Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you in on they FFXIV beta? Comments and Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you in on they FFXIV beta? Comments and Questions.

So, the Beta has begun, but I haven't heard of really anyone one this community that's it, except Pai Pai, but I think he's in on the Alpha or something...

If your in on they Beta, let us know so we can discuss! I'm not in, but i registered the FFXIII and reapplied, so... /crosses fingers
    75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
    RANK 10 Bastok
    CoP: Done
    ZM: Done
    ToA: Done
    Assault rank: Captain
    Campaign Medal: Medals
    Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
    This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Re: Are you in on they FFXIV beta? Comments and Questions.

I think this needs to be in the FFXIV forum.

Comment

haven't heard any leaks yet. The testers sure are strict.
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
        I think this needs to be in the FFXIV forum.

Agreed. I posted this quick and scanning the forums, must've missed the FFXIV forum, if a mod could move it, cool.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Originally posted by Jei View Post
        haven't heard any leaks yet. The testers sure are strict.

Does the mean if you are in the Beta, you're not allowed to say you are or talk about the game? I'd figure if you were in the Beta, talking about it would be good, no? Talking about it I think would benefit the game more, since it's kind of like what would actually happen in the game once it's released. One doesn't just run around online by themselves, not seeking any online help for maps, missions, quests etc... Information is gathered and shared online, and I would think that's what SE would want.
        RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

The general consensus seems to be that during the Closed Beta there is a Non-Disclosure Agreement that states you are not allowed to talk about it. My guess is they do not want people who are not in the closed beta discussing issues that may not even make it into the game.

It makes sense they wouldn't want people (especially those not helping them find these issues) focusing on any aspects existing in the game currently that might be perceived as negative. I assume during the Open Beta this is not an issue.
          "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Oh, I never knew they distinguished between "open" and "closed" when it came to Beta testing...
            RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

I've never been in a Beta test before so I'm learning more and more about it as well.
              "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Even in open betas there is usually still a non-disclosure agreement but, at that point, they usually are more lax in the enforcement. With alpha and closed beta, they are more strict because there are still issues and bugs with the game and letting people b***h online about the game isn't in their best interest. Also, they would like to keep aspects of the game quiet and announce them when they want them to be announced. It keeps people interested in the game instead of it all being blurbed out at once. And they might need to change or remove aspects of the game and, without it all blurbed out already, they can do this with a minimum of lashback from the community.
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

This is a closed Beta, which is working with the Alpha build of the game. Basically everything is still in the experimental stages and a lot can change.

After the closed comes the open Beta, where you're working with a near-complete version of the game and so leaking anything at this point honestly won't matter too much as these are often conducted close to the release date. This is when they start letting a lot more people in both for feedback but also to stress-test the servers.
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

NDA's are also there to prevent plagiarism.
                    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Just to piggyback on what some others have stated; it'd be a waste of breath to "leak" anything about the game at this point in testing. If the testers are really doing their job, then they should/would have nothing to tell us but horror stories.
                      Joined FFXI September 15th, 2009 | PlayStation 2/3
                      Retired July 8th, 2010.
                      Current Server: Unicorn
                      Current Home Nation: San d'Oria (Rank 10)
                      Race/Sex: Hume/(Fe)male
                      Current Jobs: 80BRD, 75NIN, 59DNC, 51WHM, 43WAR, 38BLM, 38DRK

Comment

Ok, well now I'm just interested on who, if anyone from our community, has made it to the beta...
                        RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

First rule of FFxiv Beta is: You do not talk about the FFxiv beta.
                          Second rule of the FFxiv Beta is: You do NOT talk about the FFxiv beta.

FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                          FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                          aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
                            Ok, well now I'm just interested on who, if anyone from our community, has made it to the beta...
                            Lol. People can get banned for saying if they are in the beta. If I was, I wouldn't even bother to say I was. I won't say I'm not in the beta either.
                            Last edited by Takelli; 03-15-2010, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Just got an e-mail about alpha testing....

Beta hasn't even begun.

Comment

Working...
                              X