Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things I'm waiting for:

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Freelancer
    replied
    Re: Things I'm waiting for:

    Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by awesomeOmnislashing View Post
    What If I were waiting for "things that should already be there" to be put into the game? just joking

    devil's advocate:
    I could probably sit here and list off a lot of stuff that would make a video game super awesome, but in reality I am still waiting to see if they can even get to that stage. A lot of development stops at what is expected by the genre or the community. I think WOW suffers from this, and ends up being a super cookie-cutter version of an MMO. After gaming MMOs since I was in high school ( now 23) I just expect more. Maybe I do because I think I would be able to design something fun or intuitive. Maybe I just expect people to be more creative and intelligent with their work. If FFXIV finishes fixing the mess of a game they released, they still have a ton of work to do. The games art style is beautiful, and the graphics themselves are stunning. But the game is an empty shell, and after some of the talk I read in the FF communities I am a little frightened that after they fix the basic mechanics the game will not progress.

    For the most part I am optimistic, and there ARE a lot of things that I am "waiting for" that aren't basic updates and stuff that should just obviously be there(see my above post). But deep down, I really am waiting for SE to show me they care about this game. That they can care enough to be intuitive with their design, and creative!

    also: the need to party! I miss leveling in groups

    I can count 3 things wrong with this post. Who else can spot waldo?


    Ku ku ku....

    ---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

    Joking aside.

    What I'm really waiting for is the white box around items icon if they're HQ, that'll 100% raise their prices, the white box is everything.

    Leave a comment:


  • Yygdrasil
    replied
    Re: Things I'm waiting for:

    Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
    WTF HOW CRUEL I CANT SWIM

    No I really can I'm just being obnoxious.
    No really, I actually can't... I'm just being contrary.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Things I'm waiting for:

    WTF HOW CRUEL I CANT SWIM

    No I really can I'm just being obnoxious.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kailea
    replied
    Re: Things I'm waiting for:

    Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
    I'm on a soap box!
    I'm on a soap box!
    Everybody look at me cause I'm standing on a soap box!



    Yeah, just doesn't have the same ring to it. Can I be on a boat? Please? I fucked a mermaid. See, I totally belong on a boat.


    *Rolls in a giant Fish bowl* here use this instead, look it has a castle too! ^.^

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Things I'm waiting for:

    I'm on a soap box!
    I'm on a soap box!
    Everybody look at me cause I'm standing on a soap box!



    Yeah, just doesn't have the same ring to it. Can I be on a boat? Please? I fucked a mermaid. See, I totally belong on a boat.

    Leave a comment:


  • Murphie
    replied
    Re: Things I'm waiting for:

    Originally posted by Firewind View Post
    Change the record, please I was the first person to point out that it was a new and rushed out MMO when people started hating the game purely because it's a new FF game from day one. I'm posting things I am waiting for. Not things that should be in the game right now but things that I am waiting to be put into the game.

    Pay attention to the topic title and get off your fucking pedestal, it's not helping you at all.
    Well, no one is really on a pedestal. The conversation changed to people bitching about the lack of endgame, and people incredulous about said bitching. Then people (like me) tried to explain why endgame isn't there yet, and some other people explained why that's no excuse. But no one has been on a pedestal. Or soap box. Or horse.

    At least that I am aware of. You could be hosting from atop a horse (Firewind: I'm on a horse!) or Aks could have a chair made of soap boxes for all I know.

    Leave a comment:


  • Yygdrasil
    replied
    Re: Things I'm waiting for:

    Originally posted by awesomeOmnislashing View Post
    mew mew mew mew

    oh and, mew
    But yeah. So long as we're having a convo between 2 different threads. Join Selbina.

    Leave a comment:


  • awesomeOmnislashing
    replied
    Re: Things I'm waiting for:

    mew mew mew mew

    oh and, mew

    Leave a comment:


  • Yygdrasil
    replied
    Re: Things I'm waiting for:

    Originally posted by awesomeOmnislashing View Post
    do tell
    You're clearly J_9 in disguise. That being the case... you neglected to write "Mew" at least 3 times.

