X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXIV Installation Info & Issues - Post here please

**Please note the following before posting!**

Installing the release version of “FINAL FANTASY XIV” or other software developed by our company while “FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version” remains installed may cause certain issues.

Be sure to uninstall the beta version of the game BEFORE you install the retail version.

Should you try to uninstall “FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version” after installing the release version, certain settings may be reset.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The url to register a new Square Enix Account is:

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/register

------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you do get the game installed and can not get to character creation, please be aware of the following:

If server congestion occurs, character creation may temporarily become unavailable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you were in the open beta and want to transfer your character name or your saved character model, please note the following:

- Transferring Character Names

Official Release Participants of the Open Beta Test will be able to transfer their character names from the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test to the official release. As long as the worlds selected in the open beta test and the official release are the same, the character name used in the open beta test will be usable in the official release.

* Upon the transfer of the character name, both selection of the world and character name input need to be done properly. Please make sure to remember both the world you belonged to and the name of the character you used during the open beta test.
    *If the character name has been determined to be improper by Square Enix, the transfer may not be done.
    * After the open beta test has concluded, the character names still existing on the account will be transferable.

- Transferring Character Appearance to the Official Release

During the open beta test, saving a character’s data at the time of its creation will allow you to create a character with the same appearance in the commercial release of the game.

*Data on character appearance will be saved under My Documents. Please be aware that the transfer cannot be done if the My Documents directory is deleted. Uninstalling the beta client "FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version" will not cause the data saved in My Documents to be deleted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your FFXI account is currently active (meaning you are being billed monthly), then you can transfer your FFXI character names to your FFXIV account BEFORE creating your character in FFXIV. Please follow the information below:

- Transferal of FINAL FANTASY XI Player Character Name to FINAL FANTASY XIV

When creating a new FINAL FANTASY XIV character, FINAL FANTASY XI players’ character names will be prioritized. The character’s name will become “Given Name: the Player Character’s name in FINAL FANTASY XI” + “Surname: the name of the Player Character’s World.”
    (EXAMPLE: Let's say I played a character called Thegrandmom on Siren. My new name in FFXIV will be "Thegrandmom Siren" since there is a given name (first name) and a surname (second name)

* Please note that you will not be able to transfer your Player Character name in the following cases:

- If you have created a character before linking your PlayOnline ID (It is, however, possible to transfer Player Character names by deleting the characters you created, linking your PlayOnline ID, and then re-creating your characters).
    - If, at the time of creating your FINAL FANTASY XIV character, the linked PlayOnline ID’s FINAL FANTASY XI Content IDs are invalid (the Content IDs have been canceled and are thus not being billed).
    - If the linked PlayOnline ID’s FINAL FANTASY XI is in the free trial period.
    - If there are no FINAL FANTASY XI characters on the linked PlayOnline ID.
    * If you have recently created a character, transferred Worlds, or used the Character Reactivation Service on FINAL FANTASY XI, it may take some time before you can transfer your Player Character name to FINAL FANTASY XIV.
    * Users can create characters with new names, regardless of whether a PlayOnline ID is linked or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

In order to receive your in-game bonus items, please note the following:

- In-Game Bonus Items

→ To receive the in-game bonus items that come with FINAL FANTASY XIII (initial batch only), FINAL FANTASY XIV Collector's Edition, or FINAL FANTASY XIV Standard Edition, you will need to register the item codes which comes with the corresponding product. To register an item code, please follow the steps below:

1. Log into the Square Enix Account Management System ( https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...n?cont=account )
    2. Select the "Select Service" option under "Service and Options"
    3. Select "FINAL FANTASY XIV," and then "Add a service account"
    4. Enter the corresponding item code, and then select "Next"

* The in-game bonus item will apply to the corresponding FINAL FANTASY XIV service account once the registration is complete.
    * When you create a character on the corresponding FINAL FANTASY XIV service account, the character will start off with the in-game bonus item in possession. Please note that characters created prior to the registration of the item code(s) will not receive the in-game bonus item, so make sure you register the code prior to the creation process.

Information from SE's website take as I registered some codes

BONUS CODE! Receive a FINAL FANTASY XIV Secret In-Game Item!

About This Promotional Code

You are eligible to receive a 20-digit FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code because you registered FINAL FANTASY XIII for PlayStation®3.

How to Use the Promotional Code

There are two uses for the FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code.

