How long do you give a person...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How long do you give a person...

I wonder if this could partly be because he may be new to alliance healing. I know that I have problems alliance healing on my Rdm but that is mostly because I hardly play my Rdm anymore, only pulling it out for when we have to have it (Aqueduct run for instance) My healing macros are all setup as /ma "Spell" <t> so that I only have to press f1-f6 to target party members, which makes it a little more difficult. Yet I also know that there is some nifty macro command that lets you cycle through party members. I don't use it because I only may possibly need it once in a blue moon.

On the other hand, unless he just drank a Vile Elixer+1 or something, having full mp with so many people low on health, and sounding like he's the main healer to boot, just doesn't really sit well with me. That to me implies he isn't doing his job, but I can't really tell without being there and seeing what is going on. It also sounds like he is doing alot of unneeded resting, so I am more inclined to learn towards the latter.

Isn't there some kind of convert HP to MP merit for Whm? Yeah, Devotion. Is he using it to give himself MP? Can Whm even do that?

Another thing that kinda bothers me. If I were him, and the problem was I was new to alliance healing and it was too much for me to handle, I would say so and request that a backup healer be present. I'd work out a curing order where I focus on certain people and the other healer handles the rest. I would think that it shouldn't take long to get the hang of alliance healing.

Bottom line though, I would give him a few more chances to improve, and then start looking for a new whm if he hasn't by then.

Hmm, something else, could he possibly be lagging or something? Sometimes with alot of people my connection will do funky things, but that's mostly in say, Besieged. While I haven't been on a Limbus run, from what I have heard though I doubt that would cause any connection issues, and I'm saying that from a dialup standpoint.

Another thing I was kinda thinking of, what about using Ballista to help train new members? Just stage a Ballista LS match so that they can get used to working in a big alliance instead of the typical 6 man party.

Maybe we've just played this game too long, TGM. Because I find myself putting up with less and less.
    I don't know. Samurai who don't know how to SC? Blm who don't know how to MB? Drks who don't know why Last Resort + Soul Eater + Berserk + Weapon Bash + *Insert Absorb Spell here* + massive WS that doesn't even bring the mob to half health right at the start of the fight and complains about eating dirt? I may actually be more lenient with the Blm considering the standard party these days, the rest of the people who are lvl 70+ and don't know what I would consider the basics of their jobs though? And I mean stuff they should have learned, well I'd say by Valkurm but let's cut them some slack and say after Kazham? Really not so much, I tend to be very critical on that stuff. If they are just having a bad day that's one thing and is normally obvious, if they obviously have no clue what they are doing though that's another thing all together.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
      Yep, this I can't do! Failure is not an option! LOL
      If you wanna make an omlette, you gotta break some eggs.

But really, either way he'll find out sooner or later that something's wrong, because surely something's gotta give with either the other LS members or with him. Just pace it out and see what comes to pass, and try not to let it bother you too much.

Either that or reassign him. We have a guy who has NIN, RDM, WAR and RNG at 75 - he's a crap RDM so we always just tell him to come on one of his other jobs

Comment

God I wish people would tell me not to come on RDM. ; ; Even though it's my only 75, they've told me that once I get WHM to 75 I'm still expected to show as RDM. But mo~om, I don't wanna lose any more RDM xp!

/sigh.
        sigpic
        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Nuriko View Post
          I'm assuming this is an alliance-type situation ... was he unfamiliar with handling more than a party? I know that I don't know how to target the other two parties quickly/easily...
          Handy shortcuts (at least if you're playing on PC)

F1 & F7 - Target Yourself
          F8 - Target nearest NPC (including pets and creatues)
          F2-F6 - Targets party members according to their order in the list on your screen.
          F11 - In an alliance, targets leader of the top party in your list
          F12 - In an alliance, targets leader of the middle party in your list

No easy way to target the others in the alliance.. I usually tab through until I target them. I suppose you could target with the mouse.

