Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25th Anniversary Translation (MASSIVE CHANGES ON THE WAY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25th Anniversary Translation (MASSIVE CHANGES ON THE WAY)

Translation of the talk show of Final Fantasy 25th event

Originally posted by TenraiNagi:

Translation of the talk show of Final Fantasy 25th event

I would like to put a simple translation I made of the talk show that happened during the Final Fantasy 25th event in Japan. It's mostly bullet points of the most important things that were said, and some of their conversations! I know that it would be translated and posted, but I also know that it would take some time... ^^

This is not a perfect translation. So please don't hold it against me if I have mistranslated something...
    Ok let's start:

Server and Engine
    • The lighting system is very advanced and allows for complex lighting effects, not only during the day but at night and in dungeons as well.
    • It was very challenging to port FFXIV:ARR to the PS3 due to low memory issues, but they did their best to optimize it the best way possible.
    • Load times and character movements are real time now, and the responsiveness of the game to the player’s actions has been improved a lot.
    • Multi Data centers: At the moment, there is only one data center in Japan, and all players are connected to it. Now they are making more data centers around the world to improve the server response. Players will still be able to play with everyone regardless of regions. This is just for the convenience of players not in Japan.
    • More flexible world transfers
    • Addition of communication support function
    • The engine can tolerate the new PvP design (It’s not forcefully done)
    • The servers can handle more players in one place as compared to before (was 400-500 players at a time, now around 1000). And for the mobs, it could handle 600mobs at a time and now it’s up to 2000. This will greatly affect the player’s experience, so they’re really happy about it.

Quests and Main quests
    • A great number of quests have been added. The aim of these quests is to level, explore the world, story progression among other things.

Host: These quests are all good for your first class/ job, but what about your second and third? What if you ran out of quests?
    Yoshi-p: Of course we are going to provide a large number of quests. But beside that we will keep on adding more, and there are other still unannounced contents, and others to be enjoyed with the public, such as NM’s, they are all being prepared. I hope that players don’t stay in one place doing the same things, but would rather they try many different contents and level in the process.
    Host: But what about people who are already level 50?
    Yoshi-p: They can look forward to the high level content we announced, and there are still some unannounced contents, such as raids, and new classes, chocobo raising, and other stuff. The amount of instanced dungeons is going to increase. There is going to be a level limit, but since we are adding level sync, which will allow level 50 players to go down to the required level of the content, players can group up with new players and do content together. And of course many high level dungeons are going to be added so please look forward to them.
    • For the main quests; it’s the same world but different. Since it’s now going through the 7th Umbral Era, and with the new game system, these have to be reflected in the game, and as a result it became completely different.
    • Parley has been taken out of the main quests (not sure about this one).
    • The general progression of main quests is, you do a couple of quests then fight a strong boss to be able to continue with your story. This will add a true sense of progression of RPG games. And with level sync this is going to improve the experience for all the players. Unlike currently in the game when people challenge the “weak” ifrit, it’s as if watching a cutscene and there is no actuall fight.
    • A quest progression system has been added. And there is an “objectives” tab to make it easier to track you progression through these quests.

Sound and Music
    • Quest cutscenes will have Japanese VO not only English. The players will be able to change the audio language to any of the languages. The languages supported are Japanese, English, French and German.
    • The way music plays is going to change.

Battle
    • The first thing you’re going to notice when you try out the battle system is the tempo, and how speedy it got.
    • Handling TP is going to change. In the current version the player had to fight to generate TP, but it changed to be similar to MP where you start the battle with full TP. The main reason to make it that way was due to PvP.
    • We have 3 types of actions: abilities, weapon skills, and magic. Currently abilities have a recast timer on them, while weapon skills and magic have TP and MP requirements respectively along with an added recast timer. However, in FFXIV:ARR the abilities will stay the same, while the weapon skills and magic will only require TP or MP. Obviously this will affect the speed of battle greatly.
    • Combos as well have been modified. Since in PvP it is going to be very difficult with the positioning requirements, players will feel like they are being punished for doing combos. So only the first move will require positioning (not sure about magic) while the rest of the combo will only require TP/ MP to be executed.
    • The parameters and stats and their formulas have been changed to be much simpler to understand. But still it would be very interesting so please look forward to it.