1. Receive a FINAL FANTASY XIV Secret In-Game Item!
    After the official launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV in 2010, you will receive a secret in-game item* by registering the promotional code at the beginning of FINAL FANTASY XIV.
    *Details on the secret item will be revealed at a later date on SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS and the official FINAL FANTASY XIV website.

Enter for a potential opportunity to become a beta tester for FINAL FANTASY XIV for PlayStation 3!
    The promotional code also allows you to apply now for a potential opportunity to become a beta tester for FINAL FANTASY XIV for PlayStation 3. Click the link that appears below the FINAL FNATASY XIV promotional code and enter using the official beta tester application form.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Promotional Code: <your code will appear here>

FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test Application Form

If you forget your FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code, you may review it by logging into SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS and visiting the FINAL FANTASY XIII Feature Page.

*PLEASE NOTE
    - The FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code is available in limited quantities. The code is obtainable by registering a serial code printed on a special MEMBERS Point Card included in the first production run of FINAL FANTASY XIII for PlayStation 3.
    - The FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code enables you to apply for, but does not guarantee participation in, beta testing for FINAL FANTASY XIV. Those selected to participate in the beta test will be notified at a later date.
    - The FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code is required only for the PlayStation 3 beta testing application. The code is not required for the beta testing application for the Windows® version of FINAL FANTASY XIV.
    - Submission of the FINAL FANTASY XIV beta testing application is limited to one per Square Enix ID, either for Windows or PlayStation 3.
    - Beta testing of the PlayStation 3 version of FINAL FANTASY XIV will begin after the start of the Windows version's beta testing. The schedule will be announced at a later date.
    - The FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code can be used for FINAL FANTASY XIV beta testing entry starting March 9, 2010. The FINAL FANTASY XIV in-game item can be received after the official start of the FINAL FANTASY XIV service by entering this promotional code.
    - Each FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code may only be used once for each program described in this document.

------------------------------------------------------------

Information about the advantages to playing FFXI and FFXIV at the same time are listed below:

- Perks for Simultaneous Players of Both FINAL FANTASY XI and FINAL FANTASY XIV

If a PlayOnline ID with an active FINAL FANTASY XI Content ID is linked to a Square Enix account with a FINAL FANTASY XIV service account, all new characters created on that FINAL FANTASY XIV service account will start out possessing an in-game bonus item.

* Please note that you will not be able to receive a special in-game item in the following cases:
    - If you have created a character before linking your PlayOnline ID (It is, however, possible to receive the in-game item by deleting the characters you created, linking your PlayOnline ID, and then re-creating your characters).
    - If, at the time of creating your FINAL FANTASY XIV character, the linked PlayOnline ID’s FINAL FANTASY XI Content IDs are invalid (the Content IDs have been cancelled and are thus not being billed).
    - If the linked PlayOnline ID’s FINAL FANTASY XI is in the free trial period.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Crysta Questions

There is information here for questions about Crysta:

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/ffx...nthly-fee.html

-------------------------------------------------------------

This thread will be opened on the 20th or 21st and is for posting any issues that you have with installation of the game and NOT for commentary about the game. Any separate threads posted outside of this thread merged with this thread.
    Last edited by TheGrandMom; 09-22-2010, 01:42 PM.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

FFXIV Updater (Release)

Hey just bought the CE version of FFXIV i've finished doing the instal from the disk and now its using the updater to update but the problem is when doing "File: D2010.09.19.0000 [1/1]" the download and upload speed stay on 0B/s, i have disabled my firewall and anti-virus but it hasn't made a difference, if anyone knows how to get this game to update please tell me.

Thanks in advance,
    Srxjo
    "Death shall seek you out, If death fails, I promise you, i wont." ~ Srxjo (me)
    "My lips are stained scarlet red from my blood" ~Srxjo (me)
    "The greatest pain in this world is losing that which is closest to ones own heart" ~Srxjo (me)

Comment

Re: FFXIV Updater (Release)

Originally posted by Srxjo View Post
      Hey just bought the CE version of FFXIV i've finished doing the instal from the disk and now its using the updater to update but the problem is when doing "File: D2010.09.19.0000 [1/1]" the download and upload speed stay on 0B/s, i have disabled my firewall and anti-virus but it hasn't made a difference, if anyone knows how to get this game to update please tell me.

