My game is teh borked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My game is teh borked.

So, yeah. Haven't played since they started charging, but in order to prepare for the new server merges, I reactivated my account and tried to log in (wanted to play.) However, I can't even connect to the patch server? Been going on since the 29th of February.

Are they doing some kind of crazy maintenance before the new patch, or what's wrong with my client? :C I even reinstalled... No go.
    sigpic

Re: My game is teh borked.

Check your firewall settings in case something is blocked. They use P2P for the updates too.
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I totally disabled my firewall and still nothing. I use ESET.
      sigpic

Comment

(your acct name) > Documents > My Games > FINAL FANTASY XIV > downloads > ffxiv > 48eca647 > metainfo > (torrents)

Choose the particular torrent for the patch you're trying to download to update. Use a torrent program (like μTorrent) and then manually move over the downloaded patch file into the folder called patch (should be in same folder where the metainfo folder is) There's actually two folders in ffxiv, but the other folder is for the downloader itself, which hasn't seen any updates in a very long time.

Comment

That's not the problem at all, though. I can't even connect to the patch server to get a version check... So, not getting far enough to even start the download process or retrieve the torrent files so I can use uTorrent to update manually. I don't know what's going onnnn. :C
          sigpic

Comment

Run the game as admin, that could be it.
            sigpic
            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I second Ray's suggestion. The same happened to me before I ran it as an admin.

(not insulting your intelligence... just going to explain it as if you don't know)

Right click your desktop FFXIV icon and select the option to run the program as an Admin. If that doesn't solve your problem, let me know and I'll see what I can try to figure out from here.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
              99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
              99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                I second Ray's suggestion. The same happened to me before I ran it as an admin.

(not insulting your intelligence... just going to explain it as if you don't know)

Right click your desktop FFXIV icon and select the option to run the program as an Admin. If that doesn't solve your problem, let me know and I'll see what I can try to figure out from here.
                No worries. Always good to include the how-to part. And that didn't work at all. :/ Still can't connect to the server.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Fixed it. Sort of. I had to turn off my HTTP Web Protection thing in ESET to get it to connect... I don't know which ports to allow for it, so it had to be turned off. x.x

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

It has been fully fixed! Woohoo!

Thanks all!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X