Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXIV Leveling Guide

Hello

I was wondering if anyone found a leveling guide or something. I saw one on blue gartr but than it completely got derailed. Does anyone mind posting their experiences? I'm a 29 THM at the moment

Re: FFXIV Leveling Guide

29 THM? I think you might be on the bleeding edge of this community I hope someone can help you because I'm like 1.7 times lower than you with my highest "combat" class ... 16 Marauder >.<

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
      29 THM? I think you might be on the bleeding edge of this community I hope someone can help you because I'm like 1.7 times lower than you with my highest "combat" class ... 16 Marauder >.<
      I agree with Aeni here... you're asking us for help, but I would actually argue that you could teach us way more than we can teach you about lvling at this point. I've focused more on crafting than combat up till now. I have a lvl16 Conj to brag about while I also have a lvl 10 Alchemist, a lvl 12 Leatherworker and a lvl 17 Weaver sitting on top of a lvl 26 Physical. I want to know what you were killin to get from 16-20.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
      99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
      99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

You can spend most of the time 15-20 on the crabs at the south coast of Camp Skull Valley. You can also do the crabs to the east of the zoneline of Cedarwood/Bloodshore. 20-25 can be done in Casspiohollow. You can even mix it up from 23-27 on the antlings in Copperbell Mines. From 27 to 29 I've been doing Black Efts around Camp Nine Ives/Treespeck. I also found it is nice to make a 4 person group to kill the puks in Nanwa Mines. You get like maybe 100-200 per mob (sometimes none) but you kill them so fast it makes up for it.

Just remember to party with as much people as possible. At first it may seem like mobs are dying too fast and you get like 50-100 on one mob, but than on another mob you'll get around 300-400 to makeup for it. As a THM I can get up to 150-200 on a slow/absorb-type/silence. Also it's nice to cast banish and scourge for around 100-150 for the DMG and an additional 100-150 for landing the effect. Of course, cure as well. I should mention that anymore than 2 mages and you won't get much from curing though. Since everyone is spamming cures and your stuck with just 30-40 for giving people regen. Also phantom dart gives around 30-40 and Damnation can give around 60-80.

Hope that helps.

[EDIT] Try to keep people at a 5 lvl difference. Use search/recurit feature under Party to find and create parties faster. Also if done correctly, you can still exp while fatigued. I've gotten 50-400+ SP while fatigued. I think it has to do with having over 10 people in the PT due the bonus. I'm not sure though and don't have concrete proof/evidence to support but my own observations.
        Last edited by Zempten; 11-16-2010, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the tips Zempten.

Comment

Originally posted by Zempten View Post
            You can spend most of the time 15-20 on the crabs at the south coast of Camp Skull Valley. You can also do the crabs to the east of the zoneline of Cedarwood/Bloodshore. 20-25 can be done in Casspiohollow. You can even mix it up from 23-27 on the antlings in Copperbell Mines. From 27 to 29 I've been doing Black Efts around Camp Nine Ives/Treespeck. I also found it is nice to make a 4 person group to kill the puks in Nanwa Mines. You get like maybe 100-200 per mob (sometimes none) but you kill them so fast it makes up for it.

Just remember to party with as much people as possible. At first it may seem like mobs are dying too fast and you get like 50-100 on one mob, but than on another mob you'll get around 300-400 to makeup for it. As a THM I can get up to 150-200 on a slow/absorb-type/silence. Also it's nice to cast banish and scourge for around 100-150 for the DMG and an additional 100-150 for landing the effect. Of course, cure as well. I should mention that anymore than 2 mages and you won't get much from curing though. Since everyone is spamming cures and your stuck with just 30-40 for giving people regen. Also phantom dart gives around 30-40 and Damnation can give around 60-80.

Hope that helps.

[EDIT] Try to keep people at a 5 lvl difference. Use search/recurit feature under Party to find and create parties faster. Also if done correctly, you can still exp while fatigued. I've gotten 50-400+ SP while fatigued. I think it has to do with having over 10 people in the PT due the bonus. I'm not sure though and don't have concrete proof/evidence to support but my own observations.
            When you're talking about the crabs to the south of Skull Valley, you're not suggesting that anyone try to solo them are you? Last I checked they were still IT to a R15. How many people would you suggest go up against them? Keep in mind that I have limited friends who play at the same times as I do and can rarely find help... let alone a party of 10.

I'm a R16 Conjurer. With Protect / SS / Shock Spikes I can hold my own... but I'm thinking a Glad / Pug / Lanc or a combination of the 3 would suit me best if I tried this technique.

Comment

Yes, those are the crabs I am referring to. I did those crabs with another healer in the lvl range of 10-15. I would suggest a minimum of at least 4 -7 people. I don't know if this helps, but I don't know anyone one either. I just shout in LL while using the recruit feature and I usually get people pretty quickly (5 to 30 mins). Don't be afraid to shout and explore - the game is relatively new and nobody really knows EXACTLY what they are doing like the did in 11. So get a new messy =P

[EDIT] In order to not die .. try to get anyone who can either use provoke/taunt or both and make sure they share tanking. Its way more productive to use a single cure to hit multiple people for multiple skill points than just a single person again and again.

