Beginner levels for a weary WHM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner levels for a weary WHM?

Hey everyone. I started my WHM and I'm wondering how exactly I should go about soloing for these first 10-12 levels or so. It seems that I have no offensive magic to speak of, so should I just be relying on melee attacks and curing myself when need be?

Help me out!

Re: Beginner levels for a weary WHM?

The first levels will be boring, but if you target EP's a lot - just melee and heal, with the occasional Dia/Paralyse to help keep your Enfeebling skilled, that'll shoot up when you hit the 'Dooms *cough* I meant 'Dunes *cough*...

If you can afford a Vagabond's set, that'll really help minimise your downtime, and make the whole process much much more newbie enjoyable.

Comment

In the early levels of WHM, especially without a sub, you'll rely on your melee attacks more than your Magic spells.

If possible. If you make friends with a melee player at or around 1 level difference than your character, see if they want to give duoing a shot. Mage + Fighter for first couple of levels was fun as heck and helps both players.

Comment

try to get a pole as opposed to a club or staff. it should make a difference

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate the tips Any others?

Comment

Buy spells from shops, not the AH.
            Generic Info!

Comment

Ah, gotcha, Thanks Tirrock

How exactly do I raise money for these spells? Are they real expensive?

Comment

Not really...

Best way to make money as a starting toon:

Get a few thousand gil, go buy some yew rods and some little worms and start fishing in the starting cities.

Sell Crayfish/Moat Carp on AH, NPC Gold/Tricolored Carp, AH Rusty Buckets/Leggings/Subligars.

Comment

From the NPC vendors the lower lvl ones aren't..
                  You'll want to get signet from the City guards. There always by the exit to the zones in the city. Windurst's are the ones with W.W. by there name.
                  The Signet gives you the chance to get Crystals when you kill a monster worth XP. So get stacks of crystals and sell those on AH. And the various items that drop.. Some you can turn in for quests others you can get stacks and sell on AH or to venders also.
                  ==Siren==
                  Elvtin - BLM4life!

Comment

Ooh cool, alrighty. Is there any way to judge who gives quests? Or is it hit and miss?

Comment

I recommend either ffxi.somepage.com or ffxi.allakhazam.com for quest info'z.
                      If ya don't wanna look.. It's basically run around talking to every NPC and if they ask for something and the item is in green(default) you can trade that to them for the quest. Or if they just ask for help with something.
                      ==Siren==
                      Elvtin - BLM4life!

Comment

If your town gets control of the "Zulkheim" region (you can see this from the regional map), buy Selbina Milks from the vendor in your town that sells items from Zulkheim. When you drink these, you get an HP Regeneration effect. This helps to reduce down-time.

There are lots of ways of making gil. The trick is finding something you like to do. In the beginning the easiest thing is sell the drops you get from monsters to other players via the Auction House or to NPCs.

White mages are very squishy, especially without a subjob, so things will go a little slow at first. This is normal. You'll also probably die more than a few times. This is normal, too. Purchase and learn your spells as soon as you're able to and get to know them. They may seem like they don't do much, but spells like Paralyze (occasionally immobilizes a monster) and Dia (reduces monster's DEF) make fights easier.

Good luck! And don't be afraid to ask other players (especially WHMs) for advice or information in-game. If you ask nicely, they'll probably be happy to help. Asking for gil or free items is bad form, though.
                        They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Depending on where you started, farm bee chips. I'm not sure if Sandy has any bees. But Bastok and Windy has em. Bee Chips sell pretty nice for a stack. And when you get higher, farm Crawlers for silk thread.

Comment

I appreciate all the advice guys, and I'm taking it all in. Soon I'll hopefully have amassed a small fortune of my own to buy spells with as well as knew armor eventually. The game is a ton of fun, and I'm hoping to make a journal entry before I turn in tonight.

Comment

if possible, buy gear/spells from npc vendors. if you can't, amethyst quadav or yagudo acoylte should fill in your short term needs.

use a maul-type weapon, not a wand for soloing. use wands for partying.

use colored eggs for early soloing. hp+20/mp+20 for 30 minutes can go a long way at low levels. if all else fails, use meat jerky for soloing and roast mushrooms for paryting.

always keep a stack of antidotes and stack of echo drops handy. both can be purchased cheap from NPC.

with exception of a few items, sell everything to npc vendor.

and feel free to stay /anon if you could. don't think about partying until level 10 at least, level 12 at latest.
                              Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
                              Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

Working...
                              X