Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will the Difference between Pugilist and Monk be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will the Difference between Pugilist and Monk be?

General Question just courious since i came to the consencous that Pugilist WAS Monk

Re: What will the Difference between Pugilist and Monk be?

So far, the details of what MNK will be in the future is still fuzzy. They haven't released a lot of information on any of the new (advanced) jobs yet. When that time comes, I'm sure the lines will be more clearly defined between the 2.

As it stands right now, there's not a lot of difference between GLAD and PLD... CONJ and WHM... THUM and BLM or LANC and DRG.

If anything, I would anticipate that the advanced versions will simply increase the stats of those jobs, introduce class-specific gear and perhaps a hand full of new abilities while limiting them in the number of cross-class skills they are able to set.

Whatever they have planned, balance is going to be the biggest challenge.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Re: What will the Difference between Pugilist and Monk be?

There's plenty of difference between the classes & jobs, and I imagine they're going to define it further as we go along.

I'm actually a little surprised however, that they didn't just outright take away CNJ's elemental spells and give them to THM given that class has BLM. Or at the very least, restrict those skills when you play as a WHM.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
      X