Thanks in advance,
      Srxjo
      Try doing it the same way we did it in beta -- use uTorrent.

The torrent files are in this location this time around...
      C:\users\%userprofile%\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV\downloads\ffxiv\
      And so on and so forth.
      Last edited by Etra; 09-22-2010, 09:15 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Re: FFXIV Installation Info &amp; Issues - Post here please

I had no problems updating. It's just hit and miss I think. My update took 45 minutes but it would fluctuate greatly between an hour and TEN hours. lol My advice, cancel and restart if its not updating after 10 minutes.
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
          I had no problems updating. It's just hit and miss I think. My update took 45 minutes but it would fluctuate greatly between an hour and TEN hours. lol My advice, cancel and restart if its not updating after 10 minutes.
          Mine wouldn't update at all, either. Just torrented it like before and it finished in 7 mins. :s
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Etra View Post
            Try doing it the same way we did it in beta -- use uTorrent.

The torrent files are in this location this time around...
            C:\users\%userprofile%\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV\downloads\ffxiv\
            And so on and so forth.
            Can you link to the torrent files please?

Also, if you do link them, where do I install the files to?

Mine is doing the same thing and not updating.

It says Downloading Version update files, please wait. It also says Local Connections: 1

Its stopped at .8% and not updating. Anyone got any help?

Edit: Now it says Local Connections: 2

And every so often then Upload Speed will have a few KBPS, whats the upload speed do anyways?

Comment

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV\downloads\ffxiv\48eca647\metainfo\D2010.09.19.0000

That's for the Sept. 19 patch. The "July" patch is in the other numbered folder in download\ffxiv.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
                Can you link to the torrent files please?

Also, if you do link them, where do I install the files to?

Mine is doing the same thing and not updating.

It says Downloading Version update files, please wait. It also says Local Connections: 1

Its stopped at .8% and not updating. Anyone got any help?
                The torrent files are on your computer. Look under My Documents, Games(whatever), FFXIV, downloads, metacontent, or however it goes. One folder will be for the torrent files, the other will be for the patch files. Download the patch file through the torrent, and then toss it into the patch folder and run the updater.

Comment

Anyone have the site that has torrents for FFXIV update?

Edit: Never mind. My installer is working fine now. Its running at like 40kbps thought atm, but I can handle that.
                  Last edited by Takelli; 09-22-2010, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Please keep all installation questions in one thread otherwise we are going to have dozens of threads with installation questions. If we get helpful answers, the OP can be updated with the information.

Comment

So, I am trying to install from the retail disc but this garbage wants me to put it into my C: drive which i have partitioned off strictly for my OS. Is there anyway to override the default installation area. Or do I really have to wait for a torrent. This is such B.S.

Comment

Ok.... The installer isn't working too great... I am trying the utorrent thing now... Just downloaded the sept patch, took like 3 seconds (only 5 MB), and current Dling the other one (500 something MB) Hopefully it works...

Comment

Originally posted by Killpills View Post
                          So, I am trying to install from the retail disc but this garbage wants me to put it into my C: drive which i have partitioned off strictly for my OS. Is there anyway to override the default installation area. Or do I really have to wait for a torrent. This is such B.S.
                          It should ask you where you want to install it when you have the installer running... like any other game.
                          sigpic

Comment

Nvidia drivers (Beta 260.63) - I highly recommend beta because 258 is too old for FFXIV.

Win 7/Vista 32
                            NVIDIA DRIVERS 260.63 BETA

Win 7/Vista 64
                            NVIDIA DRIVERS 260.63 BETA

ATI drivers (10.9)

Win 7 32
                            ATI Radeonâ„¢ Video Card Drivers for Windows 7 - 32-Bit Edition

Win 7 64
                            ATI Radeonâ„¢ Video Card Drivers for Windows 7 - 64-Bit Edition

Win Vista 32
                            ATI Radeonâ„¢ Video Card Drivers for Windows Vista - 32-Bit Edition

Win Vista 64
                            ATI Radeonâ„¢ Video Card Drivers for Windows Vista - 64-Bit Edition

Comment

@#*&^@&#%#@&%@#^&@#%^&@#%&@^%@#&^%@#

STILL NO FFXI FPS FIX! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

... should I really bother with this though? It's a beta driver, and right now XIV runs pretty flawlessly for me at 1680x1050 and just 2x AA.
                              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X