Bugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugs?

I've decided to pick up Botanist ONLY because I am told that you harvest Bugs/Moss via Botanist. that being said... I've ground from R1- R6 and not seen a single Bug/Moss in my loot yet. Can anyone tell me where/how to harvest Bugs/Moss? My clothes need color GDI!
    Last edited by Yygdrasil; 11-16-2010, 12:50 PM. Reason: Sorry for the misleading subject line...

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Re: Bugs?

I've gotten some bugs from Level 1 trees in Limsa and one color moss from a Level 2 tree around Skull Camp (I don't remember the exact name) I'm not sure if Botanists get more bugs than people grinding mobs but I've gotten a couple from random kills doing leves, mostly off Puk Hatchlings (Yes, actual bugs, not the "cages" or bait traps used in fishing)

Your best bet might be off Level 1 trees in the Black Shroud since I see a lot of retainers in Gridania with bugs. However, I could be mistakened for those players who farmed elsewhere and then ported back to Gridania (home base) and put stuff on their retainers.

Comment

I found bugs. Cactuars East of Ul'dah. They're on a hill to the left of the zone-line for the Black Shroud. They drop 4 different kinds of bugs. All 4 of them I believe are the buffalo dye components.

As a R20 Conj with 600HP and SS, Thousand Needles still ripped through me like a knife through butter. Protect does nothing to mitigate the damage... neither does Shell. I had both on and it still hit for 1000. If you can fell them fast, they're great solo SP and good for stock-piling bugs, but if you're low on HP like me... bring a friend to tank as a duo.

Comment

I tried a cactuar and was doing well and then got ripped for 1,000. I had barely 1,070 hp at the time. Now I'm up to 1,180 and can get it to almost 1,300 with food buffs ... but I still won't try. -_-;

Comment

1000 needles (in leves atleast) hits EVERYBODY for 1k, not 1k split amongst the party members, no no, 1k each.

Freaking annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Freelancer View Post
            1000 needles (in leves atleast) hits EVERYBODY for 1k, not 1k split amongst the party members, no no, 1k each.

Freaking annoying.
            That IS annoying. GDI SUQEENIX!!!! You go and make something terrible... then fix it years later so that it works the way it's supposed to... only to do it all over again with something else. What the hell is wrong with you?

*cough* BRING BACK LEVEL SYNCING *cough*

Subtle enough, or do I have to carve it into one of your designer's foreheads?

kthxbai

Comment

Are you sure it wasn't 10,000 needles? And you had less than 10 players and damage is capped to 1,000?

HUR HUR HUR HUR HUR

(check the logs ... maybe that's what happened)

I am gonna fully expect SE to implement a "King HNM" named Cactrot Rapist with an ability called 100,000 Needles.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

I'm also expecting a new gear set ... the Behemoth Leather Dominatrix Set.

Behemoth Leather Dominatrix Hat (Purple)
              Behemoth Leather Dominatrix Jacket (Purple)
              Behemoth Leather Dominatrix Gloves (Purple)
              Behemoth Leather Dominatrix Belt (Purple)
              Behemoth Leather Dominatrix Calligae (Purple)
              Dominatrix Diamond Encrusted Collar
              Dominatrix Diamond Encrusted Bracelet
              Dominatrix Obscenely Huge Diamond Ring

Set Bonus: Lowers Piety by 100%, increases Mind by 100% and each attack enables Bloodthirst aura buff which converts 20% of damage received into regenerative health and decrease damage taken by 20% (Stackable up to 3 times)

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
                Are you sure it wasn't 10,000 needles? And you had less than 10 players and damage is capped to 1,000?

HUR HUR HUR HUR HUR

(check the logs ... maybe that's what happened)

I am gonna fully expect SE to implement a "King HNM" named Cactrot Rapist with an ability called 100,000 Needles.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

I'm also expecting a new gear set ... the Behemoth Leather Dominatrix Set.

Behemoth Leather Dominatrix Hat (Purple)
                Behemoth Leather Dominatrix Jacket (Purple)
                Behemoth Leather Dominatrix Gloves (Purple)
                Behemoth Leather Dominatrix Belt (Purple)
                Behemoth Leather Dominatrix Calligae (Purple)
                Dominatrix Diamond Encrusted Collar
                Dominatrix Diamond Encrusted Bracelet
                Dominatrix Obscenely Huge Diamond Ring

Set Bonus: Lowers Piety by 100%, increases Mind by 100% and each attack enables Bloodthirst aura buff which converts 20% of damage received into regenerative health and decrease damage taken by 20% (Stackable up to 3 times)
                No whip?

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                  No whip?
                  No class.

Wonder if Dominatrix would be considered Magic...

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
                    No class.

Wonder if Dominatrix would be considered Magic...
                    Well there's brute force in there. That's for sure. So that would make me lean towards Melee.

Then you also have to consider that a lot of the job would have to do with demorilizing words.... threats, chastising and safety words.

With that in mind... I'm inclined to say that it would be a lot more like BARD. Just a mean... nasty Bard.
                    Last edited by Yygdrasil; 12-02-2010, 11:55 AM. Reason: Added safety word (It's sascatchawan)

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                      Just an exceptionally sensual and sadistic ... Bard.
                      Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni
                        Just an exceptionally sensual and sadistic ... Bard.
                        They would go exceptionally well together, as all bards are masochists.

Comment

Safety word: Shantotto

Comment

I think you got that in reverse. Shanttoto is not the safety word as Shanttoto is merely the construct of an entire industry (sexualized fantasies in the form of pain and psychological trauma)

Comment

Shantotto = A figurine on my computer desk. I flick her every time I die in FFXIV. Actually... I blame her for everything that goes wrong in the game. Evil sorceress...

Comment

Working...
                              X