No announcement yet.

Can you imagine using this with FFXIV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you imagine using this with FFXIV?

actually for any games. I am sure there is some rich gamers would buy them (6400$ each)

Ostendo CRVD - Ordering Information

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3yqrIbN01U&p=19E738FE1671A149&playnext=1&index=9]YouTube - Eyefinity with Curved Displays[/ame]

Imagine what FFXIV look like on First person view ^^. Now if ATI add in 3d ready of their own...wow.

Don't worry a cheaper solution right now is a 6 way surround in straight line

PS: Seriously for a freaking 6400 monitor @least learn to remove the side bars. can you also imagine using them in portrait mode? Look up into the Sky!
    -add later-

Re: Can you imagine using this with FFXIV?

I honestly never understood why people would want to do this. The gap between monitors (from the edge panel) would bother me to no end...And it's just flat out too big.
    sigpic

Comment

I use a 37" and it took me a long time to get used to it. When you are sitting at a desk with something that big, it is really hard on your eyes. The optimum for the tv I use as a monitor is 6-8 feet to sit from it. I sit 2 feet from it and will still get headaches from long periods of use. One of those monitors is 65" and sitting at a desk with a monitor that big......no thanks. Don't people ever think of the health issues that can arise from shit like this?
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Let's see...for 6400 I could buy:

ASUS Rampage III (300)
        12 GB of Corsair Dominator Ram (420)
        I7 980X (1000)
        Sapphire 5970 (980)
        Thermaltake VH600LBWS Armor+ Full-Tower ATX Case with Liquid Cooling at TigerDirect.com (330)
        $500 for water blocks and extra liquid cooling
        And have some cash set aside for a computer monitor between 24-42 inches wide. And still have money left over.

Or I could put $6400 down on a decent used car
        {New Sig in the works}
        -----------------------
        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
        "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
        Originally posted by Solymir
        What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
          Let's see...for 6400 I could buy:

ASUS Rampage III (300)
          12 GB of Corsair Dominator Ram (420)
          I7 980X (1000)
          Sapphire 5970 (980)
          Thermaltake VH600LBWS Armor+ Full-Tower ATX Case with Liquid Cooling at TigerDirect.com (330)
          $500 for water blocks and extra liquid cooling
          And have some cash set aside for a computer monitor between 24-42 inches wide. And still have money left over.

Or I could put $6400 down on a decent used car
          If you make millions a year, i am pretty sure you will consider the monitor over that car.

Anyhow, CRVD is very interesting concept/use you can play as you are viewing a surrounding of the "world".

Maybe this will convince you more.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c0vz7qHU58]YouTube - Black Shark helicopter simulation on 3 CRVDs[/ame]

If i have the money, i wouldn't mind get 3 of these. Now imagine ATI bring out the 3D ready/ (also you can thim that bar in reality, the manufactire leave the bars in to ensure your view is "focus" to the screen and distinguish the surrounding of the picture from the picture projected)
          -add later-

Comment

You know what would've convinced me?

A lagless multi-monitor EVE Online supporting 4 monitors in a 1-2-1 configuration.

But that will never happen.

Other than that nope, not interested at all in anything bigger than a 42" 1080p display.
            sigpic
            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
              Other than that nope, not interested at all in anything bigger than a 42" 1080p display.
              I'm happy with my 20" ... I could handle at most up to 24" ... but beyond that, it's difficult to take in all at once.

The innuendo was very thick in this post. Okay, I'll stop filling it up right here.

Comment

I came across this a while ago: Newegg.com - SAMSUNG MD230X6 Black 23" 1920 x 1080 (each) 8ms (GTG) Full HD Height Adjustable Multi-Display LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 150,000:1 (3,000:1)

However, if you have that kind of cash then just bump up to this: Newegg.com - NEC Display Solutions P701-AVT Matte Black 70" 8ms Large Format Monitor 1920 x 1080 600 cd/m2 2000:1
                Gatts - PLD75/WAR37

Comment

Originally posted by abknight View Post
                  Ya have fun burning out your retinas for a game. lol Talk to me in 10 years when you need coke bottle glasses in order to see.

Attached Files
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I play on this: Newegg.com - DoubleSight DS-70U Black 7" 30ms LCD Portable & Stand Removable Monitor 375 cd/m2 350:1
                    Gatts - PLD75/WAR37

Comment

and i play on my Iphone4g
                      The people at endgadet will tell you that Iphone 4g is powerful enough to play FFXIV for sure.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg]YouTube - iPhone4 vs HTC Evo[/ame]

while you at it watch this too.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpmy7Ze18NY[/ame]
                      -add later-

Comment

Ok, I'm not making fun of you but....7"?? Really? Wow, I have a 17" Sony LCD, Sony 19" CRT & a 19" LCD in my basement that no one is using... Man, I feel bad now... You are really a trooper! I'd be cross eyed for the rest of my life if I had to use that.

Comment

I don't really use that thing, but was daydreaming about using Eyefinity to combine 20 of them into 1 giant display. For the record, I use an old Sony Trinitron 17" CRT. It's held up incredibly well over the years. Its only drawback is 1600x1200 max res.
                          Gatts - PLD75/WAR37

Comment

You know after I posted that and I was talking with my hubby, I told him how amazed I was that you used a PC with a 7" screen. My husband just stared at me for a minute, shook his head, and said "People who live in glass houses....look at whats in your hands." He's right, I am on my iPad a lot and that is a 9" screen which isn't much larger. I guess I was thinking of playing games where you'd have to communicate with others on a 7" screen and that would be painful. I'm glad to hear that you don't use one. lol But you did have me going there for a while!

Comment

Working...
                            X