Some Preliminary Testing of the new spells/abilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Preliminary Testing of the new spells/abilities

There is already a thread about this on BG, where I posted my findings, but I am going to copy what I discovered today during Salvage here:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Got a chance to use these in Salvage, and while I didn't really get the chance to really get any hard data, I did notice the following (some may already be known, sorry!):

Auspice was AMAZING for the boss. It lowered TP move spam by quite a bit on the boss fight, much less paralyna/erase going around. Was very nice.

Esuna did not remove amnesia, neither did Sacrifice.

Esuna was a fucking godsend on gears and their dumb gravity.

The Stoneskin effect from Solace and cures was not significant but it was useful, did save a few melee hits. I will probably stay in Solace most of the time for that purpose, switching to Misery when I take a hit, for a couple of good cures.

Cura did very little under Solace, and significantly more under Misery. (Which was to be expected.) More testing would be needed because I had less gear when I did Cura under Solace than when I did it under Misery, and didn't really have the luxury of fucking around. But it was definitely noticeable. Cura under Solace did about 30 HP/person, while under Misery did about 180 HP. I did have a few more pieces of gear, but off the top of my head can't remember which. (I do know for both, I had body and weapon so that Cure potency was there.) More testing will need to be done with complete gear.

I have no hard figures or anything, but these are some of my observations from doing Salvage today.

Please feel free to add more observations here.
    sigpic
    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Re: Some Preliminary Testing of the new spells/abilities

Couple of additions:

Solstice and Misery DO stack with Light/Dark Arts and Sublimation

The Stoneskin effect from cures lasts for exactly 30 seconds and is usually potent enough to block about 2 hits. It's a pretty good emergency tool for getting stoneskin back up while soloing.

Curing someone for 0 HP WILL give them stoneskin. Curaga Spells DO NOT give stoneskin. No idea about Cura.

The scrolls for the new spells are expensive. They are about 60k each from the Galka in Rabao and I have no idea if they can be farmed or not yet. If anyone knows if mobs will drop these things then let me know because there is no way I can get together 240k before my next CoP (which is sometime tonight).

The Bonus to barspells from Solstice is about the same as the bonus from a Blessed Briault (EDIT: I don't know if the effects stack or not)

There is a cap on the damage you can take to power up Banish III while under Misery. I don't know what it is yet but it does add a noticeable amount of damage to Banish III.

Haven't tried out Solstice+Holy yet
    Last edited by Firewind; 04-08-2009, 08:09 PM.
    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

If you have to buy any two tonight, get Auspice and Esuna. Cura and Sacrifice can wait, honestly. Auspice is so useful for really any boss fight, I know I will use the shit out of it in Einherjar, Dynamis, Salvage, and on HNMs, probably on just about everything.

The Holy damage wasn't that impressive to me, but to be honest I wasn't really geared for it, since I was half naked in Salvage. I will have to play with it a bit more.

I'm really loving Esuna though, that gravity move in Salvage is a pain in the ass and it saved us a lot of time that I could remove it from everyone at once, and all I had to do was stand in AoE range. I'll deal.
      sigpic

Comment

Everyone seems to be saying Auspice is amazing...but my testing finds that it only gives 10% Subtle Blow. So...not sure what's the deal with that. Either 10% Subtle Blow is the shit in practice or everyone's placebo'ing it up lol. Enlight damage was 16 per hit.

Stoneskin lasts 30 secs.

Thanks to Kamiel for the testing help.

Comment

I actually noticed less TP spam from SSR boss today, so it was mildly useful. Will probably use it for pretty much every event, it's not that much MP and it will save some MP in the long run.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
            If you have to buy any two tonight, get Auspice and Esuna. Cura and Sacrifice can wait, honestly. Auspice is so useful for really any boss fight, I know I will use the shit out of it in Einherjar, Dynamis, Salvage, and on HNMs, probably on just about everything.
            Well I'll probably try out some more stuff after breakfast. My tags in campaign expire soon so I'll be able to test the new JA's out in campaign all morning so if I find out anything useful i'll be posting it here.
            Reiko Takahashi
            Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I had fun playing in Salvage, I should have been paying more attention though. While I was trying to get my amnesia cured, our BRD died (to my credit though, he got /heal aggro and pretty much got raped by fomors). Sucks can't cure amnesia, but you can't have everything.

I tried Sacrifice on ... Drown or something, and I was like, "cooooooooooooooool." They laughed.
              sigpic

Comment

Confirmed that Enlight doesn't work with Dual Wield's second hit. However, a friend told me he heard some WHMs got up to 50 enlight damage after taking sufficient damage.

I'm expecting Enspell II to be quite powerful.

Comment

I have some enspell II results on the thread in the rdm forum. It's double the cost of current enspells for about double the damage, once you max out the progressive part.
                  Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                  RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                  All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Was doing some FoV in sky, staying in Solace and at the end of the night (after getting the +2 MAB RA/EX neckpiece from a locked box), I remembered Holy is augmented by Solace.

So, I cast it upon a doll. It did 544 damage, no MB, no debuffs on the mob. I'm pretty sure that resets my solace 'buffer', but I was very impressed.

WHMs, get ready to MB light SCs!

*again, I was wearing goliard hands and +2 MAB on my neck, which could've affected the potency of the spell.

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
                    WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

The BG testing suggests that Holy maxes out at x3 damage after approximately 1.3k HP healed. Quite solid.

Comment

Just a sidenote:

The new whm spells can be farmed!

Sacrifice - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki
                        Cura - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki
                        Esuna - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki
                        Auspice - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

Droprates on the spells however are still questionable.
                        Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

Considering that those mobs are quite easily soloable and in areas where other mobs drop nice stuff I would say it's a nice trade for how much of a pain it will be to get out to those locations

At least now I don't have to worry about blowing gil from my CoP fund or COR ammo fund (yes I have two separate funds in my DB) just to get some new spells I won't be able to test out in them until later missions.
                          Reiko Takahashi
                          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Okay I can confirm that devotion does not count towards damage sustained for Misery.
                            Reiko Takahashi
                            Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

This is probably a fluke but I just went 1/3 on Auspice farming.

Comment

Working...
                              X