Post 1.21 + Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post 1.21 + Stuff

I think an updated FAQ is an order for crafting. I hope people like Dux can contribute to the thread since there's a whole lot of stuff that's changed.

Anyway, for some resource:

mozk-tabetai.com : FFXIV DB

(Note that any item with "Dated" in the description means that it's an old recipe that will be phased out in some future patch)

There's a few things that I'd like to get confirmed, especially with regards to quality and success. So far, this is what I've seen:

Standard Synthesis
    Good Progression, Good Success, Poor Quality, increased durability loss on failure
    (Patch 1.20+ Success rate has dropped a lot, but progression has gained)

Rapid Synthesis
    Great Progression, Moderate Success, No Quality, greatly increased durability loss on failure

Careful Synthesis
    Poor Progression, Good Success, Great Quality, no change in durability loss on failure

White Orb
    Best Progression, Best Success, Least Quality

Yellow Orb
    Moderate Progression, Moderate Success, Moderate Quality

Red Orb
    Moderate Progression, Least Success, Best Quality

Multi-Color/Flashing Orb
    Success yields better quality, failure introduces Unstable Elements and increased durability loss

Time Indicator
    I have no idea how this works but there is an importance associated with the amount of time passed before selecting a synthesis. It seems that "spamming" synthesis leads to increase in failures and possible unstable elements introduced outside of Multi-Color/Flashing Orbs. I have not yet encountered "sparking" so I'm going to assume that has been removed.

-----

Process - so far, I've tried to follow Malacite's advice on rapid to > 50% progression in order to increase quality. However, this is not working ideally for me in crafts 25+ The process so far that has given me consistency is to start off with Standard at around 50% in time indicator, and then from there, proceed to use an ability. If a multi pops up, I use Preserve. If I see a red, I try Masterpiece and go for quality gains. If it's white, use Fulfillment and gradually weave in Standard and Careful to increase quality while maintaining progression. I save Blinding Speed as an "out" card and use Rapid if things start to go badly.

Tip: If you're at roughly low 30 to high 30 in durability and sitting on 70%sh in progression, use Careful only and try to fit in as much before durability drops to around 22-24. If your progression is only at around 84-88% when you get to this point, go with one more Careful and then finish off with a Standard. I'm finding the system starts to get hostile if you try to push your luck with quality near the end. If you're at 22-24 in durability with more than 16% of progression to go, don't push your luck and go with a Standard. If it fails, you should've at least gotten a 12% progression gain, leaving you with at least 10 durability (unless you failed on a Red or Multi) at which point you should try for Careful (3-4% progression left) since it never costs you more than 9 durability on a failure (Might actually lose 10 on a Multi ... pray that never happens) If all else fails, go for Rapid, since I find that you will succeed 80% of the time if Rapid is the last thing you ever do in order to get the last bit of progression to complete on a leve.

Also, don't bother using Wait too often ... that eats into your durability and in the long run will cost you a successful quality push or progression gain.
    Last edited by Aeni; 03-25-2012, 06:59 PM.
Working...
X