Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If he Hastes himself one more time I'm disbanding.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If he Hastes himself one more time I'm disbanding.....

Originally posted by BobKat
    Now the new question is that, are there WHMs that can keep the parties hp virtually full after every single fight, remove all debuffs as soon as they get them, and keep Haste, and the barspell(s) on all the melees at all times, and still have time to heal for mp? Because I simply cannot do that.
    *raises hand*

Yes. A HUGE helper is the Regen set. Regen II your tank, ESPECIALLY if you have a PLD tank. Regen II is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL for PLD tanks. For NIN, it's not quite as important but it's still up there.

The reasoning for this is...the cure line (One through five, before merits) averages out to 4.3 HP returned for every MP spent.

The Regen line (one through three, before merits) averages out to 6.5 HP returned for MP spent.

That's almost HALF AGAIN as powerful. It's almost as good as having a Divine Seal on any given cure spell. Not to mention, with Regen II clicking away in the background, I can use a cure 3 instead of a cure 4, I waste no MP overcuring, Regen picks up the slack, and with a shorter casting timer I can spend longer healing, not to mention the actual cure itself uses less MP.

Unless I get both a Bard/Corsair Refresh stacked with Red Mage's Refresh, I'm gonna need to sit down and heal for a good 30s-1min 30sec to get my mp back.
    This is where hMP comes in.

Eat cookies. (I think they range from +2 to +5 hMP) Wear your dark staff. +10 hMP. Seers tunic and baron (Or traders? whichever is the +1 version) slops (+1 hMP each I beleive) until you get high enough level to replace them.

There's a new item out called a Grandiose Chain. +2 hMP neck slot.

Through all that, I can crank my hMP up almost 20 MP per tick, and I'm nowhere near level 75, I do not have Errant set with massive hMP bonuses, I do not have herarch belt yet either. Not to mention, you notice everything I mentioned save for the grandiose chain is CHEAP. DIRT CHEAP.

I've never actually timed how long it takes for me to heal from full, but I know I can recover MOST of my MP bar in the time it takes for Raise to come up again.

Maybe I should just forget BLM and sub RDM for Fast Cast so I can rest more, or SMN for Auto-Refresh so I don't have to sit as much. I've got the expensive Mushroom Stew as my staple food, and I'm chugging hi-ethers and/or melon juice (depending on the Refresher) like crazy.
    I don't think FastCast will help significantly.

BLM has Conserve MP. I've done Raise II for 40 MP when Conserve MP decides to kick in.
    *note* Aren't there a few (very rare and hard to obtain, granted) items that BOOST the Conserve MP trait available to level 75s?

SMNs Auto-Refresh is 1 MP per tick (3 seconds, right?) I beleive. Very nice. You could also try the Sanction refresh, which is also 1 MP per tick. Sanction refresh is a latent effect that seems to kick in when you're at ~75% MP, depending on how the last couple of Besieged(s) have gone.

*Note* Mushroom stew, AS I UNDERSTAND IT, mainly boosts MND and sports a bit of - emnity. For Elvaan, I can't imagine MND being a real problem. -emnity, while nice, is a luxury that I consider about as important as dark magic skill (hey Aspir is nice to have)

($.02)

EDIT

Whoa way for me to see the second page...not. Looks like the Regen issue already got beaten to death by those with more experience than me.
    Last edited by Irisjir Callard; 06-24-2006, 03:16 PM.

Yes, it was inspired by the Simpsons
    If you know how to download and use VRS, I am interested in being tutored.
    *There is a high likelihood anyone who tutors me will recieve mucho artses*

Comment

Mushroom stew gives +4hMP, +40MP, +4MND, and -4 enmity (-1 STR also) for 3 hours.

I do agree with hMP though. My WHM and SMN are at +22hMP without food. (10 staff, 2 chain, 5 body, 1 legs, 2 belt, 2 earring)
      I can get higher if I get around to getting the yigit set from assault. But I'd prefer pahluwan in most places anyway.
      Generic Info!

Comment

Originally posted by Tirrock
        Mushroom stew gives +4hMP, +40MP, +4MND, and -4 enmity (-1 STR also) for 3 hours.

