Point Allocation Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Point Allocation Tool

Now to wait for 1.21a, but not like I actually know how I would better distribute my points anyway. <_<;
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Ewwwwww... One time use Stat Reset...

I hope they change it later on... I can't stand having "If you make a mistake... Haha your screwed now!"

Comment

Originally posted by Etra View Post
        VIT is terrible. It only adds about 1.4HP per point and it's adjustment to defense isn't that great, either. DEX isn't that great, because of the full party buff capping you out on accuracy. DEX for block rate with GLD was always kinda crap, but haven't heard how it translates with Paladin yet.

STR and MND will increase your damage, allowing you to hold hate better (one of the many issues with Paladin right now.) Not to mention, your Cures will be a tad better with the added MND.
        Every point of HP counts, and it's not just def it directly reduces damage taken. Now, I'm unsure of the exact impact it has but still - I'll take every scrap I can get. Unlike FFXI, GLA & PLD have quite a lot of good hate tools as it is, so I'm not terribly worried about needing to deal damage.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
          THM needs INT & PIE, and to a lesser degree MND however gear can probably make up for magic acc.
          By the way, I forgot to ask about this because I was too busy poking on you. But, I don't think spending points on PIE as a THM works anymore. They give you 1 MP (yes 1) per upgrade, which is lolable at best.

I just focus on INT and then the rest on MND (and VIT at lower levels.)

VIT made a nice difference at lower levels because MP and M.Acc weren't an issue, survival for larger chaining was. Since I didn't have CNJ dmg mitigation tools at the time. Although there's always the possibility of VIT being just placebo. Either way, once I reset my points I'll just switch those points completely over to MND unless they fix PIE.
          sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Why would you not want PIE on THM? You need it for sleep & your other enfeebling spells.
            sigpic

Comment

What other enf spells? <_<;

And magic acc would probably work better, or at the very least the same. I'm lvl 41 right now so I don't even have sleep yet anyway.

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

PS > Unless PIE really makes Sleep way more powerful somehow, then I'd consider splitting the remaining points between MND and PIE. <_<;
              sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

for THM:

INT > MND > PIE
                75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                RANK 10 Bastok
                CoP: Done
                ZM: Done
                ToA: Done
                Assault rank: Captain
                Campaign Medal: Medals
                Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Sadly I think so too. I just wish PIE added way more MP like it used to, Because 1MP per point is a joke. >_<

So unless anything changes on 1.21a I'll just cap INT and set the remaining points to MND.

PS > And if I still have points after capping both at lvl 50 (can you actually cap both?) I'd probably spend them on VIT just for the lulz. XD
                  sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

OK wtf, I thought THM had more enfeebling magic before, but now it's JUST sleep? Unless it affects the other spells that have a chance of inflicting an added effect like Freeze.
                    sigpic

Comment

THM's have enfeebling effects coupled with other spells. ie Blizzara adds heavy effect, or something like that. I think maybe a Stone spell adds slow. So there arent enfeebling spells, but enfeebling affects that can proc based upon casting an elemental spell.
                      75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                      RANK 10 Bastok
                      CoP: Done
                      ZM: Done
                      ToA: Done
                      Assault rank: Captain
                      Campaign Medal: Medals
                      Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                      This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Yeah, there are enfeeb effects added to only 2 spells (Blizzard - Heavy and Blizzara - Bind) but they are pretty meh for the most part. Only kinda sort of relatively useful effect is from Blizzara in case you are getting hit and want to run away you can aoe bind the mobs, but it is soooo not worth spending points on it.
                        sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

From my experience with NM mobs, leve mobs, over-level mobs (yes, I sometimes get bored and want to see how long before I die to something 10+) and multiple mobs (all melee, mixed or all casters) the core stat priority I've seen while soloing has been:

STR = VIT > MND > DEX > ??????

Now, end-game might be different, which is where DEX can come back into play, depending on many extenuating circumstances (i.e., do you have a dedicated healer in group or is this where everyone heals when they can and everyone except the "tank" and "off tank" are hybrid dps) This makes VIT even more important, more important than the other stats. STR adds to enmity (through DMG) and GLA/PLD damage is not that great in the first place so that's why you need to make up some of that deficit instead of just ignoring it completely.

VIT > STR > DEX (if VIT is capped, take pts from VIT and put here) > MND > ????

If you're looking for an FFXI Pally type of style, you may even drop DEX and STR lower and put MND higher, but I need to see just how much healing you get from MND. There is one weaponskill which GLA has (that PLD has access to) that does AOE dmg and AOE mini-taunt all in one which benefits from both STR and MND. That's why these stats tend to be higher priority, again, dependant on playstyle and your needs.

Edit: Typo
                          Last edited by Aeni; 03-19-2012, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X