Fan Questions

Host: How will we fight together with our chocobo’s?
    Yoshi-p: You call it, a menu appears, select “fight together”. That’s it.
    Host: what about colors?
    Yoshi-p: We are thinking about various things.
    Host: We can jump now! But what about flying and swimming?
    Yoshi-p: I am more towards flying at the moment. Since it’s a Final Fantasy, and having airships and going to the skies sounds like a really nice idea to me. But this is all too soon to talk about.
    Host: Other than meteor what can we expect as limit breaks?
    Yoshi-p: Tifa’s… Tifa’s… Tifa’s…
    Host: Will Excalibur and Masamune appear as weapons?
    Yoshi-p: Of course I’m thinking of addind Excalibur when the time is right, but Masamune will come when the Samurai or Ninja jobs are introduced to the game.

Arcanist and Summoner
    It’s the same as what I posted in the relevant thread regarding both of them, but I’ll just add the little comments and teases they made.
    • Please look forward to the auto-attack motion. (Throws the book?)
    • The players will be able to craft the books and they will have recipes. The class that crafts them is of course… can’t tell right now.
    • Summoners will not have carbuncle as a pet, but they’ll be using the primals as their source of power. However, not the primals themselves but they’ll use only a part of a primals strength. “A pet that the primals power dwells in” are Matsui’s exact words if I wasn’t mistaken.
    • The summoners will be able to borrow the power of 4 primals (this is what is planned till now, and could be expanded later on). The ones that are confirmed right now are Ifrit, and Garuda.

Thank you very much and hope you enjoyed it
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Re: 25th Anniversary Translation (MASSIVE CHANGES ON THE WAY)

Quest cutscenes will have Japanese VO not only English. The players will be able to change the audio language to any of the languages.
    Win.
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Did you read the full thing? No Spanish Ray

The biggest shocker to me was the removal of recasts entirely for Weaponskills and Spells (along with no more TP decay as seen in the demo video)

That's going to dramatically alter strategies. I also think we're going to start seeing much tougher NMs as a result - either that, or people will really have to be wary of their enmity. Stock up on -enmity Materia while you can lol, I have a good feeling it's going to sky rocket in value under this new spam-friendly system.
      sigpic

Comment

Doood. All this sounds awesome.

After playing GW2, I'm honestly excited about this tidbit. "the aim of these quests is to level, explore the world, story progression among other things". I doubt it will be handled the same way, but I can hope. They spend so much time creating these beautiful worlds, I like the idea of getting rewarded for exploring it.

Comment

Yoshi-p: They can look forward to the high level content we announced, and there are still some unannounced contents, such as raids, and new classes, chocobo raising, and other stuff. The amount of instanced dungeons is going to increase. There is going to be a level limit, but since we are adding level sync, which will allow level 50 players to go down to the required level of the content, players can group up with new players and do content together. And of course many high level dungeons are going to be added so please look forward to them.
          This worries me really. I don't have anything at 50 so how would I catch up to the people who already have multiple or even all 50's who can just start going through the new content from the start? What incentive is there for people to rerun endgame content they've cleared and got their gear from when newer players get there?

What I am trying to say is what is going to be in place to stop newer players from being completely frozen out due to no one being willing to help them like pre Abyssea FFXI and Burning Crusade era WoW? The people who didn't have Sky access or Sea access or had assaults cleared or Nyzul Isle levels or Salvage access would be completely locked out and unable to catch up to the people there from the start. While the people there from the start just keep pulling further and further ahead in progression and equipment.
          Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
          Reiko Takahashi
          - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Friends, lol?

Think about how much worse it is right now without level synch. What incentive was there for ppl in FFXI to back and do older content they've already cleared? Generally none. But that's why this is a social game - to make friends and help out & have fun together So relax, lol.

I'm actually more worried about the pace of leveling. Currently (at least for DoW and DoM) it's a pretty fast climb to 50, and Yoshi P says this is intentional. But with the change from grinding to questing, does this mean quest EXP is going to be huge? What about crafters and gatherers? We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

I'm not 100% in favor of the TP change either. Now, I do like that TP doesn't decay anymore that's fine, I've always felt that was retarded since you kept it in XI as well unless you zoned. But starting off every fight with full TP as well? And this is done because of PvP? That just seems like a shitty excuse to me - couldn't they have just added in specific parameters that take effect only during PvP? Again, we'll have to see how it goes. I do like this change, I just wonder how it's going to affect the balance of the game. BLM is basically going to be able to annihilate mobs (and blow all their MP in an instant rofl).
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah I know that, I was just voicing some concerns that's all. but the game's still in Alpha so there's plenty of things that can change between now and paid beta release.
              Reiko Takahashi
              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Friends, lol?

