Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Takelli
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    Originally posted by Elwynn View Post
    I'll be so trollface.jpg if SE succeeds in preventing "third party add-ons" with XIV.
    I would actually love that if they do prevent them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Elwynn
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    I think what's going to be funny is when the people who have been doing endgame for multiple years on XI jump to XIV, play for a day or two, and then say "where's my Windower?" And I'm not talking about getting out of full screen mode.

    I'll be so trollface.jpg if SE succeeds in preventing "third party add-ons" with XIV.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chromemage
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    Another option for the gamer addict who has run into the dilemma of not meeting the minimum requirements for FFXIV come September (and don't have the wallet to pony up for a new desktop) is to finance a machine. A couple places offer this, the most popular obviously being Dell.

    Just understand that you'll be paying a lot more (some people think of this as getting ripped off) for the system in the end. And yeah, that sucks... but you are also getting the convienance of owning a awesome computer for $15-$30 a month. Like everything else, it has its pro's and con's. Good for some, bad for others.

    How badly do you want it?

    Leave a comment:


  • MrMageo
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    So glad my new PC is 100% ready to go for the low low cost of 500$ having a brother in computer sciences who built a computer for a class project for me, using ultra cheap parts at highly discounted college prices is awesome. But I still ain't getting FFXI HD till its out on PS3.

    Leave a comment:


  • Freelancer
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    Originally posted by Balfree View Post
    im on a $150 limit, anything over that is too much for a single game even if its the only game i see myself playing for years if its as good as FFXI.
    ATI 5770, go!

    Leave a comment:


  • Balfree
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    im on a $150 limit, anything over that is too much for a single game even if its the only game i see myself playing for years if its as good as FFXI.

    Leave a comment:


  • Freelancer
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    Originally posted by Balfree View Post
    im upgrading to 4gb windows 7 on my quad core 2.20ghz, just need a new gfx card seeing as my current one is simply not supported.

    ---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

    just saw the price tag for that GTX470

    screw that... seriously.
    Yeah, costs alot but it delivers. (Almost sure it'll do high)
    ATI 5850 is around 270-280 almost as good.
    Ati 5770 is 140-170 is entery level and it WILL run ffxiv.

    anything lower than 5770 in the 5000 line is junk.

    Leave a comment:


  • Omgwtfbbqkitten
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    Originally posted by Balfree View Post

    just saw the price tag for that GTX470

    screw that... seriously.
    Yeah, looked it up too. That's a bit rich for my tastes.

    I may be a gaming enthusiast, but I'm just not that enthusiastic. I could get a PS3 with Uncharted, LBP and the 250 GB HDD for that much. I can wait for the PS3 version.

    I just don't like that its launching the same month the 3DS is coming out, though Nintendo's being rather coy about that now, it could come earlier.

    Leave a comment:


  • Balfree
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    im upgrading to 4gb windows 7 on my quad core 2.20ghz, just need a new gfx card seeing as my current one is simply not supported.

    ---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

    just saw the price tag for that GTX470

    screw that... seriously.

    Leave a comment:


  • Freelancer
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    Originally posted by Balfree View Post




    anyway, yay ffxiv in my september!

    gonna wait for a couple days before launch to get my new gfx card, still havent decided what to get

    ive had both nvidia and ati and right now im a little divided... i want whatever they recommend the most... wasnt ffxi's bf nvidia?

    Well if you're going green you'll probably want a GTX470, though it depends on what you have in the case, putting a high end card into and old system wouldn't do much good.

    Leave a comment:


  • Malacite
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    Originally posted by Balfree View Post
    gonna wait for a couple days before launch to get my new gfx card, still havent decided what to get
    Ditto. Though a March release would have been even better (boxing day ftw) I should be able to snag a fairly good card just prior to launch.

    Leave a comment:


  • WishMaster3K
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    Originally posted by Balfree View Post
    wasnt ffxi's bf nvidia?
    They're toally Biffles. As much as I love the fact that Radeon cards are about 10-20% cheaper than comparible NVIDIA, but not only about 0-5% less powerful, I have a shirking suspicion that I'll be screwed with drivers using a Radeon...

    Sure, the game will come out on the 22nd, but I probably won't be able to play until the PS3 launch.

    Leave a comment:


  • Balfree
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    Originally posted by Feba View Post
    You make me want to punch you all the time.


    With my love.




    anyway, yay ffxiv in my september!

    gonna wait for a couple days before launch to get my new gfx card, still havent decided what to get

    ive had both nvidia and ati and right now im a little divided... i want whatever they recommend the most... wasnt ffxi's bf nvidia?

    Leave a comment:


  • Malacite
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
    I can't believe it; Feba was right.. I AM an elitist. Time to see if I can OC my GPU and get to 5500 on the bench.

    Leave a comment:


  • Feba
    replied
    Re: PC Version in September. PS3 Delayed. Pre-order + Pricing Info

    Originally posted by Balfree View Post
    i didnt understooded derp ?
    You make me want to punch you all the time.


    With my love.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X