Money Makers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money Makers

I was shocked to find out there is a huge demand for armor ... thought interest would die out as we near 2.0. I've made 500K in just a couple of days selling steel armor sets (cuirass, etc) and I had a lot of blue dye for them. Anyway, what are some decent gil makers in any profession? I'm trying to find things to skill on, especially as you go through mid-way, since the recipes tend to get expensive (unless you plevel off leves only)

Re: Money Makers

Low level gear in general should be popular if ARR does cause an influx of new players.
    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

The real money is at 49+ doing double melds. People will pay out the nose for that - or even just Tier 4 materia if you can make the right gear for it, get your spirit bond up and then convert it.

I've managed to do OK so far from just selling rings and ingots, as well as logs (you'd be amazed how much walnut logs go for despite how easy they are to get).

I could be making a killing off of mythril & cobalt (and probably should unload it) but I need them for exp.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
        Low level gear in general should be popular if ARR does cause an influx of new players.
        You have a good point. I'm not sure what the maximum amount of items you can have up for sale at one time, but if they allow you to send mail (via Moogle) to your characters, then it's not a big issue (especially with a Legacy account) I should probably gather materials for that later on.

Comment

All the more reason to power them crafts & gathering classes - HQ all the things!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
            All the more reason to power them crafts & gathering classes - HQ all the things!
            I actually decided not to get too far because I didn't know what the climate would be. I do not want to be known as the 48,583rd level 50 blacksmith on the server. Mostly because you're pretty much guaranteed you're not going to sell anything unless you are in a hardcore raiding guild and can obtain the rarest of rare monster drops to craft the most obscenely priced items in the game.

Comment

I wasn't talking about endgame stuff, I was referring to being able to easily gather HQ materials for lower level items and popping out HQ's at a discount to the newbies - it's a good way to make friends too.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                I wasn't talking about endgame stuff, I was referring to being able to easily gather HQ materials for lower level items and popping out HQ's at a discount to the newbies - it's a good way to make friends too.
                Well, how did you think I made my fortune? I don't know about making friend aspect. Most people don't give a shit and two giggles if they're lifting the products from your retainers.

Crafting tools were what made me the most money pre-crafting changes (1.00-1.09sh) If you look through my "screenshot" thread, all of those HQs would get me roughly 80-100K per tool.

Comment

The big money's in skirmish weapons & materia/melds right now.
                  sigpic

Comment

I just got BSM to 50 over the weekend, it took me about 1.5 month and aound 1 mil. I'm going on to Armorer now, probably with the same parameters. 1.5 month, probably another mil. I'm wanting to get as many DoH jobs to 50 before the new release so I can take advantage of all the new players. You make no money leveling BSM and ARM if you're maxing out your xp gain per synth. On taking my CRP to 50, i made a little money.
                    75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                    RANK 10 Bastok
                    CoP: Done
                    ZM: Done
                    ToA: Done
                    Assault rank: Captain
                    Campaign Medal: Medals
                    Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                    This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

As of right now, shit that sells at break even or slight profit, and sells fucking quick:
                      Anything Militia = Swords, rations, gorget, longboots, bows, etc.
                      EXAMPLE: (Balmung prices as of last night)
                      1 Navigator ear = 10k
                      1 Rosewood branch = 1k (approx.)
                      1 Sagoli Sage = 3.7k (bought from NPC)
                      LVL 50 synth> stacks to 99> sells for>>> 20k a piece.
                      Or you can sell it for cost and have it out of your retainer in about an hour. It's basically free EXP from level 40 to 50
                      STUF THAT isn't Militia items but still makes money:

ALC>> Mega-Ethers,Mega-potions, Elixirs (although elixirs take some capital to get started)

CUL>> Buttons in a blanket (depending on button mushrooms and midland cabbage prices, each synth makes two BiaB) Tuna Mi'qibob

ARM>> Honestly not alot of profit here, unless you have 50 miner, and can mine yourself some Darksteel ore +1, however, great craft to have leveled for repairing,melding,spot crafting stuff. Would honestly say it's more a utility DoH than profit. (It can still make money, but imo not as time efficent as other classes)

WVR>> Spirit bond gear. oh man can you make some spirit bond gear: hands,legs,body,head,feet mainly, best way to do it. Figure out cost for materials for 5-7 synths, double what a single synth cost you, and sell at that price. I.E: Felt half gloves cost you 20k to make, sell them for 40k, someone has them listed for 20k? laugh and list them for 35k and still sell the damn things cause people love SBing shit

LTR>> Spirit bond gear again. Specifically, Datted Tarred Voyager belt, Raptorskin Choker. Felt bracers sell decent enough since everyone is usually blowing them the fuck up trying to double/triple meld them.

BSM>> Two options here, Ax and Polearm for SB (Demuline Bhuj, cobalt polearm thing...) as well as any other good SB weapon. ORRRR Relics. If your gonna go the relic route, i reccomend you have (at a minimum) Double melded STR crafting gloves (+32~ STR), Double melded STR crafting pants (+14STR+14DEX~) ((Swordsman's cry Materia Str+Dex, Reason dex as a secondary is for Goldsmithing, but you could also go the VIT route as VIT affects LTR & WW)) Double melded STR Mainhand tool, or Double Control tier IV (+10 total) main tool. going the relic route is expensive, as most stuff relic associated is, but if you can +1 some relic weapons, you'll quickly pay off your investment in gear.

GSM> Spirit bond stuff, seriously that's all your gonna make. rings, bracelets, necks, earrings, and also BLM weapons (the lowest tIV Intelligance materia on my server currently is 400k) You can turn decent profits making +1 accesories also, rings and bracelets and necklaces

Woodworking>> DAT COBALT ARROW SPAM, decent steady income, but nothing to write home about. Feet for Spirit bonding, melding. Alot of Lumber is used in weapon synths also, so that's an option.

I reccomend if you take any advice, that you level up a DOL for which ever DOH you want to level:
                      GSM,ARM,BSM,LTR*> Miner
                      WVR,WW,CUL> Botany
                      ALC,CUL> Fisher

LTR, IMO, get's it's own category, since it's main stuff comes from killing crap all over eorza. However i lumped it into Miner, because as you level up, you'll be spaming the shit out of Alumen to make skin's into leather, and you get Alumen from Mining.

Wow... that turned into a wall-o-txt.

Comment

wtf sage goes for THAT MUCH o.O

I never bothered to look at the prices on my server, I always just npc it... I've gotten tonnes of that shit from all the times I went harvesting for flax but just dumped it.... shit.

Also, ARM is an insane cash cow. Make high level armor -> convert into Tier 4 materia -> sell for insane coin. It is definitely more for utility than a cash cow though. (Just noitced I can take all the cobalt plates I'll be spamming as ARM and save them for cobalt plate belts with the boar leather I'm making on LTW... kick freak'n ass)
                        Last edited by Malacite; 08-27-2012, 01:17 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Steel goes for a lot, too. I actually managed to purchase a stack of bomb ash for 800g each (80,000g) and Steel Ingot was selling for 6-10K each. The fact that for most 50 BSM/ARM you can HQ ingots (3x recipe only way to go) you could be making dope cash in a heartbeat (~400K per stack or more if you were hoarding iron ores)

Same goes for silk and linen ... as long as you're 50.

Comment

WTF?!

When did steel jump up so much? I have nearly 2 full stacks that I'm not even using, got all of 'em from spamming ARM leves rofl ><
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X