Translated Eorzean Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Translated Eorzean Maps

Hiya all, this is Khalus Akuhei of Eldritch Eponym, thought I'd release this map on your forums first as I think the member-base here would appreciate it more than others. Over the past few months of being in CB and now in OB, I was discovering it to be difficult to read the maps of FFXIV, thus I decided to learn the Eorzean Language and begin work on a translation project to better help the whole of the FFXIV Community.

To start with, here is the Worldmap and after running around the whole of the world that is available in OB and speaking with every NPC to confirm difficult to read Eorzean, I believe I've gotten every location as accurate as possible for now:

I'll be sure to update it should something be incorrect, so lemme know, enjoy! And this is just a teaser for now, as I do have every map in the game translated like this and soon I'll be releasing them all via our Linkshell Forums!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Another teaser since this is not only my favorite new City-State, but other members of our LS and the majority of the FFXIV Community, so I've read on many forums.

This is also a better look at what all the other maps look like {that I've translated and marked}, which has been quite time consuming but also rewarding. As far as I know, no other site have translated maps or as detailed markings, well Yellow Gremlin is pretty good, but eh!

Enjoy~

Additional features I added to all maps:
    • Translated all the Eorzean Language.
    • Every NPC marked and sub-title for shops, guild marks, chocobo, etc
    • Created and enhanced new Icons for all the guilds, services and locations.
    • Created red, zone arrows w/ additional text also in red to where that zone edge takes you, for those that are known.
    • Highlighted where the Market Wards are as well as added its map.
    • For buildings with more than one floor, I cut out the building location and pasted it nearby for less confusion on where NPCs are located.

Last edited by TheGrandMom; 09-09-2010, 05:02 PM.

Re: Translated Eorzean Worldmap

Pretty sweet. Thanks for this.
    Gatts - PLD75/WAR37

Comment

Moving this to New Player Resources because I think it will be helpful.
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I've combined the threads to keep all the maps in one spot. I also changed the title a bit.
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

THANK YOU

PLEASE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Comment

Wait, the official map isn't even in "English"? That's silly.

I'm not even going to begin to imagine the work it took to translate a fake language so, lots of congrats are in order. Shame I won't be able to use it... well, unless I run back and forth to the computer. Ha! <-- PS3
            Originally posted by Yygdrasil
            Originally posted by Nandito
            Ponies.

Duh.
            You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

It is in English, but the font is so crazy it's difficult to read.

Comment

All of our maps are now available on our Linkshell forums.

Please click on the Maps button on our navigation bar to find them!

Comment

Originally posted by Nandito View Post
                  I'm not even going to begin to imagine the work it took to translate a fake language so, lots of congrats are in order.
                  Not to discount the fine work being done here, but translating fake 'languages' is usually pretty easy. Most of the time, creators don't put the time into creating an actual language (Klingon and Na'vi being the most famous examples), but rather simply take English (or their native language) and change it somehow; whether inventing new words but keeping the same basic grammar, changing the letters but keeping the actual language in English, so it just requires swapping, some combination of the two (like the Al Bhed language), and so on.

Translating a true conlang is only as difficult as translating any other language with the same amount of resources available.

Comment

These are going to be invaluable resource for many players I believe. I just hope they change the font style and put it in english to many people who wont be playing on the computer.

Comment

Re: Translated Eorzean Maps

Thanks indeed, I was debating on if I should focus on learning how to read the stylised gibberish on the maps or just run around blind >.<
                      Nothing to see here people, let's keep the line moving >.>

Comment

How the hell do I get to Limsa Lominsa? I don't see any zone lines to Thanalan or Coerthas, or wherever else.

Comment

LOL I tried this with some friends the other night and got sick and had to log off. We were in MorDor (can't remember the real name but thats what I'm calling it!) and after I logged they finally ran into someone that just teleported them to Limsa. (Fire Drakes are awesome cool.......and NAAAASTY! lol) Now we are going to try for UlDah one day and I hope I can make it there and not miss all the fun. Fun being:

Attached Files

Comment

Let me know when you get their TGM and I'll come to see you.

Comment

Might be a while because I'm rather squishy and my cohorts already got there without me. Now I need to convince them to take me there again.....which they don't have time in their busy schedules for apparently. (And no I won't teleport because I want the experience of getting there on foot, its fun!)

Comment

Working...
                              X