    Note: At least

    ---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

    Originally posted by awesomeOmnislashing View Post
    do tell
    This makes 4

    Leave a comment:


  • awesomeOmnislashing
    replied
    Re: Things I'm waiting for:

    Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
    I can count 3 things wrong with this post. Who else can spot waldo?
    do tell

    Leave a comment:


  • Yygdrasil
    replied
    Re: Things I'm waiting for:

    Originally posted by awesomeOmnislashing View Post
    What If I were waiting for "things that should already be there" to be put into the game? just joking

    devil's advocate:
    I could probably sit here and list off a lot of stuff that would make a video game super awesome, but in reality I am still waiting to see if they can even get to that stage. A lot of development stops at what is expected by the genre or the community. I think WOW suffers from this, and ends up being a super cookie-cutter version of an MMO. After gaming MMOs since I was in high school ( now 23) I just expect more. Maybe I do because I think I would be able to design something fun or intuitive. Maybe I just expect people to be more creative and intelligent with their work. If FFXIV finishes fixing the mess of a game they released, they still have a ton of work to do. The games art style is beautiful, and the graphics themselves are stunning. But the game is an empty shell, and after some of the talk I read in the FF communities I am a little frightened that after they fix the basic mechanics the game will not progress.

    For the most part I am optimistic, and there ARE a lot of things that I am "waiting for" that aren't basic updates and stuff that should just obviously be there(see my above post). But deep down, I really am waiting for SE to show me they care about this game. That they can care enough to be intuitive with their design, and creative!

    also: the need to party! I miss leveling in groups

    I can count 3 things wrong with this post. Who else can spot waldo?

    Leave a comment:


  • awesomeOmnislashing
    replied
    Re: Things I'm waiting for:

    What If I were waiting for "things that should already be there" to be put into the game? just joking

    devil's advocate:
    I could probably sit here and list off a lot of stuff that would make a video game super awesome, but in reality I am still waiting to see if they can even get to that stage. A lot of development stops at what is expected by the genre or the community. I think WOW suffers from this, and ends up being a super cookie-cutter version of an MMO. After gaming MMOs since I was in high school ( now 23) I just expect more. Maybe I do because I think I would be able to design something fun or intuitive. Maybe I just expect people to be more creative and intelligent with their work. If FFXIV finishes fixing the mess of a game they released, they still have a ton of work to do. The games art style is beautiful, and the graphics themselves are stunning. But the game is an empty shell, and after some of the talk I read in the FF communities I am a little frightened that after they fix the basic mechanics the game will not progress.

    For the most part I am optimistic, and there ARE a lot of things that I am "waiting for" that aren't basic updates and stuff that should just obviously be there(see my above post). But deep down, I really am waiting for SE to show me they care about this game. That they can care enough to be intuitive with their design, and creative!

    also: the need to party! I miss leveling in groups

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeni
    replied
    Re: Things I'm waiting for:

    Originally posted by Etra View Post
    BRD was not considered end-game, but more of a "last dungeon you grind before you hit end-game."
    I'm almost certain the first incarnation of BRD was a 10-man or 15-man raid. The difficulty was very high and in just short weeks (or days even) Blizzard reduced the raid requirement and turned it into a 5 man instance (but not very well thought out, as anyone can attest to) Many of the pulls there were very "raid" like where you would do well with more than one tank. Eventually, I think it was just about LK release or so (prior to that?) many of the dungeons underwent changes and BRD had changes and even reduction of the number of monsters (pats + respawns)

    Leave a comment:


  • Yygdrasil
    replied
    Re: Things I'm waiting for:

    Originally posted by Firewind View Post
    Change the record, please I was the first person to point out that it was a new and rushed out MMO when people started hating the game purely because it's a new FF game from day one. I'm posting things I am waiting for. Not things that should be in the game right now but things that I am waiting to be put into the game.

    Pay attention to the topic title and get off your fucking pedestal, it's not helping you at all.
    I can only thank once.... so here are the rest:

    TYTYTYTYTYTTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTY

    Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • Firewind
    replied
    Re: Things I'm waiting for:

    Change the record, please I was the first person to point out that it was a new and rushed out MMO when people started hating the game purely because it's a new FF game from day one. I'm posting things I am waiting for. Not things that should be in the game right now but things that I am waiting to be put into the game.

    Pay attention to the topic title and get off your fucking pedestal, it's not helping you at all.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X