Think about how much worse it is right now without level synch. What incentive was there for ppl in FFXI to back and do older content they've already cleared? Generally none. But that's why this is a social game - to make friends and help out & have fun together So relax, lol.
                It's been said before but getting people for CoP was like pulling teeth. You had to schedule 4 hour outings, hope everyone does the fucking prereq cutscenes BEFORE the scheduled time, and spend a non-trivial amount of money on meds and boss items. What did you get out of it? A handful of EXP? Please. Even if you had friends that wanted to help you, you might not have had 5 friends that could all agree on a schedule.

The only way to have group-based content that works for beginners is to have a low barrier of entry and a reward for re-dos. If you told me a CoP mission will last at most 1 hour and 30 minutes including the travel time to the god-forsaken corner of Vana'diel they decided to stick today's CoP zone in, AND I could actually improve my gear in some meaningful way, I'd have been WAY more inclined to join a stranger's CoP party.

Comment

Which is why Abyssea really breathed a ton of life back into the game. Everything you do there progresses you in some way whether it's getting merits, working on gear upgrades/sidegrades or picking up some stuff for a job you are levelling.

Also CoP will still kick your arse even at 99 if you just go in blindly. The following fights WILL destroy you solo if you just charge straight in, lack burst damage, don't bring items or all of the above:

Promy - Mea
                  Diabolos
                  Promy - Vahzl
                  Mithran Trackers can cause problems if you don't have any self healing or AoE Sleep.
                  Snoll Tzar
                  Airship Fight
                  Tenzen Fight
                  Pretty much every story fight that takes place inside Sea if you aren't a SAM, SMN, BST or NIN
                  Reiko Takahashi
                  Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                    This worries me really. I don't have anything at 50 so how would I catch up to the people who already have multiple or even all 50's who can just start going through the new content from the start?
                    You won't be alone Fire, think of the huge influx of players that are either waiting for 2.0 or the players waiting for the PS3 release. There will be a ton of new players. Ignore Mal, he knows you don't have friends.
                    75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                    RANK 10 Bastok
                    CoP: Done
                    ZM: Done
                    ToA: Done
                    Assault rank: Captain
                    Campaign Medal: Medals
                    Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                    This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
                      he knows you don't have friends.
                      Reiko Takahashi
                      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                        Present company excluded of course...
                        75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                        RANK 10 Bastok
                        CoP: Done
                        ZM: Done
                        ToA: Done
                        Assault rank: Captain
                        Campaign Medal: Medals
                        Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                        This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

•It was very challenging to port FFXIV:ARR to the PS3 due to low memory issues, but they did their best to optimize it the best way possible.
                          PS3 LIMITATION

/pre-emptivegodwin
                          /lolwinthread

Stop scaring me. You sound like J9. Including the mews ... I'm thinking you're one and the same.

As for quests and multiple jobs/classes, look people, it's really simple. If you're going to want to be known as "Gulkeeva of Hades, Maat Hero", then that means that: (a) you've got no fucking life (b) you're going to get it with or without quests (c) you're losing precious game time whining about it - go fucking level already.

Battle and experience from monsters are in indirect proportion to each other. The faster you kill the monster, the less experience you should get and vice versa. This is simply a reflection on the lack of a meaningful manner in which to provide a speed barrier to buy developers time for new content and as well as reduce the number of people just fuck-squatting in capital cities eating up precious bandwidth and causing all sorts of lag and trolling chat channels like they have nothing better to do (which might very well be the case if the game is too easy)

I actually prefer the PSO manner in which you focus more and action and quest and less on power leveling. People who are always wanting to "race" to the top are going to get there first no matter what they do so they should avoid listening to those people. They should first make sure that those who are in it to enjoy the game fully rather than just enjoy the upper 10% of the content will have the best experience possible. Entertaining and engaging should not be the sole monopoly of a very few "elite, hard core" gamers. It should be for everyone - from the very casual on up.

Unfortunately, no one has figured out a sure fire way to do this, so they end up being like Blizzard. Give everyone ponies right at level 1 and churn out terribad content very, very quickly, kind of like how you get shitty food at fast food joints. It's fast and hot, who cares, right? As long as you don't mind the extra 300 lbs. you're lugging around.

Comment

>.> I have "kitty" outbursts because I periodically get really hyper (and also years of wanting to do it when I was playing an elf instead of a cat lol) as a result of emotionally crippling depression...

With J9... well I have no idea if J9 is even human.

Also not really sure what you're mad/annoyed at here - I was only stating my curiosity as to what kind of EXP we can expect from questing, as in large lump sums or lesser amounts from multiple, shorter quests - kinda had enough of that already with guild leves tyvm.
                            sigpic

Comment

They confirm Ninja and J9 isn't here to mew all over everything. My day is incomplete.

Comment

Working...
                              X