Sub jobs... Whats truly needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub jobs... Whats truly needed?

Well I have been levleing a bunch of classes and have been rather bored. War is still my favorite. So I leveled war to 37 with mnk as the sub job and now Im leveling Nin for a sub job. Will I be able to get away with just going war/nin and not touching theif or mnk again..? Do I want to Use a greataxe or just axes? I hear people say keep great axe leveled but for what? Weapon strikes? Well I hope I can get some help with this so I know what to do! =P
    Stooky, Tarutaru supreme
    62 PLD 37 WAR 37 NIN

Re: Sub jobs... Whats truly needed?

Of course you can get away with war/nin. (Though i still suggest having all 3 subs for a warrior leveled)

Keep both G Axe, and Axe leveled, becuase both are wonderful weapons for a warrior.

The reasons to keep Great Axe leveled, is becuase it is the warrior's A+ weapon. Its weapons skills rock (weather it's the break skills, or strumwind, or any other move)

Pretty much all the Axe is good for is Pure damamge. The best Warriors will keep both leveled, for skillchains, and for support.

Just keep em both leveled, and be the best you can be as a Warrior

I will live, and die by the Sword

Comment

Ok, yeah... im lazy and have had apain in the ass trying to find a class to level in the past two weeks so i may just go war/nin and eventually level thf and mnk. So as i level keep a great axe and my axes around for what ever purpose it is (skill chaining, ws, SATA (with theif), and a what not.) Well thank you, now I guess i have to carry three axes around. ;D
      Last edited by Stooky; 07-07-2006, 08:16 AM.
      Stooky, Tarutaru supreme
      62 PLD 37 WAR 37 NIN

Comment

Heheh, besides, its always good for having thf leveled for everyones Favorite (note that sarcasm) past time, FARMING!!!

(I hate farming for my IM set, and RK shield.)

SATA is A good reason for keeping thf leveld also. 60+ No thf, guess who can take over.

Monk, has lost its style over time, due to /nin being more efficient at tanking, and damage mitigation.

But its definatly nice If you get the chance to use it.

Boost is a good way of keeping hate. Focus is an Awesome 2 minute (five minute cooldown) accuracy up. Dodge is very helpful.

I will live, and die by the Sword

Comment

Ok thanks, so it really actualy seems nin will be the one you use almost 90% of the time, then theif for sata and farming, and mnk for the occasional use. Well thats good, I can nin 37 next week and level war to 60 or so then level my other jobs ;D
          Thanks,
          Stooky
          Stooky, Tarutaru supreme
          62 PLD 37 WAR 37 NIN

Comment

I think you would be spending 50% of the time with /nin and about 50% of the time with /thf. This is because you use /thf exclusively for farming and to make decent money you will roughly spend the same amount of time you PT to farm >_<

Comment

Dont spend 90% of your time with /NIN please..../MNK for tanking, /NIN post 55 DD or dual tanking with pre Ni NINs...and /THF for DDing...orz...dont go WAR/NIN all the way....i am in a pt with a lvl 15WAR/NIN...its not funny....he tanks with berserk on and passed Dynamis Beaucidine too...and uses a Sword...

Comment

Originally posted by lionx
                Dont spend 90% of your time with /NIN please..../MNK for tanking, /NIN post 55 DD or dual tanking with pre Ni NINs...and /THF for DDing...orz...dont go WAR/NIN all the way....i am in a pt with a lvl 15WAR/NIN...its not funny....he tanks with berserk on and passed Dynamis Beaucidine too...and uses a Sword...
                ; ; wow thats awful, I'm so sorry for you lionx!
                RDM 75 - SMN 72 - WHM 37 - BLM 37 - DRK 37 -
                Bastok Rank 10 Completed
                Rise of the Zilart 16 "The Celestial Nexus"
                Chains of Promathia 8 - 1 "Garden of Antiquity"
                Treasures of Aht Urghan 13 "Lost Kingdom"

Comment

I'm about ready to take my WAR to 40 (likely as far as it's going to go, but you never know) and I have MNK THF and NIN ready to sub for it. I couldn't in good concience level WAR past 30 without all three available.

I plan to bring both axes and a GAXE depending on my needs at the time, and hopefully some parties will let me sub THF for SA+Sturmwind from time to time.

Comment

Ok, I Just do not See many war/mnk an war/thf. Well thanks, now more subs 2 lvl. ps wrote on a psp!
                    Stooky, Tarutaru supreme
                    62 PLD 37 WAR 37 NIN

Comment

Don't be fooled by that, you don't see a lot of THF/WARs either. /NIN is just the "safer" choice. It's hard to be caught in a party setup where /NIN isn't doing something beneficial; however, before you touch Viking Axes, it won't do as much damage as /THF, and you could make an argument that it won't solo tank as well as /MNK for hate reasons either (you WILL take hits as /NIN; if you want to get hate, you need to leave Berserk up; if you don't want to take big damage, you'd have to click Berserk off.)

Just remember one thing: As WAR/NIN, you have shadows. Unless your tank is a post-37 NIN, you better use them, wether you're tanking or not. Don't let your tank take unnecessary hits when a simple Provoke could spare him 3-6 shadows and maybe even a TP move. It's simply more efficient. You save HP, you save MP. 9 hits avoided every fight quickly adds up to a lot.

P.S. Don't forget that the Lv.15 Ninjutsu can be used to lower the mob's elemental resistance by 30 for about 15 seconds. It can come in handy if you have a nice Skillchain going and you don't want it to go resisted.

Comment

i lvled my war to 37 for sub using /mnk with GA, i put out noticable dmg and a few times stole hate from a good pld.

after 37 i would recommend /nin for DD rampage as /nin at lvl 55 is godly, the dmg is beautiful

later later on (post 65) /thf may shine for the DD factor, i hear of war/thf lvl 75's outdmging war/nin's or even drk/thf's which i was very shocked to hear. id have to see it though before i believe it

Comment

Sub jobs: What's truly needed?

Something which compliments the main job.

In the case of War, this extends to, but is not limited to:

/Mnk, /Nin, /Thf, /Drg, /Drk, /Whm, /Rng.

Each have purpose at various stages in the game. Your job is to best make use of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinnthrift
                            Sub jobs: What's truly needed?

Something which compliments the main job.

In the case of War, this extends to, but is not limited to:

/Mnk, /Nin, /Thf, /Drg, /Drk, /Whm, /Rng.

Each have purpose at various stages in the game. Your job is to best make use of them.
                            Drk = bad choice for a sub. It does almost nothing for the main job, so it's not really that "party-friendly", you might say.
                            ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I didn't state Exp Party Friendly Mog.

I stated the subs that have function and not limited to. And yes.. even /Drk has purpose, though I'm sure in your infinite wisdom you can disprove that...

#edit#

At what part of various stages of the game did you fail to comprehend? Do you see me stating exp-pt-onry here?

No.. hence why I listed /Whm since it's a favourite for CoP Wyrms.

And no, I don't recommend /Whm for EXP!

Oh, add another one there - /Blu as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X