Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kai_samoht
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    Eh.. /shrug, would rather still have the tumbler or the map lol. But I guess a certificate showing you were one of the first to play this game is sort of interesting. Either way am going to constantly be on the edge of my seat until this releases.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    Originally posted by kai_samoht View Post
    WTH is the Right of Passage anyways... sounds like some sort of certificate that says you an adult or some crud. Also, EU getting tumbler and world map? WTF
    I found this...

    "Right of Passage – Redeem a voucher to receive your fully-personalized Right of Passage Certificate, each stamped with a Unique serial number. Will this be anything more than sheet of paper with your name and a number written on it? Still, I suppose fans love the feeling of exclusivity, which something like this Right of Passage thing performs admirably."

    Are you excited?

    Leave a comment:


  • kai_samoht
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    Well if you view the contents of the CE edition on the official website, it makes no reference to a tumbler for the NA version but does for the EU. I think thats pretty much a confirmation.

    ---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

    EU:

    Onion Helm
    Tumbler
    Behind the Scenes DVD
    Travel Journal with concept art
    World Map
    Security Token
    Early Access
    Guest Pass



    NA:

    PREORDER BONUS: Onion Helm
    Early Access
    Behind the Scenes DVD
    Security Token
    Travel Journal with concept art
    Right of Passage - Redeem a voucher to receive your fully personalized right of passage certificate
    Free 30 days of gameplay
    Guest Pass

    WTH is the Right of Passage anyways... sounds like some sort of certificate that says you an adult or some crud. Also, EU getting tumbler and world map? WTF

    Leave a comment:


  • Malacite
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    Originally posted by Freelancer View Post
    I'm really looking forward to watching the DVD more than anything.
    More than the game itself?

    Leave a comment:


  • Freelancer
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    I'm really looking forward to watching the DVD more than anything.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kafeen
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    Makes a nice change for the UK to get something the US doesn't.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    Well if you view the contents of the CE edition on the official website, it makes no reference to a tumbler for the NA version but does for the EU. I think thats pretty much a confirmation.

    ---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

    EU:

    Onion Helm
    Tumbler
    Behind the Scenes DVD
    Travel Journal with concept art
    World Map
    Security Token
    Early Access
    Guest Pass



    NA:

    PREORDER BONUS: Onion Helm
    Early Access
    Behind the Scenes DVD
    Security Token
    Travel Journal with concept art
    Right of Passage - Redeem a voucher to receive your fully personalized right of passage certificate
    Free 30 days of gameplay
    Guest Pass

    Leave a comment:


  • ChocoboBunny
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    I have a question, does the CE edition in the USA come with the tumbler? I checked gamestop and amazon, and all it says is early items, early game play, a journal, some kind of certificate, behind the scenes dvd and security token. No mention of the art book or the tumbler.

    Gamestop link: Gamestop.com - Buy Final Fantasy XIV Collector's Edition - PC

    Amazon.com link: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Collectors-Pc/dp/B003O6EFKI/ref=sr_tr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278609051&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Final Fantasy XIV Collector's Edition: Pc: Video Games[/ame]

    I guess no Tumbler, if anyone can confirm the Tumbler is UK only I would appreciate it. I know I read through all of the posts, but the included bundle for the USA is pretty bland.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kafeen
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    Just got an E-mail from SE regarding pre-orders, and WTF @ Gamestop...


    They have PC, PC: CE and PS3 versions listed.


    Here's the really stupid part - the PC is $15 cheaper than the PS3 version, with the CE being the most expensive.

    Umm, wut? Shouldn't standard edition be the same price regardless of console?
    PC versions of games are usually cheaper than the console versions. Consoles are more expensive to develop for, though not by so much that it warrants that much of a price difference.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    Mal...

    There have been different prices for many games for some time now. Two new ones, not released yet, Mafia II and Fallout New Vegas have different prices if I remember correctly. I had to pre-order those to send overseas and I had to find out if they wanted to stick with the console or go the cheaper PC route.

    Leave a comment:


  • Malacite
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    Just got an E-mail from SE regarding pre-orders, and WTF @ Gamestop...


    They have PC, PC: CE and PS3 versions listed.


    Here's the really stupid part - the PC is $15 cheaper than the PS3 version, with the CE being the most expensive.

    Umm, wut? Shouldn't standard edition be the same price regardless of console?

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    OH NO! Here they come!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Takelli
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    Originally posted by MrMageo View Post
    But I still ain't getting FFXI HD till its out on PS3.
    ... People are still going on about this? Its been proven that it isn't an HD version of FFXI, it has a complete different gameplay.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    Originally posted by MrMageo View Post
    But I still ain't getting FFXI HD till its out on PS3.
    Shhhhhhhh, don't provoke the XIVers!

    I'm not making any changes. It seems to be running fine and I say don't mess with something if it's working right! (But I worry about high traffic...)

    Leave a comment:


  • Omgwtfbbqkitten
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    Originally posted by Chromemage
    Another option for the gamer addict who has run into the dilemma of not meeting the minimum requirements for FFXIV come September (and don't have the wallet to pony up for a new desktop) is to finance a machine. A couple places offer this, the most popular obviously being Dell.
    Dell wants you to have good credit to finance a machine and, yet, they don't make good computers. Trust me, I've seen what happens on the conveyor belts in a Dell factory. People don't want to walk around when those speakers miss the UPS conveyor, we just throw that shit at it. The monitors? Not so much.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X