• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blitz Buffalo

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news5285.shtml

Quote:
    Aug. 19, 2005 01:00 [PDT]

Blitz Buffalo

Did you enjoy the Sunbreeze Festival, kupo?
    We expected it to bring cool breezes to Vana'diel, but somehow it's as hot as ever.

But I have good news, kupo!
    The M.H.M.U. has come up with yet another cool festival to beat the heat--"Blitz Buffalo"!

You all know about buffalos, right?
    They're big, black beasts that inhabit the Uleguerand Range. We moogles were able to move them to areas outside of several nations using special magic, kupo!
    Eh? Did you just grumble something about "troublemakers"? That word isn't in our moogle vocabulary, kupo.

Anyway, now is your time to shine, adventurers! Chase down the buffalos and snag the red sashes from their horns! Let the Beastmen bask in the wisdom and courage of the nations, kupo!

However...take care, kupo.
    The buffalos have grown rather upset watching the red sashes swaying from their horns. Sometimes you may start running after a buffalo, only to end up being the one chased! You wouldn't want to be sent flying into the clouds, would you? On the other hand, the breeze up there might be rather refreshing...if you live to enjoy it, kupo...

So, do you have enough courage to provoke one of the giant beasts? What's that? "It sounds extremely dangerous"? Don't worry--you'll be fine! Live for the moment, right, kupo?

Live on the edge...kupo...

Actually, we moogles gave the event a trial run ourselves and had a blast!
    The sweat around our ears and the pounding of our chests during the hunt... It was a real rush, kupo!

Facing the blood-chilling glare of the buffalo...knowing what must be done... Ohhh, it makes me shiver just thinking about it, kupo!

That relieved gasp of freedom after barely escaping a buffalo's enraged charge...then turning back to seize the chance... I...I just can't take this anticipation, kupo!

Um, anyway! J-just make sure to participate!
    Well then... Until next time, kupo!!!

[Event Details]
    This event is scheduled to commence on August 25, 2005 at 17:00, and will last until September 5, 2005 at 0:00 (PDT).

[Event Locations]
    - Southern San d'Oria
    - Northern San d'Oria
    - Bastok Mines
    - Bastok Markets
    - Windurst Waters
    - Windurst Woods

Double Post Edited:
    Chasing Buffalos? I'm not sure what to make of this event...
    Last edited by fastcart; 08-19-2005, 12:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Title: Sergeant Major
    SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
    Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
    Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
    Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Re: Blitz Buffalo

lol, sounds like fun XD
    WAR75/ MNK45/ WHM38/ RDM6/ DRG13/ RNG42/ BLM21/ THF45 /SAM22 /NIN53 /BRD64 /DRK11 /SMN12/BST28/ PLD13/18 BLU/17 COR/1 PUP

"The man all the ladies want."

Comment

Yeeeee-Hawwwww!

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

i wonder what the crappy event item is <.< prolly a cape or something maybe? like a toreador :O
        WAR75/ MNK45/ WHM38/ RDM6/ DRG13/ RNG42/ BLM21/ THF45 /SAM22 /NIN53 /BRD64 /DRK11 /SMN12/BST28/ PLD13/18 BLU/17 COR/1 PUP

"The man all the ladies want."

Comment

I can't wait to play with this.. i'll have likea day or 2 to play before i leave on the 27th.
          At least our money is goin somewhere... they're really tryin to keep us busy
          (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ====【†】 BIBLE FIGHT !
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Akai
            i wonder what the crappy event item is <.< prolly a cape or something maybe? like a toreador :O
            Hmm, what item haven't we seen yet from the last update?

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Taken from a Gamefaqs poster

Rewards:
              Red Sash
              Level: 1
              Defense: 0
              Rare/Ex
              Enmity +1
              Waist

Dash Sash
              Level: 1
              Defense: 0
              Enmity +2
              Waist
              "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Raphael's Rod Yes, please.

Prolly not since it's lvl 75.

I haven't seen Spelunker's Hat and Cordial Invite either. But most likely, Red Sash, Dash Sash, and maybe Ninurta's Sash (lvl 75 tho) will be involved?

Double Post Edited:
                Ziero beat me. ;;
                Last edited by fastcart; 08-19-2005, 08:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major

Comment

hmm, the sashes make sense to "provoke" the buffalo considering the +enmity and all, but I don't think that would be the reward. they sound more like the tools a la wooden katana from the samurai event. then again, we really didn't get a reward from that one either... it was sure fun though

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

We got stuff from the katana event. candy that turned pcs into boys of various races.

Comment

oh right, how could i ever forget

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Ninurta's Sash sounds too good to be true . . .

Comment

and Cordial Invite either.
                          you know what I think that is for? the only way to be able to become a jeunoan. . . & its ex/rare & you can only get it by getting rnk 10 for the third time =P

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

I cant wait for it, doubt the rewards will be more than the two sashes and some fireworks.

Comment

well, It should be something other than Fireworks, because theyve had it for the summerfest

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X