Stats to focus on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stats to focus on

Hello, i plan to take war to 75, i just wanna make sure i focus on the correct stats to be one of the better WAR's out there. I know around 20-24 i wanna sub NIN and dual wield Axes. But should i focuz on just STR, or sumthin else? please let me know!
    Mess with the best, then die like the rest! i will rain Evil on all!!!!

Re: Stats to focus on

Originally posted by Evilwarrior View Post
    Hello, i plan to take war to 75, i just wanna make sure i focus on the correct stats to be one of the better WAR's out there. I know around 20-24 i wanna sub NIN and dual wield Axes. But should i focuz on just STR, or sumthin else? please let me know!
    Please don't jump onto the /nin bandwagon right away. Yes its a good sub and yes most people think dual axes look cool but please don't discount all other subs from 20 onwards. You will be better off leaving the /nin until at least 48 (viking axes) or 50 for DW2.

As for stats. it depends on your race. I'm guessing from your avatar you are Elvaan, in that case you need to try and concentrate on accuracy. Dex items will help you (2 dex = 1 acc) with a few str and attack items thrown in such as Spike Necklace and Beetle Earring +1. Eating things such as Carp Sushi will help with your acc too but don't waste your gil on sole/bream/squid sushi too early. Also if you are tanking (/mnk) you might want to pick up a few pieces of vit gear such as Stamina Rings.

Comment

wow! ty, but i need to change my ava...my char is Galka ><
      Mess with the best, then die like the rest! i will rain Evil on all!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Evilwarrior View Post
        wow! ty, but i need to change my ava...my char is Galka ><
        Still focus on acc then. If you find your hit rate is quite high then maybe swap a dex ring for a str one (or both if you're eating good acc food). The main thing with using high delay weapons such as Great Axe (btw Neckchopper is amazing) is you want to hit as often as possible. When you use single handed weapons or dual weild you can get away with a few more misses so you can add in a little more DD gear rather than acc.

You are very limited with your equipment choices before 40 pretty much everyone will be wearing the same thing. Items like the Spkie Necklace*, Beetle Earring +1s* and a Venerer Ring can last you a long time. Other items such as Royal Squire's Mufflers and Brigandine will serve you well too.

*seriously get the HQ items, they are worth it

Comment

I would suggest have both DD gear/food + Tanking gear/food available. For DD, bring extra gear to exp. party for mix-match, and try to see which amount of acc+, +str, +attack is good (some mob has higher evasion, others may have higher defense)
          Server: Quetzalcoatl
          Race: Hume Rank 7
          75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Working...
          X