This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to the Dragoon Job

In the next version update, major changes are scheduled for the dragoon two-hour ability.

The development team does not consider the dragoon to be particularly weak when compared to other jobs, but we are aware that a large part of a dragoon's strength depends on the presence of his or her wyvern. After taking into account the wyvern's tendency to be quickly defeated in heated battles, and the dragoon's lack of a powerful special ability for use in missions and other critical situations, it was decided that improvements were necessary.

Simply raising the wyvern's HP and defense to increase its survivability would cause balance issues in other parts of the game. However, it was judged that improving the dragoon's two-hour ability would have less of an impact on overall balance, and so the following changes have been planned for the upcoming version update:

-New two-hour ability
    The dragoon will be imbued with the strength of his or her wyvern for a fixed length of time, increasing the dragoon's power and adding special effects to "Jump" abilities.

-Call Wyvern
    The recast time for this ability will be reduced to twenty minutes. This ability will only be available when the main job is set to dragoon.

-Wyvern
    Wyverns will now have the equivalent of the job trait "Subtle Blow," reducing the amount of TP gained by opponents from the wyvern's attacks.

More details will be announced at the time of the version update.

FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team (11/22/2005)

PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
    Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
    Currently Playing:
    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Re: Changes to the Dragoon Job

/panic /dance ^^ my little Qiqiru wont be so hard to keep around anymores /cheer!
    ~Aquelia
    TaruPrime Powah!
    Chocobo Raising Diary: http://aquelia.waltzforariah.com

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I was like *OMFG THIS GUY IS LIEING!* but this really MADE MY FUCKING DAY! :O
      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Holy Crap On A Stick!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

Dude i thought he was pulling my leg too! >< Omg this is awesome..20minutes..now THATS MUCH MUCH better. o.o

Comment

Dragoon Update! (Official)

From www.playonline.com/ff11us

In the next version update, major changes are scheduled for the dragoon two-hour ability.

The development team does not consider the dragoon to be particularly weak when compared to other jobs, but we are aware that a large part of a dragoon's strength depends on the presence of his or her wyvern. After taking into account the wyvern's tendency to be quickly defeated in heated battles, and the dragoon's lack of a powerful special ability for use in missions and other critical situations, it was decided that improvements were necessary.

Simply raising the wyvern's HP and defense to increase its survivability would cause balance issues in other parts of the game. However, it was judged that improving the dragoon's two-hour ability would have less of an impact on overall balance, and so the following changes have been planned for the upcoming version update:

-New two-hour ability
            The dragoon will be imbued with the strength of his or her wyvern for a fixed length of time, increasing the dragoon's power and adding special effects to "Jump" abilities.

-Call Wyvern
            The recast time for this ability will be reduced to twenty minutes. This ability will only be available when the main job is set to dragoon.

-Wyvern
            Wyverns will now have the equivalent of the job trait "Subtle Blow," reducing the amount of TP gained by opponents from the wyvern's attacks.

More details will be announced at the time of the version update.

FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team (11/22/2005)
            I'm not a DRG so there's not much reason for me to post this here but for you DRGs ... you must be thrilled. Now you can never, ever say that SE does not listen.

Comment

Re: Dragoon Update! (Official)

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51644

Looks like its going to be make either a huge upset or a big comeback for the job. But so far, i think its looking good and things can take a huge 180 turn if done correctly.

Comment

OMFG!!
                LUSHNESS
                20 MINUTES!!! O.o

Sooo happy *thankz S-E*

Comment

Sounds great for the drg's. I think that was actually something that had been discussed on another thread in this forum.
                  Congrats DRG's!
                  Now I guess its just time to wait to see the 50 naysayers all leveling DRG now, lol.
                  Grats guys, GL.
                  I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

This thread has been merged with the Dragoon Update thread posted in the Main News section a few minutes earlier.

Have a good day!
                    PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                    Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                    Currently Playing:
                    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

wow that is so cool. <Congratulations!> <Dragoons>!!! I know alot of people that will be very, VERY happy because of this.
                      I seek the history of this world, Vana'diel. All of its legends, all of its secrets await me.
                      My search will continue until I know the truth.

Comment

Nice ^_^ cant wait!!!

Comment

I wonder what kind of power the wyvern can imbune to the DRG... morph into bahamut for 30 seconds? o.O
                          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

nah that would just be like OMFFFFGGGGGG!!!! to the max everyone would want to level DRG then...

Comment

Purely supposition. but I would think it would mainly be extra attack. Maybe 50% of the attack your wyvern normally does? Effects might be similar to WAR's Mighty Strikes 2hr.
                              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Working...
                              X