X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FFXIV Live action commercial

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
    ....if we get one -.-
    I don't see why we shouldn't get one. If they start advertising, they should sell more copies of the game. Too bad they can't play the 7 minute one...

Comment

The game comes out in less then a week. We're not seeing a commercial for it here.

*Maybe* with the PS3 version we'll see better advertising, but so far SE has been rather lackluster with the hype for this game.
      "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
        I don't see why we shouldn't get one.
        JP ONRY!
        Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
        Name: Drjones
        Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
          I don't see why we shouldn't get one. If they start advertising, they should sell more copies of the game. Too bad they can't play the 7 minute one...
          I don't know why they spend money advertising in Japan for Final Fantasy at all. It's pretty obvious they just let word of mouth and reputation sell in the US, they could honestly save money since that should go over even better in Japan.

Some things don't need ads blasted all over the place to sell.
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
            Should have been Gackt...
            I was thinking the same. I would have loved to have seen Gackt do it.

Comment

LOL! it's kind of strange all of them staring at the screen. they don't look so friendly.

Comment

Yes, that is Toma Ikuta (live-action Akihabara @ DEEP, Honey and Clover) as a Hyur warrior.

"Ikuta himself appeared at the event to mark the completion of the game, and he demonstrated the game's party-play feature. He said that he is quite a Final Fantasy fan, having played the fifth, seventh, tenth, and eleventh main installments, along with Final Fantasy X-2. He added that he has been playing since elementary school, and was excited to enter the world of Final Fantasy through the filming of the commercial."

They are airing 3 versions of the commercial in Japan (15 second, 30 second, and 60 second). There is also a very short "making of" video which is more a "I am a famous actor that you love and I'm telling you to buy this game" video. All versions and the making of can be found here:

FINAL FANTASY XIV

There are a few screenshots too so if you guys really like the guy you can wallpaper your desktop to your hearts content! lol
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Just because the game comes out in a week doesn't mean we won't see a commercial. I mean I still see WoW commercials all the time and that game has been out for 6 years.

sig courtesy tgm
                  retired -08

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                    Should have been Gackt...
                    Then people would have confused it for a commercial for a FFVIII remake or something . . .
                    Originally posted by Armando
                    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                    Originally posted by Armando
                    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                    Matthew 16:15

Comment

Literally, to live as if you're going to die tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by MrMageo View Post
                        Just because the game comes out in a week doesn't mean we won't see a commercial. I mean I still see WoW commercials all the time and that game has been out for 6 years.
                        But shouldn't they be advertising/announcing the new game to non-junkies BEFORE its released to garner more support and sell more games initially? I mean you want that burst of selling through pre-orders and advertising right at the get go and then advertise occasionally after, especially around expansions.
                        Originally posted by Feba
                        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                        Originally posted by DakAttack
                        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                          But shouldn't they be advertising/announcing the new game to non-junkies BEFORE its released to garner more support and sell more games initially? I mean you want that burst of selling through pre-orders and advertising right at the get go and then advertise occasionally after, especially around expansions.
                          Thats the one thing I give Blizzard, I swear I cant count how many times I have got the responce from people "oh that one is online?" (talking about FFXI) and even starting to get that answer with FFXIV.

"I caqnt wait for the next Final Fantasy"

"oh really? well you know FFXIV comes out in a month"

"what? they made another one already?"

"yes its on PC and later will be on PS3, its their next online one"

"oh?"

This is pretty much what I get, at least once a week
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Possibly because Blizzard's marketing department isn't pants-on-head retarded?
                            Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                            Name: Drjones
                            Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Well two things:

1) Blizzard is much better at advertising things in NA

2) You usually only see them around the time something big is happening in WoW (expansions/special events)

But again, SE hasn't really been advertising this game at all. They didn't do much for XI either.
                              "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                                Just Google him or something, the fact you are comparing him to that retarded kid makes me want to tell you a lot of things that would get me banned.
                                Are you telling me you're hot for him? I won't question your tastes, but they're the same thing. You can't compare because the value of an idol is localized and indicative of the populace. Saying Bieber is a retarded kid is also saying that the tastes of many Americans are also retarded. Yet, conversely, if you asked any average American about your Japanese idol, they may say the same thing.

Do I care? Not really. But I know you do judging by your defensive reaction. Like I said, I don't listen to jpop, don't watch sappy dramas and don't really care for Hollywood/Ballywood/Jollywood or anything else you can think of.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                                Then people would have confused it for a commercial for a FFVIII remake or something . . .
                                VII ... I don't recall him being associated with Squalol.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                                But again, SE hasn't really been advertising this game at all. They didn't do much for XI either.
                                They don't really need to. There's those pre-order numbers floating around and allegedly only for the US markets. Around 150,000 copies so far, which makes it a very good sell considering the system requirements and that it's for the PC market. They need to advertise heavily in Japan for two reasons:

1. PC gaming in Japan is almost non-existent if you exclude the dating sim/eroge market. This is primarily true if you look at the behavior of non-Japanese/non-Korean PC gaming companies with "worldwide" release. Even Blizzard has largely ignored the Japanese market for the past 5 years largely because of this phenomenon.

2. PCs are a hard sale in an economically depressed nation as Japan. Even in the best of times they couldn't get the PC market to take off. This directly correlates to point #1 - a smaller pool means an even smaller interest in things tied to that pool.

Comment

Working...
                                X