2.0 Updated Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.0 Updated Details

So I was just curious and decided to look at the 2.0 outline PDF again and it seems they've actually updated it to reflect current & newly announced upcoming changes.

Check it out

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/dow...Outline_EN.pdf

Seems gear-swapping is coming back (ugh) but it's going to be automated... WTF?
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Re: 2.0 Updated Details

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    Seems gear-swapping is coming back (ugh) but it's going to be automated... WTF?
    I looked through that PDF from front to back and didn't see any mention of this. Are you just assuming it will be implemented? Where did you see that?

Assuming that it is true, then look carefully at that word you used, "automated". It could be a mistranslation. In any event, gear swapping may not be the same as in FFXI, especially if you're still locked from doing so in combat. How can it be "automated"? Maybe they meant, simplified, like the way it is done in World of Warcraft, through a macro like system in which you have "gear sets" and you can save those sets to a macro (using a drag and drop system, which 2.0 is boasting to have) and that you can easily change gear sets on the fly w/ little to no lag (improvements made to the server in 2.0)

I am feeling very good that Yoshi-P is using the current system as a testing bed for new ways of approaching to some problems and/or just gathering data for 2.0 ... the new game will basically share more in common with WoW/Rift than it will with FFXI, especially with the addition of player supported add-ons, UI customizations and drag n' drop and more dynamic actions (i.e., being able to jump, for example) which were promised (and still on track for ) 2.0 ...

Comment

the Page starting with the words REBUILD UI SYSTEM is where you'll find it... although it seems a little more vague than Mal is letting on. The wording looks like this:

・An auto gear change system designed specifically to work with the Armoury

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
      99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
      99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

So I'm confused. Is 2.0 launching in January or soon after they distribute it in October?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Etra View Post
          So I'm confused. Is 2.0 launching in January or soon after they distribute it in October?
          http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/dow...Roadmap_EN.pdf

According to the roadmap, after January 2013, assuming their closed beta is met with success and the software is stable on the PS3. I don't look at these things necessarily with rose-tinted glasses like SE would like you to do, because as the past have indicated, unforeseen things can derail a major project, even by weeks, if not days.

I would put their ability to get 2.0 to PC users by the end of October at around 70%, give or take 5% ... and that may increase or decrease depending on 1.23 and "beta" testing.

As for getting 2.0 out to PS3 users by January 2013 (any day of that month), I would put it closer to 40%, factoring in "past promises", ironing out development issues and then incorporating any fix or changes from the PC 2.0 release and retesting these in the PS3 client. It's almost a guarantee that 2.0 will be out for the PS3 before the end of first quarter 2013, however.

Comment

they are going to start publicly testing it around Oct I believe, and then in Jan the final retail release of 2.0 is launched.

What's bizzare is that they aren't going to finalize some of the things like the server changes and new character models until roughly march...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
              they are going to start publicly testing it around Oct I believe, and then in Jan the final retail release of 2.0 is launched.

What's bizzare is that they aren't going to finalize some of the things like the server changes and new character models until roughly march...
              Which I think is either a typo or a mistake. Those need to be fleshed out and sorted BEFORE everything else, considering that would greatly impact a lot of players. Unless they allow a one-time FREE character change, like the kind of service they have in other MMORPGs (FFXI never had this service)

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                the Page starting with the words REBUILD UI SYSTEM is where you'll find it... although it seems a little more vague than Mal is letting on. The wording looks like this:

・An auto gear change system designed specifically to work with the Armoury
                It sounds like it is going to let you save your current gear set for your class so if you switch and than have to switch back, all your stuff doesn't keep getting unequipped.

I don't think SE would bring back gear swapping from FFXI.
                Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                Reiko Takahashi
                - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                  It sounds like it is going to let you save your current gear set for your class so if you switch and than have to switch back, all your stuff doesn't keep getting unequipped.

This is what it means, they are adding an automated way to change all your gear when you change classes &/or jobs. SE said in one of their interview thingies, that they where not bringing gear swapping into FFXIV ever.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

For those that are interested in gear swapping mid combat check out this little macro. This particular macro is for BRD to macro-ing in AF for casting songs however it can easily be modified to allow gear swapping before a Combo.

Even with a total of 8 seconds waiting the TP loss is minimal (one hundred-ish TP) for BRD. As a melee say, Monk, you would have even less time waiting for your combo as they are all instant use abilities so you would probably loose no TP at all by doing this.

/battlemode off
                    /wait 1
                    /equip body "Choral Shirt"
                    /wait 1
                    /action "Ballad of Magi" <me>
                    /wait 6
                    /equip body "Darklight Corselet"
                    /battlemode on
                    Last edited by Dux; 05-03-2012, 12:32 AM.
                    - Never Underestimate The Power Of A Duck!
                    Dux Dux, Lallafel, Odin
                    My Profile On Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Dux View Post
                      For those that are interested in gear swapping mid combat check out this little macro. This particular macro is for BRD to macro-ing in AF for casting songs however it can easily be modified to allow gear swapping before a Combo.

Even with a total of 8 seconds waiting the TP loss is minimal (one hundred-ish TP) for BRD. As a melee say, Monk, you would have even less time waiting for your combo as they are all instant use abilities so you would probably loose no TP at all by doing this.
                      This won't work if you're in a party and other members are engaged/in combat. If you are still able to, then this is a bug and must be reported (should not be exploited)

Comment

I use it in Garuda all the time. As far as I can tell this isn't a bug, I have never seen SE say you can't change gear they only specified weapons.
                        - Never Underestimate The Power Of A Duck!
                        Dux Dux, Lallafel, Odin
                        My Profile On Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post

THIS.
                          75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                          RANK 10 Bastok
                          CoP: Done
                          ZM: Done
                          ToA: Done
                          Assault rank: Captain
                          Campaign Medal: Medals
                          Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                          This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

That's definitely a bug as once you have incurred enmity that's it - no gear swapping until you are off the shit list entirely.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dux View Post
                              I use it in Garuda all the time. As far as I can tell this isn't a bug, I have never seen SE say you can't change gear they only specified weapons.
                              No, this is definitely a bug. I tried to switch gear before (i.e., rings) and the game won't let me. You also said only on Garuda and not Ifrit or anywhere else, which means that the encounter is bugged. It means that you're exploiting a particular mechanic to get the desired result (i.e., it's during the phase where Garuda drops combat and disappears for a short time before reappearing on another part of the map) If it works on a narrow opportunity, then it should not be misconstrued as working as intended. It needs to be valid throughout the game on a consistent basis.

Comment

Working...
                              X