XI Importers -> XIV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XI Importers -> XIV

Greetings all. Its been a long time since ive visited here however i thought i would just see who is still around!

Forgive me if a thread has already been raised however are there any old school importers who are going to be making the transfer to FFXIV? If so, it would be great to meet up again.

Regards

Sweetness!
    BST

Sweetness - Ragnarok

Re: XI Importers -> XIV

' ')/ raise hand
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I'll be playing FFXIV along with my family. But I do hope that we don't have to import again.
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Why would we have to import? Yoichi Wada set a company standard for all future releases of simultaneous world-wide launches. So we'll be getting XIV at the same time as Japan and Europe.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

That remains to be seen. I'm not getting my hopes up.
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I'll be moving into FFXIV, won't be importing this time. SE have been pretty good with simultanious releases lately, I hated needing to wait for FFXI expansions to arrive when I could have already had them if I'd been on the EU version. Its just a shame there was such a long initial delay before FFXI was released here.

Since I had to create another SE account (why can't they be global?) can the security token be transfered from one to another if I remove it from one account then add it to another? Anyone know?

Comment

Great to see some old hands are about. Thoroughly looking forward to jumping back into a FF Online game, hopefully some more will curiously come back here to take a look at whats going on (much like i did) and take the plunge!

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Oh also for the record, i think Jei should be personally responsible for rounding the oldies up to gather on the same server Sey, Drak, Russ, Lily etc etc etc etc :D

With that being said i did have a rather nostaligic moment looking through old LiveJournals :'(
              BST

Sweetness - Ragnarok

Comment

I'll definitely be playing FFXIV,
                It's looking like it's shaping up to be a pretty epic game, so I'm quite excited to be honest.

I have quite an overwhelming amount of people irl who are willing to play too, so it should be good times.
                PhoenixDown Linkshell - Trigara (Retired)
                FFXI PC Beta Tester

Comment

The only reason you might want to import is if support for Japanese / Chienese / Korean langauges has been removed from the US / EU regioned games. If memory servers me correctly the generally accepted reason why eastern language support was removed from the regionalised versions of the game was to reduce the cost per box by a few $s.

It is unlikely that saving hundreds of thousands of dollars in BOM costs is something that has sllipped past the bean counters in Square-Enix ville this time so if it comes down to it I will import the JP version if the language support isnt there in the EU version.
                  Last edited by Dux; 04-28-2010, 08:08 AM.
                  - Never Underestimate The Power Of A Duck!
                  Dux Dux, Lallafel, Odin
                  My Profile On Lodestone

Comment

I'll be getting XIV. If I don't like it I might just return to FFXI... I've been thinking about it for awhile now.

Comment

Everyone can relax now.

I'm here.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                        That remains to be seen. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Says who? Tanaka & Komoto confirmed it would be a global launch right after E3. Hell, all the voice acting is in English. Methinks they're not about to shaft the NA/EU crowd.
                        sigpic

Comment

And we've never had a company say one thing but eventually do another. Riiiiiiiiiiiight...

Comment

And we've never had a company say one thing but eventually do another. Riiiiiiiiiiiight...
                            Well, in this case, there probably wouldn't be a North American beta if the game wasn't going to be released simultaneously.

Comment

Still don't see it happening.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X