Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Character Creation FAQ for retail?(reborn)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character Creation FAQ for retail?(reborn)

I've sorta got my race picked out from FFXIV reborn from the open beta but I was looking into things about the character creator but I can't quite find what I'm looking for. I have no plans to keep the character that I played for the weekend and I only go to lvl 10 and have a feeling that I barely scratched the surface of the game(not going into too much detail as per tester agreements). My questions are mainly about the calender/goddesses in the game and how they effect stats and junk...I found some stuff but it's sill lacking...
    Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
    (have fun MMO players ^^)
    Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Re: Character Creation FAQ for retail?(reborn)

Basically, the short answer is, it doesn't matter.

The longer answer is that it only matters if you're roleplaying. Other than that, there is no known effect on characters and their attributes and Yoshi-P made that clear in an interview with 4Gamers a while ago that they're trying to lessen the effects of character creation so that people wouldn't feel like they were being forced into something because of an advantage or other. In other words, just have fun and create a character that you will enjoy for the coming years.

Comment

Picking your deity shows how it affects your elemental resistances. It looked like the minimum is 50, and they'll range from 50 to 58 depending on who you chose.

Comment

Yoshi P himself said it has no real impact whatsoever in one of the recent live letters (your deity that is) and the differences between races is very minimal, a couple of points at best - there isn't even a big HP/MP discrepancy (at least I don't think) between the races like there was in XI - THAT was the real reason to go with Elvaan or Galka over say Taru for a melee class, because you were looking at a 100+ HP differential. In XIV it's largely just cosmetic, so pick whatever you like.

I went Male Miqo'te & Halone (War God!) as my Deity :3
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
          I went female Miqo'te because i like anime boobies :3
          ftfy
          75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
          RANK 10 Bastok
          CoP: Done
          ZM: Done
          ToA: Done
          Assault rank: Captain
          Campaign Medal: Medals
          Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
          This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Either/or?

My initial character was a female (had no choice back then) but yeah, definitely enjoyed my time with her. To be perfectly honest that's part of why I struggled with picking a male this time (newly added bewb slider) but in the end, I want a character that portrays how I see myself, rather than some eye candy (not to mention bad memories of every mouth-breathing idiot hitting on every mithra they saw).

Still, can't go wrong with a smexy catgirl with a nice rack :3
            sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking of going Lalafell ... then I wanted to go with Rogaine (yes, I know it's not the correct spelling) and look the part of a nasty pedophile since my friend was going Lalafell. He said he'd blacklist me and try to avoid me at all cost. LOL

Comment

O_o right then....

Off topic: Poor Leia, friend zone 4 life.
                sigpic

Comment

Toldja (Leia)

Comment

Working...
                  X