I do agree with hMP though. My WHM and SMN are at +22hMP without food. (10 staff, 2 chain, 5 body, 1 legs, 2 belt, 2 earring)
        I can get higher if I get around to getting the yigit set from assault. But I'd prefer pahluwan in most places anyway.
        I was originally specifically told it did not have hMP...by a PLD who said I needed MND boost from food since I didn't have any equipment. ((???))

He also said the MND boost was a lot higher than 4, more like 14 or something crazy like that.

Comment

MND's good if you want shiny high numbers on cure V or you're enfeebling. (Or in BLU's case, more potent magic fruit.) For a WHM, I feel hMP is more important.

The highest +MND food I can think of it goblin mushpot at +10.

Link to mushroom stew:
          http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/3921

Edit: Oh, and MND is for stoneskin too.
          Last edited by Tirrock; 06-24-2006, 07:26 PM.
          Generic Info!

Comment

Originally posted by Tirrock
            MND's good if you want shiny high numbers on cure V or you're enfeebling. (Or in BLU's case, more potent magic fruit.) For a WHM, I feel hMP is more important.

The highest +MND food I can think of it goblin mushpot at +10.

Link to mushroom stew:
            http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/3921
            Yanno it's quite possible he was talking about that and not mushroom stew.

Comment

When merit parties were still relevant, I definitely Hasted myself on WHM, for two reasons.

1. If you Haste yourself first, and it wears off, you can easily tell when to restart your Haste cycle on everyone else. I personally play with no chat filters, so I sometimes miss the message

2. If you Haste yourself, your cooldown for Haste reduces, thus making you able to finish your Hastes for the rest of the party faster, giving you more time to cure and rest. In old merit parties, I would haste, cure, haste, cure, etc, and then be able to rest for two or three ticks before getting up and restarting the cycle. This made it so I never ran out of MP, with the crappy gear I used to have.

I believe it's definitely a benefit, but not for everyone.

Comment

Welcome to FFXI Online. I'm not the welcome mat type or anything.

But you may want to introduce yourself in the new user forum... and check the dates of topics before you reply. This one is four and half years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluxion View Post
                  myself on WHM
                  Originally posted by Fluxion View Post
                  I personally play with no chat filters
                  I will murder you with an axe.
                  Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                  Name: Drjones
                  Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Oops. >.>

It's still relevant, I swear!

Comment

Yeah this was an old thread, I started reading it and I was like ... who the fuck still kills gobs in Bibiki? That was when I checked the date, but yeah, big peeve: people who tell you how to play and threaten to leave when you don't. Some people are just too uptight, that won't ever change though.
                      sigpic
                      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                        kills gobs in Bibiki
                        God, those were the days. Long before the bastard TP burns when BLMs could actually get a party and level to 75. Sure it took forever, but it was teamwork. I loved this game so much back then. I hate it now. I haven't played in a few months, and I logged on for the first time in forever. I logged off after I saw how the game has progressed. =/
                        Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
                        90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodin View Post
                          God, those were the days. Long before the bastard TP burns when BLMs could actually get a party and level to 75. Sure it took forever, but it was teamwork.
                          As a BLM in those days, I remember pretty clearly: We were killing gobs in Bibiki. There was a bard, a red mage... and four black mages all casting AM. We called it "manaburn".

There were never any glory days.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                            As a BLM in those days, I remember pretty clearly: We were killing gobs in Bibiki. There was a bard, a red mage... and four black mages all casting AM. We called it "manaburn".

There were never any glory days.
                            You know, I never really did many manaburns. I already had a 75 BLM by the time people started doing those. I usually played my WHM or RDM, and the only time I hopped on BLM was to recover lost XP from Dynamis (which I usually went to as WHM or RDM.)
                            Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
                            90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodin View Post
                              the only time I hopped on BLM was to recover lost XP from Dynamis (which I usually went to as WHM or RDM.)
                              How does that work?

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
                              WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

I believe he is saying that he usually went on rdm or whm to Dynamis so he didn't have to exp blm often...usually only when he went as blm to Dynamis to make up for lost exp.
                                Originally posted by Feba
                                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                                Originally posted by Taskmage
                                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                                Originally posted by DakAttack
                                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X