Comment

Originally posted by Zempten View Post
                Yes, those are the crabs I am referring to. I did those crabs with another healer in the lvl range of 10-15. I would suggest a minimum of at least 4 -7 people. I don't know if this helps, but I don't know anyone one either. I just shout in LL while using the recruit feature and I usually get people pretty quickly (5 to 30 mins). Don't be afraid to shout and explore - the game is relatively new and nobody really knows EXACTLY what they are doing like the did in 11. So get a new messy =P

[EDIT] In order to not die .. try to get anyone who can either use provoke/taunt or both and make sure they share tanking. Its way more productive to use a single cure to hit multiple people for multiple skill points than just a single person again and again.
                Thanks. I'll be trying this tomorrow!

Comment

Going to just use some posts to make notes. Hope you guys don't mind.

This is from the experiences of a THM. So if anyone has any other viewpoints share them please.

*I soloed to 10*

PTs typically have 5-7+ members.
                  10-15 Island Crab (Camp Skull Valley)
                  15-20 Island Crab (Cedarwood)
                  20-25 Island Crab (Cassiohollow)
                  20-25 Ants (Copperbell Mines)
                  20-25 Puks (Nanawa Mines)
                  25-30 Black Efts (Treespeck via Camp Emerald Moss, Camp Nine Ives, Tamtam via Camp Bentbrush)
                  30-35 Bark Efts (Silent Arbor via Camp Tranquil)
                  *Watchout for cone attack - (indicated by orange emitting light) Shell is VERY helpful or just mages who don't spam and can cure once they see the AE motion being prepared
                  *ae attack (indicated by pruple emitting light) - just binds you so no worries

30-35 Grass Raptor(Boulder Downs via Camp Ever Lakes)
                  Foul Breath - cone attack (indicated by orange emitting light) Shell is VERY helpful if not required or just mages who don't spam and can cure once they see the AE motion being prepared
                  Scythe Tail - used when someone is in the back it seems. Does WAY more than Foul Breath (Scythe Tail hit me for 2.8k where as Foul Breath hit for 1k)
                  Note: Have over 1k HP + Shell to reduce deaths. For those who can't reach 1k HP it's best to stand to sides (mages). If your a mage - you can pretty much just have your Cure's preselected onto someone till it readies Foul Breath and you'll max out to 500 within 2-3 cures. Just focus on maintaining MP. I reassigned points evenly into VIT and PIETY.
                  Last edited by Zempten; 11-17-2010, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Wow, thanks for this Zempten. That's a pretty good list and highlights a lot of things to watch out for.

Since I switched over to GLD from MRD, I haven't yet been able to reassign points and partially it's because I'm also a BSM. However, I've been really looking at the BSM market and besides weapons (Which pale in comparison to the few that could be made in other crafts and that happen to be magical and thus better) I didn't see anything that really impressed me and that I couldn't buy from other players. I might just switch to ARM and not bother with reassignment headaches since ARM is based off of VIT and GLD seems to prosper better with a balance between magic defense, health and shield abilities.

The 3-1-3 build of MRD is ironically a good solo build for GLD so unless I find myself in a static PT I won't really need to worry about this for a while longer.

Comment

For solo/duo at the 20 to 0 range the dungeons (names escape me at the moment) near camp emerald green seem to support just find as long as no AOE there are few aggro mobs (Dread Wolf yellow to 22 lnc, Toad Hunter(Miq lnc) red to 22 lnc).

I haven't been on as much during week days and will mostly be limited only to Saturdays for a bit (and most likely even less time when i finally get around to purchasing Assassin's Creed) but I have explored some areas of interest.

Hippocerf party 20-25 west of camp glory prior to bridge,east of camp Dragon Head prior to bridge (Caution they aggro by sight seems to be 15-20 yalms, Has AOE Stun)

Buzzard party 20-25 NW and SW of Camp Nine Ives (They spawn around Efts they aggro so you have to fight them anyway sometimes. Caution AOE Full TP drain Screech wide angle Cone wind element knock back)

Comment

This is all great stuff and is all going into my "Comprehensive All-In-One Guide to Playing FFXIV Efficiently". If it actually looks half-decent in the end, I'll post a link to it somewhere here on the forum. Since information reguarding a lot of various topics are sparce and spread thin over this and a few other sites, I'm hoping to make a NON-WIKI Sticky of my own.

Aeni, Zempten, TGM and any others who have posted information regularly will definately be given credit for their info.

Ultimately It's going to serve as more of a stockpile of info that is useful to me all in one place. Anyone else who benefits from it's singular location is a bonus.

Comment

Lone Wolf (not sure of the other wolves) do not make for "easy" solo exp. They have this howling debuff which reduces your stamina bar so that your ability to use expensive or exhaustive abilities or to spam consecutive attacks are greatly hampered. It's not an easy battle and it doesn't give very good skills either. I would leave the wolves alone for Conjurers or ranged attackers and would advice Thaus to not take them on since they rape fast and hard.

I think Dodos are still the best solo options up until 20. You can find them all over the damn place. The only problem is availbility and they do not respawn as quick as some other mobs. Galagos and possibly Puks might be good alternatives but you have to find a solid object to place your back to or risk being knocked back too far and having the mob reset aggro and regain his health back again.

Comment

This is all going to probably change after the update, since they're making SP based on the mob's difficulty instead of number of hits like it is now.(should be implemented tonight)

Basicly it'll more or less like FFXI.

Which is really great, I'm sick of intentionally prolonging fights to milk out as much exp as I can and being screwed when PTing on GLA since I'm focusing on buffs and shield, instead of spaming light slash for SP.

They better implement chains now!

Comment

well, it seems like raptors are almost impossible now after the patch. Fighting efts only gives 130-180 SP. that's my experience so far

Comment

Working...
                              X