Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHM Demand?

Hello everyone

I have been away from FFXI for awhile now and I have just orderd my Expansion pack ^^ yay but I will be bk on game next week,
    Anyway I was wondering with the new jobs out are WHM's still in demand for pt's? Or have they been run out by other jobs?

Character: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?86132
    Fenrir Won: 11/08/2006
    Diablos Won: 07/03/2007

Re: WHM Demand?

Whm's are always in demand. Without Whm's downtime would be ridiculous. And now that they updated benidiction that helps out a bit more for Whm. Though its not as good as PLD's autorefresh Mwhahaha.

Comment

The weird landscape that is WHM party demand is pretty much the same as ever. The new jobs really aren't designed to replace a WHM, so I wouldn't worry about them getting a party slot over you.

Comment

Whm still have the nice invite to join party /tells every 5-10 minutes LoL

Comment

Simple and clean. White Mages are always very nice to have in xp parties, dynamis and any other raid.

Comment

Only time I don't get invites is if I seek on anon, or forget to put search comments and there are other WHM seeking my level. Most of the time I just put my search comments on, come off anon, and don't bother putting my flag up. Most cases it takes ten min top to get invite.

Comment

There were some stretches on WHM where I didn't feel as popular, but this was about a year ago, so times were a bit different then. Mostly just around 41-45ish when people got Refresh happy and weren't as interested in grabbing a WHM, and as I got close to 60 for some reason my invites slowed down a tad. But then after 60 they sped up again. Weird.

Anyway, you'll be fine. Just make sure to keep your spells up to date, and you should have no problems whatsoever. There is of course the Erase hurdle to get over (I got it in a BCNM), but you can cross that bridge when you get to it.

Comment

Huh what did they do to Benediction?

Comment

Benediction now removes status alignment.
                  There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                  but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                  transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

what? Really? Like Erase? hehe I have Erase

Comment

probably removes stuff that erase can't too :O stuff that needs ~na spells. So it's like erase + all ~na all in one.

I'm just guessing. Some real Whm will be able to tell you.
                      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

havn't been in a position to test it yet. Might go out and do that later tonight if I can remember a mob I can solo that gives me a funky status.

Comment

But remember that it won't cure Weakness.

Comment

Hehe I been tryin to decide between SMN and WHM >.< got em both at decent lvls with Erase and Fenrir

Comment

imo i guess im a good Main healer on SMN but i think SMN out heals WHM more cuz the MP and the Buffs but i think anymore WHM is used as a Raise whore

Comment

Working...
                              X