Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Common damage for Rampage right at LV55.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common damage for Rampage right at LV55.

So, past several levels, been watching the WARs in party because I was very interested in playing WAR next as a main job. (Actually tossing around several jobs: WAR, BLM, and now COR lol.)

So, I had this pt that consisted of: PLD WAR WAR THF RDM WHM a few days ago. I was 53, they were all 54-55.

The WARs both got Rampage in that party and started to use it to check it out. I think they were new to game and this was their highest LV because their gear was average, but the hype they were making at start of PT about getting Rampage was just over the top.

Anyway, so they get it and start spamming it.... and its doing like ... 100-200 dmg.

Now, I've played tons of LV55 parties and if I'm not mistaken, I've seen Rampage do 300-400 dmg at that level. I could be mistaken, but I thought Rampage was way more capable of just more damage than.... 1-200 lol.

Granted, I didn't notice ifthe WARs were swapping out STR equipment or not, but what is the basic average dmg of the WS if you're geared up correctly and playing at your best. lol?

I don't want to look forward to a WS for 55 levels just to find out I coulda played some other job instead, (like monk) lol.

Re: Common damage for Rampage right at LV55.

when i dinged 55 and got ramp, my first one was for 700+. i have a SS to prove it. i was so excited. they're just not set up equip wise to accomodate the acc and str that ramp requires

Comment

I really have no clue what my Rampages tended to do at those levels, mainly because I solo tanked a lot during that time. Rampage tends to do some crap damage when you're having to wear Full AF / tanking gear, and forced to eat tank food.

WARs likely do some low damage Rampages right when they get the WS @ level 55, since they're likely still dual weilding Viking Axes. It's not until Darksteel Axe / DS +1 @ level 56 that you get a weapon with higher DPS and significant increase in base damage.
      Lyonheart
      lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
      Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
      Fishing 60

Lakiskline
      Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
      Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
      Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
      Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Right when I first got Rampage we were still levelling in Boyada. I'd be lucky to do over 300 on crabs there.

With Lesser Colibri, you should be able to pull out 500+. Or even higher with Bards.
        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I can't speak for Colibri, but 250+ is a good number for anything with normal defense values. Granted, I'm horrendously unlucky with WSs, but that's about the range, I think. I know I was doing 4-600 on low IT raptors ~58. My first Rampage didn't even break 100 (crab used defense boost right when I readied Rampage).

And swapping STR gear in for Rampage never seemed smart to me... it's 5 hits, afterall.
          "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

When i got rampage at 55 (I wanted it so much, everyone said it is an uber ws and how awsome it is). And it was disappointment...later its get better and better, but first it was mehhh, doing 150+ish, but nothing "uber", like everyone said...later I tweaked gear, macros for WSs and it jump up to 350-450, a few 550+.
            it will hit harder and harder espec at 59+ (for me at least) and with bard

double attack bonus song + sushi and there goes the uber WS
            and a few really "uber" ones:

Comment

You won't see the consistent Rampages until you hit level 73, when you get Maneater and Woodsville Axe that will up your damage output and your accuracy. You're going to need a bard or corsair to notice the results however.

You're going to do the worst damages on skeletons, avatars, elementals, and pots; and your best damages on mamool jas and colibries. dhalmel is more in between, just wait for them to berserk before you unload.
              Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
              Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

Seeing posts about how some peoples first Rampage did crappy damage reminds me of when I learned Raging Rush. I was in a skill up party in Boyahda Tree, doing Steelshells, and I was freshly levle 60.

First Raging Rush: 29 damage. Or something like that. It was quite humbling.
                Lyonheart
                lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Well....

Been partying alot more the past 4 days and let me just say I am sick of playing RDM. lol Got from LV58-63 though so for four days that's probably average XP.

Anyway, was in a party last night with a DRK/NIN LV60 at Aydeewa Subterrane and rest of party was: BRD, RDM, RDM, SAM, NIN. Now, because we had 2 rdm and a brd, we were easily doing 8k+ an hour which was really sweet because I needed a good tp-burn party like that, just to keep me sane.

So, basically, I was extremely impressed by the DRK/NIN. He was using two axes and throwing out Rampage. Now, since the BRD was present, I know he wasn't doing normal damage, but, if he used JA's and such, he was hitting 1-1.3k on Rampage. This is against normal IT and IT+. Without JAs, Rampage was doing 6-800 depending.

His damage on WS's was doing so well and everyone in pt was doing so well w/our settup, we stayed like this for several hours.

When we changed party setup because the DRK/NIN had to go, we invited a THF and suddenly saw a huge change in our XP. Not to be a real a-hole towards the THF job, which I personally love, but our XP / hour shot down some, but down to like 6k per hour, which is still fine. But, I didn't realize DRK/NIN could hit Rampage so well at that level.

I realize it was the BRD doing the help, but, do WARS normally hit Rampage like that with a BRD? lol Is it possible the DRK is able to show out at LV60 w/Rampage? lol

Comment

I think that for the most part, with their JA's, DRK can pwn pretty hard with their Rampages, and at those levels, they can beat out WAR's, at least ones equipped like you originally mentioned. But as time goes on, DRK pwns a lot harder with GS/Scythe, but can still do some awesome stuff with dual axes. So yea, I'd say for at 60, WAR<DRK as far as Rampage goes, just due to their exceptional damage output.

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

my highest damage when i am lv55 war was 745
                      56-59 907
                      60-61 1089
                      so far only this since i am 61 now ;p

Comment

Best dmg I've gotten so far was was around the 690 mark with Sturmwind, on an IT, level 52.

My record for highest damage is currently around the 1k mark, against one of those sea monk things on the ship to Al Zhabi. Gotta love Mighty Strikes + Sturmwind + Berserk.

Comment

Not as bad as when I'd Just unlocked Steel Cyclone.

Went to Farm Silica in Misereaux, on the crabs there, my first ever use of the WS - and it missed.

the randomness of weapon skilling can be ever such a humbling experience.

Comment

before i went more far with my warrior i did some merits with drk and put 3 merits into axes. that way i got rampage at 54 ^^

oh and before i did my first rampage i used berserk + agressor and ~100tp + mighty strikes. -> 772 damage on a crab in kuftal.

since them im waiting for my aht urghan to arrive, noone likes lvl up in kuftal and other older areas anymore it seems.

i guess the common damage should be around 250-350.
                            Last edited by Throgar; 01-08-2008, 12:55 AM.
                            War 70, Mnk 30, Drk 75, Thf 37, Bst 8, Nin 37, Blm 37, Dnc 37, Rdm 75

http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=288293

Comment

Are you 57 by now and using a Haubergeon? It's a great combination of accuracy, attack and STR. Improves Rampage damage a lot.

Around your level, Accuracy matters a great deal for Rampage. I've pulled off from 250 to 950 damage on Date Eruca, with random equipment parts. I was playing around with gear.. and I don't exactly remember what was the best, just that Accuracy was very important. Also, don't worry too much about your damage. In a week you'll be way past your current level anyway
                              http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

Working...
                              X