Error 30002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 30002

Anyone getting bombarded by this error as of late? I don't know what's going on but it keeps popping up every 5 mins and it's veeeeeeery annoying. I've resetted my router and modem multiple times, is there anything else i'm missing?

Re: Error 30002

When do you get that error and what were you doing? The only errors I've gotten were the 50000s and that's because my server tends to be unstable when there's a lot of people logging on at once and when the RMT are grinding (you will see them all with hardly any gear on and on auto-follow on one character) I think the RMT gets reported to SE a lot though because it's usually a different group of these randomly named characters that pop up every so often and I've never seen them move beyond Skull Camp.

Comment

I'm getting the error no matter what. If I'm running around in Uldah I get it. If I'm running to black brush/horizon/drybone/halatali/broken water I get it. If I'm crafting I get it . . .basically I'm getting it ALL the time. Sometimes it takes 5 mins and other times it takes 10 mins to get the error. Its been happening all day today. The only time I"m able to stay on is with the cable from the modem directly connected to my computer, but this isn't a long term solution since I need to share the internet with my roommates. I've also upgraded the firmware to the router and the firmware of my drivers. So i'm not sure what to do.

Comment

What version of Windows are you running? If you go to Network and Sharing Center (Vista 64) or whatever there is under Win 7, look at the icons displaying your network connections (more like pictograms, they're a lot bigger than icons) Underneath the motif you should see a link to View Status next to Local Connection. A dialog window will pop up. Click on diagnose. Even if it results in a "no problem detected" you'll receive an additional option to RESET the network. Do so and let it run it's course. This will flush out your network cache and works in different ways that rebooting your computer.

You should also look into calling your ISP and have them help you figure out your latency and your ping. You can also do this yourself:

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test
        Pingtest.net - The Global Broadband Quality Test

You need to manually select a server outside of the US ... point it to Tokyo to be more specific. You need to determine where you're hitting the most latency and then isolating it down to what telco carriers your ISP is routing traffic through. If they can negotiate a different route and/or bypass certain points on the way you could see significant improvements in quality of your speed.

I live in Hawaii so I'm not going to see the same problems you are. Don't look at S/R in the game as I find it most inaccurate and does not give you a good handle on how your connections are behaving.

Comment

So I ran a Diagnose, but it didn't give me the option to reset anything. It just says "Explore additional options" (which i clicked and it had nothing containing clear cache) and "Close the troubleshooter"

---------- Post added at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

Is there any way to tell if it's my ethernet card going out?

Comment

Originally posted by Zempten View Post
            Is there any way to tell if it's my ethernet card going out?
            I think SiSandra or something similar might be able to diagnose imminent failure but I'm not really an expert on that. If anyone else wants to chime in here to help it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

The 3000 series errors pop up for me occasionally when I minimize my FFXIV window to browse the internet (yg or lodestone really). When I flip back over, I sometimes have this message. I have a feeling it's a bug. Running the game in windowed mode is supposed to prevent crashes when you Alt+Tab.

If you're not flipping screens, I have actually seen this happen to me and one other guy when I was doing leves. I remember it because I was on my last kill when it happened and I lost the leve. Not cool.

In that senario, I dont know why it happens... but it's not just you.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
              99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
              99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

well it has been getting even worse, i can't stay on for even a minute now (im not exxagerating at all). I ended up calling my ISP who told me to directly connect the cable to my laptop and when that worked they tossed me to the router guy. I called the router tech guy and he spent an hr with me and then came to the conclusion that my router is dead. So i bought a new router today D-Link DRT-665 and now i can't connect to the internet period. It keeps telling me my network has no internet connection. So here I am at a coffee shop trying to figure out what to do. Can ANYONE provide some help please? The router tells first shows up an orange light for the internet icon(no internet detection) but afterawhile it turns blue and blinks (as if transfering data). So why can't i connet to the internet at all? I've also called the dlink tech person who just told me to reset the router and then to disable my windows firewall and my toshiba utilities . . .somehow i don't think that's an issue not to mention i can't even disable the toshiba utilities.

Comment

Are you behind a firewall living in a dorm? If you're not at a campus dorm than ignore that question. If you are then you need to talk to your campus administration (or dorm advisor to see if anything could be done about that)

Beyond that, if this is something you have control over, I'd suggest calling tech support and asking them to do a line test. Not a test to see if the router is working but an actual line test (physical) IF they don't have proper equipment (maybe because they're leasing the lines from a local telco/cable operator) then they need to send people to your location and have them test it that way. Find out if the copper lines have degraded to the point that they'll need to replace it but make sure you're not responsible for that expense on your end. Usually will cost them thousands of dollars to replace these things but depending on your local utilities commission it's probably something that they need to do. You can threaten them with a lawsuit if state or local law permits as that is impeding on your rights as a citizen (again, depending on the laws)

Comment

Working...
                  X