BTW, if I saw a WHM doing that I would tell them in LS chat to get off their ass as their warning, and would consider /breaklinkshell Noobwhm if it continued.
          Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
          Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
          Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
            But the one thing I also remember is if I couldn't get anything else right by God I was gonna keep people healed!!
            LOL. This is how I've felt for 60 levels...
            Current Server: Asura
            Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
            Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
            Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
            Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
            Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Like most other summoners, I tend to get asked to heal quite a bit. Now, I just moved from the gulf coast to the northern pacific coast; the trip took roughly a week and even then we had to wait for our modem to get to the apartment (which it didn't, but that's a story for another thread and forum). I took several weeks off and got pretty rusty on my SMN when it comes to main healing; I didn't cure my party all that well for a while, but it didn't take me long to get back up to speed.

But the thing is, I was TRYING to get back up to speed.

The lolnoobwhm in question seems to be either someone that bought their account, someone who hacked an account, or someone who is being selfish and is trying to leech off of your shell. I'm not in an HNMLS or anything of the endgame sort, but this is my guess. I'm not a white mage either, but I know damn well what it means to be a white mage because summoner tends to be pseudo-whm on many occasions; that and I've leveled my own WHM to 42 for teles WITHOUT slacking off.

My advice? Confront him directly, by name, in his face, and with a serious and blunt attitude. Now. The way you talk about it seems as though you've been trying to talk to him about it and he's not taking your advice seriously. If he tries to say "@#$% you" and sass you, boot him. No questions asked. Being kind to fools for too long makes them even more foolish.

Mainly because they're getting away with their antics for longer than they should be.

Just my two gil.

Comment

Update to the situation.....

His two 75 jobs are rdm and whm. We currently use him in whatever position he's needed in. So we did a few Kirins and he was the rdm in the blm pt. (I was on blm.) The entire night he barely refreshed. During the summons, he refreshed me twice and yes I needed it more often. (If you haven't done Kirin, it is a Mantacore mob that summons 4 gods individually. Seiryu, Suzaku, Genbu, and Byakko. You take a small pt and kite Kirin while the rest kill the summons as they are spawned. Then you kill Kirin.)

After our Kirins, several melee wanted to get back some exp so they got merit pts together. He joined one on his rdm and members were /t'ing complaining about his performance. I felt badly for them because my rdm is 75 also and I could have went instead. >< One member died a few times and msged me saying one more time and he was gonna "let loose" and disband. So I guess the prediction that this "problem" will take care of itself eventually seems to be coming to fruition.

I am the first one to give someone a break and let them settle in but I do expect the basics to be known for their jobs. Curing is basic, if you don't know it after 75 lvls then you should lvl a job that doesn't need it. I just feel that this is a bought account because I can't wrap my mind around how someone doesn't know how to heal after 75 lvls of whm AND rdm.

I really appreciate every single response I have received. I can always count on the people at FFXIO to give me good honest feedback. Thanks so much everyone!
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I just feel that this is a bought account because I can't wrap my mind around how someone doesn't know how to heal after 75 lvls of whm AND rdm.
                  I blame it on the evils of high level powerleveling.

Actually not really kidding, I've seen power leveled parties in the 60+ range now, and we're not talking about friends hanging out together either, which I also see happening now and then.

So yeah, sounds like this player doesn't know how to play their job based on these Kirin fights and subsequent party, I'm also assuming his performance didn't really improve during the Kirin fights.

Yeah, I'd probably get rid of him, from what you are saying it really does sound like he hasn't got a clue.

Makes me happy I primarily play DD jobs and my main is Drg, I only have to worry about which end of my lance do I poke the mob with.

Oh yeah.... It's the pointy end

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
                    Makes me happy I primarily play DD jobs and my main is Drg, I only have to worry about which end of my lance do I poke the mob with.

Oh yeah.... It's the pointy end
                    Plus, you know ... people still don't have that high of expectations of Dragoons. It's changing, slowly, but for now, you can pretty much fuck up completely in a party and the worst you'll get is "loldrg."
                    sigpic
                    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Working...
                    X