheads/ platinum arrowheads/ stone arrowheads/ bone arrowheads/ iron arrowheads/ silver arrowheads/ fire arrowheads/ ice arrowheads/ lightning arrowheads/ bronze bolt heads/ mythril bolt heads/ darksteel bolt heads/ blind bolt heads/ acid bolt heads/ holy bolt heads/ venom bolt heads/ bloody bolt heads/ sleep bolt heads/ chocobo fletchings/ Yagudo fletchings
    Last edited by Pai Pai Master; 02-03-2006, 09:17 AM.

Re: Synthesis Changes

Wonder why they didn't change the stack number for ninja tools as well . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Zempten
      Wonder why they didn't change the stack number for ninja tools as well . . . . .
      Didn't they allow items to be bundled up together already?

Like you wanna pay 3 million for a 12 stack of bundled 99 stack of shihei.
      Hacked on 9/9/09
      FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/4343

+1 and +2 are outside area control INT+2 and INT+3

more for BLM and RDM
        Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
        Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

Thanks Kafeen

Moved to the main page.
          PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
          Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
          WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
          Currently Playing:
          FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Omniblast
            Didn't they allow items to be bundled up together already?

Like you wanna pay 3 million for a 12 stack of bundled 99 stack of shihei.
            So true....so true!!

Still it will be an interesting udate!
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Its says that the Supplies to make them will be stackable.

Chocobo Fletching 99

Stone Arrowheads 99

etc

That would be a Whole lot of arrows if the amount or Arrowwood carryable increased as well, but as is it does safe on inventory space for crafters
              Craft Levels Updated 2/27/06

Will get higher.

Fishing 11
              Woodworking 21.5
              Smithing 0.1
              GoldSmithing 1
              Clothcraft 4
              LeatherCraft 0
              BoneCraft 2
              Alchemy 7
              Cooking 7.8
              Lu Shangs Completion 429/10,000

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Hmmm, maybe I read it wrong.

What I thought it said was 12 stacks of 99 would now be 99 stacks of 99

So I was thinking 12 stacks of 99 shihei, would now be 99 stacks of 99 shihei.

Comment

Items used to make the arrow and bolt heads will now stack to 99 instead of just 12. I read this to be HOLY SHIT, 12 demon arrowheads are 200k, 99 demon arrowheads 2m. Hope those new crafts to make them make it cost the same. Ofcourse knowing Fairy crafters, I doubt it will.

EDIT: Just noticed, they only show that choco and yag fletchings are going to 99. But not insect (for scorps), blk. choco (for bodkin and demon), or giant bird (for kabura). Hope those are part of the deal, or this is a somewhat rather worthless change for later lvl crafters and rangers.
                  If it is just their oversight and they are being changed as well, it could be the answer for rangers who've been asking for years to make scorps and other higher lvl arrows quiverable.
                  Last edited by Caspian; 02-03-2006, 06:31 PM.
                  I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Personally I'm not sure how to feel about this yet. As a bone crafter I level on arrowheads a fair bit, they're already a loss maker, if I got to make 99 instead of 12 now this could make things alot harder.

At the moment I'm on Horn Arrowheads, 9k for a horn to get 6 arrowheads, a stack of 12 sells for 6-8k last time I sold some. I don't know if its woodworkers making a mint off us or rangers getting cheap arrows but bone crafters are sure getting shafted.

I just hope the new increased output synths work out cheaper.

Comment

Back when I was levelling boneworking on my server, horn arrowheads (among other arrowheads) were pretty high considering what I could yield and sell for. Maybe boneworkers were losing money, but I was as well.

Corwynn's Journal

Red Mage for life.

What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?

Comment

rofl 99 beetle arrowheads, it costs like 40-60k on ragnarok to get a stack of beetle jaws, and even fecking bone chip stacks are like 10k ... and for the killer !!! a stack of beetle arrowheads is 2,000....... hmm whats the loss on that? too much for me to count. Of coruse thats being lazy and not farming bone chips or beetle jaws, not to mention the guild is always camped.

Maybe 99beetle arrowheads will go for some astronomical number, so that us bonecrafters can break even........

just my thoughts!
                        Windurst Rank: 6
                        Main Job: BLU
                        All others:
                        THF: 60 - BRD 57 - NIN: 31 - WAR: 38

Comment

Or maybe it will only take twice as much raw material to make 33 as it does to make 12 now. (Probably you won't synth a whole 99 at once except as an HQ, same as finished arrows or ninja tools.) They're not just changing the stack number, but changing the recipes too...

I expect the net result will be more arrows per beetle jaw or other raw material. That may or may not result in more profit/less loss for crafters.

What's really interesting is that even with COR right around the corner, there appears to be no change in bullets... maybe that will come in April and they are testing the waters with the arrow changes now.
                          Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                          RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                          All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

I've been able to break even on most arrows, and even make a little bit on ds bolts so far as a WW'ing ranger. Now, demons and bodkins I'm about to get bent over. I'm hoping the new recipes use a slightly increased number to make a much higher percentage of arrowheads and fletchings. And that they call for items that have a pretty static cost due to other recipes they're used in. I'd hate for it to suddenly become much cheaper to make arrows, just so the people who sell the items for the new recipes to just jack prices astronomically. It all remains to be seen I suppose.
                            I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Does anyone have any idea why SE won't make Juices stackable?

It would make things really convienient, instead of having a cramped inventory space, trying to fit in all my exp gear and juice.

Comment

Working...
                              X